Re: [Covenanted Reformation] For Christ's Crown and . . .

  • Soles
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 2, 2002
      Dear Simon,

      How far away are you from a small town called Nantwich? If you were so
      inclined I could put you into touch with a young doctor there who is a
      covenanter all on his own.

      ~Cathie~

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 3, 2002
        Dear Cathie,

        I live in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, which according to a route
        planner that I have just looked at is 74miles from Nantwich. I am
        trying to move to Stockton-on-Tees as soon as possible however,
        which is another 93miles away from Nantwich. Total 167 miles.

        There is a Refomed family living near Wrexham, not far from
        Nantwich; they worship on their own on their farm, and they are
        members of the Free Church (Continuing) congregation in Glasgow,
        Scotland. (Communion season is a major excirsion for them!).
        Also, there's an elder (or some other office) man in Crewe of the
        Free Presbyterian Church of Scotland, name is Mr Roy Middleton.
        Crewe is only several miles away from Nantwich, and my wife and I
        visited Mr Middleton and family when we were looking for a
        Reformed church to join, over a year ago. Mr Middleton's Free
        Presbyterian Church gongregation meets in Barnoldswick,
        Lancashire, which is, I guess 70 miles from Crewe/Nantwich.

        When my wife and I were university students in North Wales, we
        met Reformed believers there who led us to the Reformed faith.
        They were part of the British Reformed Fellowship, which has
        connections with the Protestant Reformed Church of America. The
        PRC helped us a lot, but finally we did not do along with all their
        distinctives, and eventually turned to the Westminster Standards.

        Those Reformed folk in Wales, one family and one single man, are
        seeking to move to Scotland now. The family are headding for the
        Free Church (Continuing) at Inverness, and the single man (who
        until recently was the secretary for the James Begg Society) has
        become a member of the Free Presbyterian Church in
        Barnoldswick, Lancashire that I just mentioned. He tries to get to
        services there as often as he can, which takes him close by (or
        even through) Nantwich at least once a month. Other weekends he
        works the Saturday night at a hospital, so on the Lord's Day he
        worships alone with sermon tapes and his Psalter.

        The UK is a small place!

        Despite the distance and my lack of having a car, I am "so
        inclined" that I would like you to try to put me in touch with that
        "young doctor" whom you know is "covenanter all on his own" in
        Nantwich. We could well have even more in common -- let me tell
        you something I've been keeping secret: I am a molecular biologist,
        working on research in structural genetics.

        Best regards, Simon.
      • Jasper Wall
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 3, 2002

          "let me tell you something I've been keeping secret: I am a molecular biologist, working on research in structural genetics."

          I knew it!! (snap of the fingers)... I just knew it!!

           "S.P.Padbury" wrote:

[...]

          �For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son also gives life to whom He wishes�
          -John 5:21

          Yahoo! - We Remember

        • S.P.Padbury
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 3, 2002
            Dear Jasper,

            Greetings from five hours ago!

            How did you "just knew it" that I was a molecular biologist? Did I not wash
            my hands enough before sending you good folk emails...? /:-7

            "Who is like unto the LORD our God, who dwelleth on high, Who humbleth
            himself to behold the things that are in heaven, and in the earth!"

            "Unto the Lord our God that dwells
            on high, who can compare?
            Himself that humbleth things to see
            in heav'n and earth that are."