Covies in NW

  • Jason Robert Schuiling
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 29, 2002
      Hey Jer or others,
      Do any of you know of any covenanters in the Northwest US,
      specifically in the Moscow ID area? Thanks very much for your
      assistance.

      Jason
    • Jerry
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2002
        Jay,

        I don't know of any out that way. But I do need to call you at some
        point, my friend.

        gmw.

        --- In covenantedreformationclub@y..., "Jason Robert Schuiling"
        <jrschuiling@y...> wrote:
        > Hey Jer or others,
        > Do any of you know of any covenanters in the Northwest US,
        > specifically in the Moscow ID area? Thanks very much for your
        > assistance.
        >
        > Jason
      • c_tylor
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 3, 2002
          <jrschuiling@y...> wrote:
          > Hey Jer or others,
          > Do any of you know of any covenanters in the Northwest US,
          > specifically in the Moscow ID area? Thanks very much for your
          > assistance.
          >
          > Jason

          Hehe well can't put you in touch with any that I know about, but
          considering that's old Doug Wilson's town and he has his little bury
          of rabbit disciples that I've gotten aquainted with in James White's
          chat room or on Undernet, I could certainly put you in touch with a
          bunch of stiff-necked "don't confuse me with the facts" sort of anti-
          Covenanters from there if you wish.... :-)

          Do you attend the Wilson college in that town? Sorry, I should read
          the archives before I ask you if you are coming to embrace the
          Reformed presbyterian distinctives...

          Sincerely,
          Christopher
        • Jason Robert Schuiling
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 4, 2002
            Hey Chris,

            > Hehe well can't put you in touch with any that I know about, but
            > considering that's old Doug Wilson's town and he has his little
            bury
            > of rabbit disciples that I've gotten aquainted with in James
            White's
            > chat room or on Undernet, I could certainly put you in touch with
            > bunch of stiff-necked "don't confuse me with the facts" sort of
            anti-
            > Covenanters from there if you wish.... :-)

            Wellllll....I know plenty of them out here already, but it might
            make for some good conversation....

            > Do you attend the Wilson college in that town?

            Yes, yes, I do, but keep it on the DL would ya(and pray)....

            >Sorry, I should read
            > the archives before I ask you if you are coming to embrace the
            > Reformed presbyterian distinctives...

            Maybe that should stay on the DL for now too ;-).....

            Yeah, so let me know if you run into anyone would you. I was kinda
            hoping that someone in the area would have gotten past (so to speak)
            the Wilsonites in their studies....alas I must wait I suppose.....

          • b_kirkman
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 8, 2002

              Jason and everyone else,

              I’m from Seattle and go to Mars Hill Church (http://marshill.fm), I have a friend who is transferring to Grey Friar’s from RTS, and I am just dying to get some dialogue going on with some folks in the region.

              Super quick bio:

              27 years old

              married (wife’s 24)

              4 kids and maybe another in the cooker

              was pursuing eldership at my church, Mars Hill Church, which I have attended for 6 years.  Decided the Lord was leading my theology in a much different direction and am about to leave and seek discipleship elsewhere (quite possibly RPNA) until the Lord provides others in the region to start a congregation (to join the RPNA, of course).

              Theological journey:

              6 yrs old to 12 years old – Baptist

              13 yrs old to 17 yrs old – Charismatic

              18 yrs old to 21 yrs old – Moving more conservative

              22 yrs old to present – Starting to get some footing

              2 yrs ago I became a 5 point Calvinist

              1 yr ago I finished the Institutes and then taught a study based on the Heidelberg Catechism at my church

              After the study I was strongly paedobaptist and tried to get our children baptized by our pastor – no go

              Less than I year ago I started digging into this “new” covenanter stuff and have learning as quickly as possible.

              Now I’m slowing down our interaction with our church, which has over 1000 weekly attendees and only 300 members, and will be meeting with the eldership in the next month to lay out what I believe (RPNA 6 terms of communion) and see if they are willing to discuss our differences more honestly than they have done in the past.

              Over the next three years my wife and I will be homeschooling our children and I will be learning Greek and Latin (and a little Hebrew) along with continued biblical and theological studies hopefully qualifying myself for the ministry in the RPNA.

              OK, I’m out of the closet!!!  Someone want to help me out here in the lonely NW.  What should I be studying?!?

              Peace and truth and much thankfulness for what I’ve been learning on this discussion board (and at covenanters@yahoogroups.com),

              Brian Kirkman

              Email: B_kirkman@...

              Home phone: 425.776.8094

              Message: 12

                 Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 08:26:43 -0000

                 From: "Jason Robert Schuiling" <jrschuiling@...>

              Subject: Re: Covies in NW

              Hey Chris,

              > Hehe well can't put you in touch with any that I know about, but

              > considering that's old Doug Wilson's town and he has his little

              bury

              > of rabbit disciples that I've gotten aquainted with in James

              White's

              > chat room or on Undernet, I could certainly put you in touch with

              > bunch of stiff-necked "don't confuse me with the facts" sort of

              anti-

              > Covenanters from there if you wish.... :-)

              Wellllll....I know plenty of them out here already, but it might

              make for some good conversation....

              > Do you attend the Wilson college in that town?

              Yes, yes, I do, but keep it on the DL would ya(and pray)....

              >Sorry, I should read

              > the archives before I ask you if you are coming to embrace the

              > Reformed presbyterian distinctives...

              Maybe that should stay on the DL for now too ;-).....

              Yeah, so let me know if you run into anyone would you. I was kinda

              hoping that someone in the area would have gotten past (so to speak)

              the Wilsonites in their studies....alas I must wait I suppose.....

            • bander1643
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 18, 2002
                Hi Brian,

                I'm sorry I haven't responded sooner, I was on the East Coast for a
                week (tickling Jerry's funny bone) when you posted.

                I am on temporary assignment here in Tacoma, Washington. ;-) for the
                time being. Would be happy to "dialogue."

                Bander1643 (@...)