Baby is fine!

  • raging_calvinist
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 5, 2002
      I posted a while back that the midwife couldn't find the baby's
      heartbeat... well, I forgot to mention that at the last appointment
      they found the heartbeat immediately, and everything is fine.

      Thank you all for your prayers.

      gmw.
    • Jasper Wall
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 5, 2002

        Jerry, this is fabulous news. May God be praised!

         raging_calvinist wrote:

        I posted a while back that the midwife couldn't find the baby's
        heartbeat... well, I forgot to mention that at the last appointment
        they found the heartbeat immediately, and everything is fine.

        Thank you all for your prayers.

        �For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son also gives life to whom He wishes�
        -John 5:21

        Do You Yahoo!?

      • Soles
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 5, 2002
          That's a relief,

          I was praying that you would not go through, what I did. Over 20 years ago
          I had a mole-tumor[the scientific name is much longer] this tumor killed my
          unborn baby and at the
          fifth month check up there no-longer was a heart beat.

          I am glad for you and hope that all will continue well with the baby.

          cis
          > I posted a while back that the midwife couldn't find the baby's
          > heartbeat... well, I forgot to mention that at the last appointment
          > they found the heartbeat immediately, and everything is fine.
          >
          > Thank you all for your prayers.
          >
          > gmw.
        • Cheryl
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 5, 2002
            Dear Jerry,

            Glad to hear the news!  Had been wondering but hesitated to ask.

            Cheryl
          • Cheryl
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 5, 2002
              Dear Cathie,

              It's called a hydatidiform mole, or a molar pregnancy.  It doesn't actually kill the baby.  What happens is that the baby never really develops or doesn't develop very far and then dies.  The sac the baby was in keeps on growing however, and the body still thinks it is pregnant.  Instead you end up with a bunch of grape-like looking clusters of tissue.  Some women will go as long as 7 months in a pregnancy before it is discovered to be a molar pregnancy.  The dangers with it is that some of the cells can turn cancerous and travel through the body to the lungs and other places.  It is supposed to be the fastest growing cancer there is, but thankfully, very rare.  You tend to see more molar pregnancies in Asian women then you do in caucasian women.

              Cheryl -- who has had 2 of them and did the research on it