Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Re: John Knox and "The Most Perfect School of Christ"

  • Soles
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 29, 2002
      Kerry,

      How long ago would that have been, did I miss it? I got booted from the
      coffee house for laughing at someone's post to Data and there after,
      forbidden access to the kingdom of the Rat. A good lesson to me, do not try
      to bring some comic relief to a tight situation.

      I'm glad to hear that you are going to stay around to pick up some more of
      that heritage.

      My ethnic background is quite the mix, Cherokee, English, Dutch, Irish, and
      Scottish, I do not know much past my father being born in Franklinton
      Louisiana and my mother in Nevada. How neat that you can trace yours so far
      back...

      Have a blessed Lord's day,

      ~Cathie~

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 29, 2002
        Thanks, Cathy, I did somewhat the same thing with this individual. It
        was earlier this month. But all is well that ends well. We are not
        alone, there have been others.

        My heritage on my mother's side and paternal grandmother's side is
        Scots-Irish. One of my cousin's, a retired Methodist minister, has
        done extensive geneological studies all the way back to Scotland. Two
        of my ancestors were Scottish generals commanding armies against
        Charles I and later Charles II. They didn't leave Scotland for
        Ireland until the English final defeat of the Scotish in the 18th
        century.

        Anyway thanks for the message.

        Blessings,
        Kerry

        --- In covenantedreformationclub@y..., "Soles" <dsranch@y...> wrote:
        > Kerry,
        >
        > How long ago would that have been, did I miss it? I got booted from
        the
        > coffee house for laughing at someone's post to Data and there after,
        > forbidden access to the kingdom of the Rat. A good lesson to me, do
        not try
        > to bring some comic relief to a tight situation.
        >
        > I'm glad to hear that you are going to stay around to pick up some
        more of
        > that heritage.
        >
        > My ethnic background is quite the mix, Cherokee, English, Dutch,
        Irish, and
        > Scottish, I do not know much past my father being born in
        Franklinton
        > Louisiana and my mother in Nevada. How neat that you can trace
        yours so far
        > back...
        >
        > Have a blessed Lord's day,
        >
        > ~Cathie~

        Perfect School
        > of Christ"
        >

        > Whoops I am in error - the brief debate I had about covenanter and
        > covenantal theology w/ datarat was in reformation coffee house
        group.
        > Sorry.
      • Repentant_deejay
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 30, 2002

          Hey Cathie,

          Something we have in common falling foul of the rat…along with a few others I may add. J  But will add that I set a goal for myself to be deleted from a group… and chose Julies group to do it in…… and it worked like a treat…just had to yank the DataRat’s string and she jumped into defend him…not sure she ever knew she helped me meet my goal. J

          Don’t ya just love it when a plan comes together. J

          ~

          otherwise known as The DataRat rejects group. J

          "8Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly"

          Deejay

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 30, 2002
            Dear Dee Dee,

            Wow looked at the group between a rockandahardplace.... 102 members surely not all of them got booted...  : ^ )

            I am just too busy to join now, but maybe later,besides this club I'm a member  at a Presbyterian group where mostly just elders post
            r-f-w....I have just these two groups...and because I am so busy with the goats kidding we are up to # 39.... three little ones born today....With all the training of foals for halter and other horses for saddle I am not posting much of anything now.

            I don't think I would ever have the nerve to purposely do something to get the boot....I am just too emotionally frail, I want everyone to love me...

            I was getting worried about the buggy conversations here at Jerry's....oh BTW Jasper how did that go last Monday?

            Dee Dee I rejoice that you know that Lord too.

            Blessings,

            ~Cathie~

            Whoops I am in error - the brief debate I had about covenanter and
            covenantal theology w/ datarat was in reformation coffee house group.
            Sorry.

          • jasperh98
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 1, 2002
              "I was getting worried about the buggy conversations here at
              Jerry's....oh BTW Jasper how did that go last Monday?"

              Cathie, don't rightly know. One of the horses threw a shoe so Jakey
              and me dind't make it past Stoltzfus' Mountain.

              Actually I haven't been able to keep up with it, but I imagine I will
              catch up. I did read where the legislature tried to pass some bill
              with an amish exemption tacked on, but the add-on exemption got
              thrown out.

              And don't you pay no never-mind to lil' old jasper, he ain't all that
              important!

              J. Swartzentruber

              --- In covenantedreformationclub@y..., "Soles" <dsranch@y...> wrote:
              > Dear Dee Dee,
              >
              > Wow looked at the group between a rockandahardplace.... 102 members
              surely not all of them got booted... : ^ )

              > I am just too busy to join now, but maybe later,besides this club
              I'm a member at a Presbyterian group where mostly just elders post
              > r-f-w....I have just these two groups...and because I am so busy
              with the goats kidding we are up to # 39.... three little ones born
              today....With all the training of foals for halter and other horses
              for saddle I am not posting much of anything now.

              > I don't think I would ever have the nerve to purposely do something
              to get the boot....I am just too emotionally frail, I want everyone
              to love me...

              > I was getting worried about the buggy conversations here at
              Jerry's....oh BTW Jasper how did that go last Monday?

              > Dee Dee I rejoice that you know that Lord too.
              >
              > Blessings,
              >
              > ~Cathie~
              Perfect School of Christ"

              > Hey Cathie,
              >

              > Something we have in common falling foul of the rat.along with a
              few others I may add. J But will add that I set a goal for myself to
              be deleted from a group. and chose Julies group to do it in.. and it
              worked like a treat.just had to yank the DataRat's string and she
              jumped into defend him.not sure she ever knew she helped me meet my
              goal. J

              > ~

              > otherwise known as The DataRat rejects group. J
              >

              > "8Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me.
              9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is
              made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more
              gladly"

              > Deejay

              Service.

              Service.
            • Repentant Deejay
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 1, 2002

                <<<Wow looked at the group between a rockandahardplace.... 102 members surely not all of them got booted...  : ^ )

                No, just a good few, and definitely the main posters there.  But its just as fair to say it could just as easily be called the ‘lets pick on Susan and Crew’ group……lol… but Susan knows we love her really, and think its fair to say she’s also one of my  most treasured members…

                Its just really conincidence that most of those who’ve fallen really foul of DataRat have ended up there.

                ~Deejay

                Deejay

                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 1, 2002

                  <<<<Dee Dee I rejoice that you know that Lord too.

                  Sorry, I meant to comment on this in my last post… I can’t tell you the difference He has made in my life.  He truly is an awesome God!

                  Your friend,

                  ~Deejay