Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Covenanters in Georgia

  • nocost2great
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 28, 2002
      --- In covenantedreformationclub@y..., "John Felso" <john@f...> wrote:
      > I was hoping for Forsyth *county*! :^(

      John, we are currently meeting in our home here in Forsyth. However,
      we may end up closer to Atlanta before it is all said and done. :) We
      have a RPNA member moving here in the next few weeks and he will be
      located somewhere near Lockheed (Marietta.) We also have another
      single guy that just started worshiping with us. He is trying to find
      a job in either Macon or Atlanta. Forsyth county to Forsyth city
      isn't THAT far! BTW, we are a bit north of Forsyth so that helps a
      little. We have travelled literally thousands of miles for fellowship
      with like minded believers. In fact we just recently returned from
      Albany NY... and that was driving... with 8 little covenanters in
      tow. :) I am guessing that we are about 1 1/2 from Forsyth county but
      I guess that depends on whether you are in the southern or northern
      part of it.
      We, taking the advice of Knox and Calvin, have been worshiping alone
      for almost 5 years, although we did have another family join us for a
      season. We get sermon tapes from a sister congregation that has been
      blessed with a pastor. We have visited with the dear folks in that
      congregation, and some of them have visited us. We have also
      travelled to Arkansas and Illinois over the years where we have
      gathered and worshipped with other covenanters. We fervently pray for
      the day to come when there truly is a congregation on every corner,
      but until then, we rest in the Lord's timing, and do the best we
      can. :)

      For His Glory,
      Dee Dee