Re: [Covenanted Reformation] court May 23

  • Jasper Wall
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 22, 2002

      Hi Cathie,

      I suspect that PENNDOT will cave in to the pressure, as some other states have done. Couching this usually goes something like this: We have tested the material and while it does not perform as well as we would like, we feel that considering all factors we can live with the results.

      My interest was more in the situation where religious freedom as well as responsibility comes into play. I'm not entirely sure on where I stand on some of the "what if" situations that come into play. What if someone believes that having sex with children is God's will? To me (and all sane people) that is clearly wrong. So it would seem to good to deny that particular "religious freedom". But then some good, sound christians believe [fill in the blank] should be 'required' that other good, sound christians do not see as required. And on and on.

      I don't know Phil Garvey personally but I know of him, and believe him to be reasonably good in the areas of traffic safety. As is often the case, there are "experts" on opposite sides of this particular case. Further, the original point was that the defendants were failing to use approved/required materials and were instead using unapproved materials.

      "Just curious Jasper, do you have any crosses or religious pictures in your home? " Well this morning I took a walk around the Jasper Estate and I found oodles of pictures of family, oil paintings and water-color paintings of scenery and stuff, wooden depictions or carvings of covered bridges and a seashore scene, I found lighthouses, a plaque that depicts an open Bible with a candle beside, numerous country-ish decorations that seem to focus on birdhouses. And get this - I found some small figurines of amish folks with a buggy and the buggy had no orange triangle or gray tape! (I will attend to that immediately - lol). Now I report all this with a gentle smile in my heart, for I am aware that some brethren are aghast at the presence of these items in my home. Is that the reason that you ask? Oh, and I didn't investigate all the books on the bookshelf;  I suppose it is likely that some of the book covers have a depiction of Christ or some religious thing.

      -Jasper

       Soles wrote:

      Philip Garvey, a researcher for the Pennsylvania Transportation Institute at Penn State University testified the gray tape favored by the sect is more effective than the orange triangles, when viewed from a passing car at night.

      The trial is scheduled to resume May 23.

      Dear Jasper,

      You'll have to let me know how the court goes ....I think the Amish will win on this one. I do not remember where I saw that info about the reflected brightness of the grey strips overpowering the Slow moving Vehicle sign...BTW those signs are ugly.....we use one on farm equipement but they are more visible in the daylight.

      Just curious Jasper, do you have any crosses or religious pictures in your home? and BTW I think it is great that you are posting more often.

      The last two baby horses were born this morning, a filly and a colt..... and we are now at 30 baby goats with a possible 12-15 more to come....all is right with my world...  : ^ )

      Have a great day,

      ~Cathie~

      �For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son also gives life to whom He wishes�
      -John 5:21

      Do You Yahoo!?