Re: [Covenanted Reformation Club] swartzentruber's

  • raging_calvinist
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 5, 2002
      The Amish are a strange breed, indeed. I've eaten in Amish homes.
      I've been to their market places. I've even been on a horse and
      buggy ride. And in some sense they are like all other groups: Some
      of them are the nicest, kindest, most generous people you'll meet,
      and some of them are incredibly rude and just plain foul.

      I once spoke with an Amish man who was handicapped (he was a dwarf
      who was wheelchair bound). According to his report, he was outcasted
      by his society. They told him that his handicap was due to his
      being "far from God." Yeah.... maybe THAT'S what caused his handicap
      and not the incestual inbreeding committed by the "godly" in his
      society.