She's Here!

  • knoxknoxwhosthere
    Message 1 of 3 , May 30, 2002
      Dear Friends,

      Thank you for your prayers and encouragement over the last few
      weeks. I am delighted to announce that the castor oil (which should
      be re-named "greased lightening"), worked.

      Last night I took a dose at 11, right before bedtime. At 1:20 am I
      awoke with a few twinges, decided to call the midwife at 1:30, and at
      1:40 caught my own baby in my hands while the midwife was explaining
      to a police officer that yes, she really was a midwife and that this
      was not a creative excuse for speeding at 1:30 in the morning.

      Our yet-as-unnamed girlie has a beautiful head of dark hair, is 21
      inches long and weighed in a 8 lbs. 5 oz. for those who like
      statistics. She is # 11 and has a whole bunch of brothers and
      sisters who are waiting attentively to spoil her rotten and have
      already commenced squabbling over who gets to hold her next.

      Things I am grateful for:

      -A safe delivery for both baby and myself
      -Baby is perfectly healthy
      -All the experience I gained as a labor attendant and midwife's
      assistant at other births which enabled me to know what to do and not
      to panic
      -That all the ambivalence I felt this entire pregnancy about having a
      baby in middle-age vanished in an instant of love at first sight.
      -For the sustaining power of the Lord through the prayers of His
      people at this time. I thank you from the heart.

      Yours and His,
      Cheryl
    • raging_calvinist
      Message 2 of 3 , May 30, 2002
        God has blessed you, Cheryl! May He continue to do so.

        Please keep my wife Rachel and I in prayer....

        We went to the midwife, and they couldn't find a heartbeat. They
        should've been able to by now.

        gmw.
      • twilight_dawns
        Message 3 of 3 , May 31, 2002
          Cheryl, I'm absolutely tickled pink for you! :-) May God bless your
          daughter all her days.

          Dawn (still pregnant and counting the days)