Dial 911 and DIE!!!

  • raging_calvinist
    Message 1 of 7 , May 9, 2002
      What? Apparently the combination of getting a Protection From Abuse
      restraint AND calling 911 doesn't prevent murder:

      http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-emer08.html

      Ladies (and gentlemen), the best way to get yourself murdered is to
      put yourself in a position where you end up begging the police to
      come save you while an intruder is in the process of breaking into
      your house (ok, so maybe it isn't the BEST way, but it's a good
      way). Even if the men in blue act immediately, it takes far too much
      time for them to come protect you.

      http://www.users.nac.net/thelaw/gonj/911die.htm

      Wouldn't you rather do the Christian thing? Arm yourself and protect
      yourself and your family. For in the home I recommend at least a
      good 12 gauge shotgun (www.mossberg.com) loaded with 00-buckshot.
      A .38 special or .357 Magnum with hollow points nearby is also a
      bonus. The shotgun is a much more hassle-free purchase (Walmart and
      K-mart still sell them). First, stop the threat. Go for the center
      of mass hit (plug the would-be-murderer in the chest). 00-buckshot
      is devastating and should cause a massive amount of internal damage
      all at once. But just to make sure the threat is stopped, be ready
      to fire a second shot. If the shot to the chest doesn't bring a man
      down, there is a reason.... drugs? a vest? ... but you don't have
      time to figure out why quite yet. The next shot will need to "erase
      the harddrive" -- aim for the head. Some recommend just "double
      tapping" (firing two shots in rapid succession) right away. I'm fine
      with that. The point is, stop the threat. Second, call 911 when you
      are safe and able to do so.

      Now, in all of this, remember:

      1. Practice, practice, practice. When in a life-threatening
      situation, you will not likely rise to the occassion, but rather, you
      will revert back to your training.

      2. Be sure of your target. Make sure you're not aiming your gun at
      your husband fixing himself a sandwhich in the kitchen, or at your
      brother who decided to let himself in the house rather than knock.

      3. Don't point the gun at anything you do not want to destroy from
      the face of the earth.

      Ok, so why am I writing this in this forum? Cuz it's my forum! And
      because I am very concerned in this day of violence that we have
      become far to dependent on government agencies to protect us, and as
      a result, we are in danger of being in situations like the lady in
      the Suntimes story.

      Westminster Shorter Catechism:

      Q. 68. What is required in the sixth commandment?

      A. The sixth commandment requireth all lawful endeavors to preserve
      our own life, and the life of others.

      Do the Christian thing.

      gmw.
    • knoxknoxwhosthere
      Message 2 of 7 , May 10, 2002
        --- In covenantedreformationclub@y..., "raging_calvinist"

        > Do the Christian thing.
        >
        > gmw.
        Unfortunately, it is harder to do the Christian thing in Canada. We
        now have gun control in place and the police have the right to enter
        our homes *without a warrant* to ensure that any firearms we own are
        registered and stored safely. This means that if someone breaks into
        my home, I first have to unlock the gun cabinet, then I have to
        retrieve my bullets or shot from a different and secure location, as
        well as the gun bolt, and then I *might* have a chance at getting the
        intruder. And even if I do get them, the law here treats the victim
        of the break-in very harshly with the "rights" of the criminal
        seeming to take precedence over that of the victim. Some folks have
        concluded that the best thing to do is shoot first and then plead
        insanity.

        Oh and btw, failure to store your guns properly could be grounds for
        calling in social services and having your children taken away.
        Welcome to the Nanny State.

        Cheryl
      • susanandcrew
        Message 3 of 7 , May 10, 2002
          You mean putting blinds over open windows is not sufficient to deter
          would-be intruders??

          Aw nuts. ;)

          Susan <----goin' target shootin' with gmw someday (soon?)

          <ragingcalvinist@c...> wrote:
          > What? Apparently the combination of getting a Protection From Abuse
          > restraint AND calling 911 doesn't prevent murder:
          >
          > http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-emer08.html
          >
          > Ladies (and gentlemen), the best way to get yourself murdered is to
          > put yourself in a position where you end up begging the police to
          > come save you while an intruder is in the process of breaking into
          > your house (ok, so maybe it isn't the BEST way, but it's a good
          > way). Even if the men in blue act immediately, it takes far too
          much
          > time for them to come protect you.
          >
          > http://www.users.nac.net/thelaw/gonj/911die.htm
          >
          > Wouldn't you rather do the Christian thing? Arm yourself and
          protect
          > yourself and your family. For in the home I recommend at least a
          > good 12 gauge shotgun (www.mossberg.com) loaded with 00-buckshot.
          > A .38 special or .357 Magnum with hollow points nearby is also a
          > bonus. The shotgun is a much more hassle-free purchase (Walmart and
          > K-mart still sell them). First, stop the threat. Go for the center
          > of mass hit (plug the would-be-murderer in the chest). 00-buckshot
          > is devastating and should cause a massive amount of internal damage
          > all at once. But just to make sure the threat is stopped, be ready
          > to fire a second shot. If the shot to the chest doesn't bring a man
          > down, there is a reason.... drugs? a vest? ... but you don't have
          > time to figure out why quite yet. The next shot will need to "erase
          > the harddrive" -- aim for the head. Some recommend just "double
          > tapping" (firing two shots in rapid succession) right away. I'm
          fine
          > with that. The point is, stop the threat. Second, call 911 when
          you
          > are safe and able to do so.
          >
          > Now, in all of this, remember:
          >
          > 1. Practice, practice, practice. When in a life-threatening
          > situation, you will not likely rise to the occassion, but rather,
          you
          > will revert back to your training.
          >
          > 2. Be sure of your target. Make sure you're not aiming your gun at
          > your husband fixing himself a sandwhich in the kitchen, or at your
          > brother who decided to let himself in the house rather than knock.
          >
          > 3. Don't point the gun at anything you do not want to destroy from
          > the face of the earth.
          >
          > Ok, so why am I writing this in this forum? Cuz it's my forum! And
          > because I am very concerned in this day of violence that we have
          > become far to dependent on government agencies to protect us, and as
          > a result, we are in danger of being in situations like the lady in
          > the Suntimes story.
          >
          > Westminster Shorter Catechism:
          >
          > Q. 68. What is required in the sixth commandment?
          >
          > A. The sixth commandment requireth all lawful endeavors to preserve
          > our own life, and the life of others.
          >
          > Do the Christian thing.
          >
          > gmw.
        • susanandcrew
          Message 4 of 7 , May 10, 2002
            I think you're safe, Cheryl. The "authorities" would back off from
            taking your children just from the sheer number of them. ;)

            How's #11 coming along?

            Susan

            --- In covenantedreformationclub@y..., knoxknoxwhosthere
            <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > --- In covenantedreformationclub@y..., "raging_calvinist"
            > >
            > > Do the Christian thing.
            > >
            > > gmw.
            > Unfortunately, it is harder to do the Christian thing in Canada. We
            > now have gun control in place and the police have the right to enter
            > our homes *without a warrant* to ensure that any firearms we own are
            > registered and stored safely. This means that if someone breaks
            into
            > my home, I first have to unlock the gun cabinet, then I have to
            > retrieve my bullets or shot from a different and secure location, as
            > well as the gun bolt, and then I *might* have a chance at getting
            the
            > intruder. And even if I do get them, the law here treats the victim
            > of the break-in very harshly with the "rights" of the criminal
            > seeming to take precedence over that of the victim. Some folks have
            > concluded that the best thing to do is shoot first and then plead
            > insanity.
            >
            > Oh and btw, failure to store your guns properly could be grounds for
            > calling in social services and having your children taken away.
            > Welcome to the Nanny State.
            >
            > Cheryl
          • knoxknoxwhosthere
            Message 5 of 7 , May 10, 2002
              --- In covenantedreformationclub@y..., "susanandcrew"
              <susanandcrew@y...> wrote:
              > I think you're safe, Cheryl. The "authorities" would back off from
              > taking your children just from the sheer number of them. ;)

              Don't you believe it! They have already visited me twice in the past
              11 years and I got through by the grace of God! You tend to stick
              out like a sore thumb when you have a large family, homeschool,
              homebirth, and live what is generally considered an alternative
              lifestyle.

              > How's #11 coming along?

              It's not, so far. :( Prayers that he/she would hurry up and get here
              would be most appreciated. I am thinking of seeing what a properly
              sterilized plunger will do.

              Cheryl
            • susanandcrew
              Message 6 of 7 , May 10, 2002
                > > How's #11 coming along?
                >
                > It's not, so far. :( Prayers that he/she would hurry up and get
                here
                > would be most appreciated. I am thinking of seeing what a properly
                > sterilized plunger will do.
                >
                > Cheryl

                Oh my. :) Perhaps a half a glass of wine instead? I know, I know.
                Poor comfort. Sigh. Hang in there, this pregnancy may have come to
                pass, but it has not come to stay.

                Susan
              • raging_calvinist
                Message 7 of 7 , May 13, 2002
                  Here's how bad it is in Canada....

                  Not only may you not be prepared to defend yourself against
                  intruders, but apparently you are not even prepared to defend
                  yourself against cats!

                  From http://webcenter.newssearch.netscape.com/aolns_display.adp?
                  key=200205131628000265733_aolns.src :

                  Cat goes on rampage in Nova Scotia, evicts owners
                  DARTMOUTH, Nova Scotia, May 13 (Reuters) - A Canadian family had to
                  flee for safety after their pet Siamese cat went on a rampage,
                  tearing at clothes and skin and driving them out of the house, police
                  said on Monday.

                  The shaken group called police in the eastern port city of Dartmouth
                  after taking refuge on their lawn on Sunday evening.

                  "Earlier in the afternoon, the cat had attacked the babysitter,"
                  police Sgt. Don Spicer told Reuters. "The residents went to check on
                  the cat and, essentially, the cat went crazy on them as well.

                  "It attacked the father and ripped his pants as well as the flesh
                  underneath," Spicer said.

                  It took police officers, armed with a blanket and a clothes hamper,
                  20 minutes to corner the cat. Spicer said Cocoa the cat was
                  eventually secured in a pet carrier and handed over to the family who
                  took it to the veterinarian.

                  It was not yet known what caused the cat's frenzy.

                  "We've been called to deal with a snake or various animals for one
                  reason for another. But this is the first time that I can recall an
                  actual cat going berserk," Spicer said.

                  Another police officer said Cocoa was "a Siamese cat with an attitude
                  problem."

                  ---
                  lol