Re: [Covenanted Reformation Club] A Case of Conscience

  • Soles
    Message 1 of 9 , May 1, 2002
      Dear Matthew,

      Thank you for clarifying your thoughts, now I wonder how does one sit up a
      e-group or club without a host like yahoo, is it possible to have a group on
      one's own so that you do not have to be a member of it? I think all such
      hosts require some kind of signing membership in order to be able to
      discipline those who would use the group/club in a unbecoming manner....like
      one submitting "porn" or something else untasteful or sinful, assaulting the
      other folks on that list. Does anyone belong to a group that does not
      require the person to become a member of it?

      ~Cathie~

      Message 2 of 9 , May 2, 2002
        Again, Matthew, I think you are answering a very interesting
        question. I don't know if I have the answer right now, but I do have
        some questions.

        What kind of association do you consider signing up for Yahoo to be?
        A civil association, a religious association, or a mixed association?
        (Gillespie's distinctions)

        Does providing demographic information in order to use a service
        constitute joining an unlawful association?

        Does being a member of Yahoo provide an opportunity for a crisis
        pulling the believer between loyalties to Christ and loyalties to
        Yahoo?

        Just some questions I think relate to this discussion.