On missing friends

  • susanandcrew
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 24, 2002
      If your missing is temporary I pray the Lord will sustain you in
      patience. If your missing is to be permanent then I pray the Lord will
      sustain you in your grief. Either way, sustain you He will.

      So how was the Thunderhole (is that what it was called?) and the
      Blueberry stuff? I liked 'em both.

      Susan <----who would like to say for the record that Jerry's wife is
      way cool. :)

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@y..., "raging_calvinist"
      <ragingcalvinist@c...> wrote:
      The set I have was a gracious gift from a friend of mine whom I rather
      miss.

      > gmw.
    • raging_calvinist
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 25, 2002
        Dearest Susan,

        > Either way, sustain you He will.

        Thank you, sister.

        > So how was the Thunderhole (is that what it was called?) and the
        > Blueberry stuff? I liked 'em both.

        I didn'try the Thunderhole yet, but I did drink the Bar Harbor
        Blueberry Ale last night. I will offer my opinion here, but let it
        be known that the negativity in my assessment of the brew is no
        reflection on my appreciation of having my dear friends acquire it
        for me. So, here we go:

        As a beer, thumbs down. I would not purchase a six-pack of this if I
        was out beer shopping. The first taste was very interesting, and the
        smell was gorgeous. I LOVE blueberry. But half-way through this
        beer I found myself wishing I was drinking something that tasted a
        bit more like, well, beer. HOPS, PEOPLE! Beer should have a
        tolerable degree of bitterness. Now,

        As a soft drink, thumbs up! This would be great for the kids at
        snack time, or on a hot day when I'm craving a soda. It's good, it's
        just not "beer good."

        > Susan <----who would like to say for the record that Jerry's wife
        > is way cool. :)

        She thanks you, and would like to add the the fifth is 11 wks old.

        Having spoken with a mutual friend this morning, I am going to add a
        large section taken from Matthew Henry's commentary on Proverbs 31:10-
        31. While the Biblical position on women is that "they shall be
        saved through child bearing," but we too often neglect to consider
        how high a calling a woman of God has! The following quote is kinda
        long, so print it out, or copy it to a text file for later reading.
        It is feminism which makes such a high calling to be shameful,
        unfortunate, and lack-lustre. The greatest part of a woman's job is
        to fill heaven. There is no higher calling.

        "When I call to remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in thee,
        which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice; and
        I am persuaded that in thee also..... But continue thou in the things
        which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom
        thou hast learned them; And that from a child thou hast known the
        holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation
        through faith which is in Christ Jesus." (2 Timothy 1:5; 3:14,15).

        Matthew Henry on the Proverbs 31 woman:

        ---
        This description of the virtuous woman is designed to show what wives
        the women should make and what wives the men should choose; it
        consists of twenty-two verses, each beginning with a letter of the
        Hebrew alphabet in order, as some of the Psalms, which makes some
        think it was no part of the lesson which Lemuel's mother taught him,
        but a poem by itself, written by some other hand, and perhaps had
        been commonly repeated among the pious Jews, for the ease of which it
        was made alphabetical. We have the abridgment of it in the New
        Testament (1 Tim. ii. 9, 10; 1 Pet. iii. 1-6), where the duty
        prescribed to wives agrees with this description of a good wife; and
        with good reason is so much stress laid upon it, since it contributes
        as much as any one thing to the keeping up of religion in families,
        and the entail of it upon posterity, that the mothers be wise and
        good; and of what consequence it is to the wealth and outward
        prosperity of a house every one is sensible. He that will thrive must
        ask his wife leave. Here is,

        I. A general enquiry after such a one (v. 10), where observe,
        1. The person enquired after, and that is a virtuous woman--a woman
        of strength (so the word is), though the weaker vessel, yet made
        strong by wisdom and grace, and the fear of God: it is the same word
        that is used in the character of good judges (Exod. xviii. 21), that
        they are able men, men qualified for the business to which they are
        called, men of truth, fearing God. So it follows, A virtuous woman is
        a woman of spirit, who has the command of her own spirit and knows
        how to manage other people's, one that is pious and industrious, and
        a help meet for a man. In opposition to this strength, we read of the
        weakness of the heart of an imperious whorish woman, Ezek. xvi. 30. A
        virtuous woman is a woman of resolution, who, having espoused good
        principles, is firm and steady to them, and will not be frightened
        with winds and clouds from any part of her duty. 2. The difficulty of
        meeting with such a one: Who can find her? This intimates that good
        women are very scarce, and many that seem to be so do not prove so;
        he that thought he had found a virtuous woman was deceived; Behold,
        it was Leah, and not the Rachel he expected. But he that designs to
        marry ought to seek diligently for such a one, to have this
        principally in his eye, in all his enquiries, and to take heed that
        he be not biassed by beauty or gaiety, wealth or parentage, dressing
        well or dancing well; for all these may be and yet the woman not be
        virtuous, and there is many a woman truly virtuous who yet is not
        recommended by these advantages. 3. The unspeakable worth of such a
        one, and the value which he that has such a wife ought to put upon
        her, showing it by his thankfulness to God and his kindness and
        respect to her, whom he must never think he can do too much for. Her
        price is far above rubies, and all the rich ornaments with which vain
        women adorn themselves. The more rare such good wives are the more
        they are to be valued.

        II. A particular description of her and of her excellent
        qualifications.
        1. She is very industrious to recommend herself to her
        husband's esteem and affection. Those that are good really will be
        good relatively. A good woman, if she be brought into the marriage
        state, will be a good wife, and make it her business to please her
        husband, 1 Cor. vii. 34. Though she is a woman of spirit herself, yet
        her desire is to her husband, to know his mind, that she may
        accommodate herself to it, and she is willing that he should rule
        over her. (1.) She conducts herself so that he may repose an entire
        confidence in her. He trusts in her chastity, which she never gave
        him the least occasion to suspect or to entertain any jealousy of;
        she is not morose and reserved, but modest and grave, and has all the
        marks of virtue in her countenance and behaviour; her husband knows
        it, and therefore his heart doth safely trust in her; he is easy, and
        makes her so. He trusts in her conduct, that she will speak in all
        companies, and act in all affairs, with prudence and discretion, so
        as not to occasion him either damage or reproach. He trusts in her
        fidelity to his interests, and that she will never betray his
        counsels nor have any interest separate from that of his family. When
        he goes abroad, to attend the concerns of the public, he can confide
        in her to order all his affairs at home, as well as if he himself
        were there. She is a good wife that is fit to be trusted, and he is a
        good husband that will leave it to such a wife to manage for him.
        (2.) She contributes so much to his content and satisfaction that he
        shall have no need of spoil; he needs not be griping and scraping
        abroad, as those must be whose wives are proud and wasteful at home.
        She manages his affairs so that he is always before-hand, has such
        plenty of his own that he is in no temptation to prey upon his
        neighbours. He thinks himself so happy in her that he envies not
        those who have most of the wealth of this world; he needs it not, he
        has enough, having such a wife. Happy the couple that have such a
        satisfaction as this in each other! (3.) She makes it her constant
        business to do him good, and is afraid of doing any thing, even
        through inadvertency, that may turn to his prejudice, v. 12. She
        shows her love to him, not by a foolish fondness, but by prudent
        endearments, accommodating herself to his temper, and not crossing
        him, giving him good words, and not bad ones, no, not when he is out
        of humour, studying to make him easy, to provide what is fit for him
        both in health and sickness, and attending him with diligence and
        tenderness when any thing ails him; nor would she, no, not for the
        world, wilfully do any thing that might be a damage to his person,
        family, estate, or reputation. And this is her care all the days of
        her life; not at first only, or now and then, when she is in a good
        humour, but perpetually; and she is not weary of the good offices she
        does him: She does him good, not only all the days of his life, but
        of her own too; if she survive him, still she is doing him good in
        her care of his children, his estate, and good name, and all the
        concerns he left behind him. We read of kindness shown, not only to
        the living, but to the dead, Ruth ii. 20. (4.) She adds to his
        reputation in the world (v. 23): Her husband is known in the gates,
        known to have a good wife. By his wise counsels, and prudent
        management of affairs, it appears that he has a discreet companion in
        his bosom, by conversation with whom he improves himself. By his
        cheerful countenance and pleasant humour it appears that he has an
        agreeable wife at home; for many that have not have their tempers
        strangely soured by it. Nay, by his appearing clean and neat in his
        dress, every thing about him decent and handsome, yet not gaudy, one
        may know he has a good wife at home, that takes care of his clothes.
        2. She is one that takes pains in the duty of her place and
        takes pleasure in it. This part of her character is much enlarged
        upon here. (1.) She hates to sit still and do nothing: She eats not
        the bread of idleness, v. 27. Though she needs not work for her bread
        (she has an estate to live upon), yet she will not eat it in
        idleness, because she knows that we were none of us sent into this
        world to be idle, that when we have nothing to do the devil will soon
        find us something to do, and that it is not fit that those who will
        not labour should eat. Some eat and drink because they can find
        themselves nothing else to do, and needless visits must be received
        with fashionable entertainments; these are eating the bread of
        idleness, which she has no relish for, for she neither gives nor
        receives idle visits nor idle talk. (2.) She is careful to fill up
        time, that none of that be lost. When day-light is done, she does not
        then think it time to lay by her work, as those are forced to do
        whose business lies abroad in the fields (Ps. civ. 23), but her
        business lying within-doors, and her work worth candle-light, with
        that she lengthens out the day; and her candle goes not out by night,
        v. 18. It is a mercy to have candle-light to supply the want of day-
        light, and a duty, having that advantage, to improve it. We say of an
        elaborate piece, It smells of the lamp. (3.) She rises early, while
        it is yet night (v. 15), to give her servants their breakfast, that
        they may be ready to go cheerfully about their work as soon as the
        day breaks. She is none of those who sit up playing at cards, or
        dancing, till midnight, till morning, and then lie in bed till noon.
        No; the virtuous woman loves her business better than her ease or her
        pleasure, is in care to be found in the way of her duty every hour of
        the day, and has more true satisfaction in having given meat to her
        household betimes in the morning than those can have in the money
        they have won, much more in what they have lost, who sat up all night
        at play. Those that have a family to take care of should not love
        their bed too well in a morning. (4.) She applies herself to the
        business that is proper for her. It is not in a scholar's business,
        or statesman's business, or husbandman's business, that she employs
        herself, but in women's business: She seeks wool and flax, where she
        may have the best of each at the best hand, and cheapest; she has a
        stock of both by her, and every thing that is necessary to the
        carrying on both of the woollen and the linen manufacture (v. 13),
        and with this she does not only set the poor on work, which is a very
        good office, but does herself work, and work willingly, with her
        hands; she works with the counsel or delight of her hands (so the
        word is); she goes about it cheerfully and dexterously, lays not only
        her hand, but her mind to it, and goes on in it without weariness in
        well-doing. She lays her own hands to the spindle, or spinning-wheel,
        and her hands hold the distaff (v. 19), and she does not reckon it
        either an abridgment of her liberty or a disparagement to her
        dignity, or at all inconsistent with her repose. The spindle and the
        distaff are here mentioned as her honour, while the ornaments of the
        daughters of Zion are reckoned up to their reproach, Isa. ii. 18, &c.
        (5.) She does what she does with all her might, and does not trifle
        in it (v. 17); She girds her loins with strength and strengthens her
        arms; she does not employ herself in sitting work only, or in that
        which is only the nice performance of the fingers (there are works
        that are scarcely one remove from doing nothing); but, if there be
        occasion, she will go through with work that requires all the
        strength she has, which she will use as one that knows it is the way
        to have more.
        3. She is one that makes what she does to turn to a good
        account, by her prudent management of it. She does not toil all night
        and catch nothing; no, she herself perceives that her merchandise is
        good (v. 18); she is sensible that in all her labour there is profit,
        and that encourages her to go on in it. She perceives that she can
        make things herself better and cheaper than she can buy them; she
        finds by observation what branch of her employment brings in the best
        returns, and to that she applies herself most closely. (1.) She
        brings in provisions of all things necessary and convenient for her
        family, v. 14. No merchants' ships, no, not Solomon's navy, ever made
        a more advantageous return than her employments do. Do they bring in
        foreign commodities with the effects they export? So does she with
        the fruit of her labours. What her own ground does not produce she
        can furnish herself with, if she have occasion for it, by exchanging
        her own goods for it; and so she brings her food from afar. Not that
        she values things the more for their being far-fetched, but, if they
        be ever so far off, if she must have them she knows how to come by
        them. (2.) She purchases lands, and enlarges the demesne of the
        family (v. 16): She considers a field, and buys it. She considers
        what an advantage it will be to the family and what a good account it
        will turn to, and therefore she buys it; or, rather, though she have
        ever so much mind to it she will not buy it till she has first
        considered it, whether it be worth her money, whether she can afford
        to take so much money out of her stock as must go to purchase it,
        whether the title be good, whether the ground will answer the
        character given of it, and whether she has money at command to pay
        for it. Many have undone themselves by buying without considering;
        but those who would make advantageous purchases must consider, and
        then buy. She also plants a vineyard, but it is with the fruit of her
        hands; she does not take up money, or run into debt, to do it, but
        she does it with what she can spare out of the gains of her own
        housewifery. Men should not lay out any thing upon superfluities,
        till, by the blessing of God upon their industry, they have got
        before-hand, and can afford it; and then the fruit of the vineyard is
        likely to be doubly sweet, when it is the fruit of honest industry.
        (3.) She furnishes her house well and has good clothing for herself
        and her family (v. 22): She makes herself coverings of tapestry to
        hang her rooms, and she may be allowed to use them when they are of
        her own making. Her own clothing is rich and fine: it is silk and
        purple, according to her place and rank. Though she is not so vain as
        to spend much time in dressing herself, nor makes the putting on of
        apparel her adorning, nor values herself upon it, yet she has rich
        clothes and puts them on well. The senator's robes which her husband
        wears are of her own spinning, and they look better and wear better
        than any that are bought. She also gets good warm clothing for her
        children, and her servants' liveries. She needs not fear the cold of
        the most pinching winter, for she and her family are well provided
        with clothes, sufficient to keep out cold, which is the end chiefly
        to be aimed at in clothing: All her household are clothed in scarlet,
        strong cloth and fit for winter, and yet rich and making a good
        appearance. They are all double clothed (so some read it), have
        change of raiment, a winter suit and a summer suit. (4.) She trades
        abroad. She makes more than she and her household have occasion for;
        and therefore, when she has sufficiently stocked her family, she
        sells fine linen and girdles to the merchants (v. 24), who carry them
        to Tyre, the mart of the nations, or some other trading city. Those
        families are likely to thrive that sell more than they buy; as it is
        well with the kingdom when abundance of its home manufactures are
        exported. It is no disgrace to those of the best quality to sell what
        they can spare, nor to deal in trade and send ventures by sea. (5.)
        She lays up for hereafter: She shall rejoice in time to come, having
        laid in a good stock for her family, and having good portions for her
        children. Those that take pains when they are in their prime will
        have the pleasure and joy of it when they are old, both in reflecting
        upon it and in reaping the benefit of it.
        4. She takes care of her family and all the affairs of it,
        gives meat to her household (v. 15), to every one his portion of meat
        in due season, so that none of her servants have reason to complain
        of being kept short or faring hard. She gives also a portion (an
        allotment of work, as well as meat) to her maidens; they shall all of
        them know their business and have their task. She looks well to the
        ways of her household (v. 27); she inspects the manners of all her
        servants, that she may check what is amiss among them, and oblige
        them all to behave properly and do their duty to God and one another,
        as well as to her; as Job, who put away iniquity far from his
        tabernacle, and David, who would suffer no wicked thing in his house.
        She does not intermeddle in the concerns of other people's houses;
        she thinks it enough for her to look well to her own.
        5. She is charitable to the poor, v. 20. She is as intent upon
        giving as she is upon getting; she often serves the poor with her own
        hand, and she does if freely, cheerfully, and very liberally, with an
        out-stretched hand. Nor does she relieve her poor neighbours only,
        and those that are nigh at hand, but she reaches forth her hands to
        the needy that are at a distance, seeking opportunities to do good
        and to communicate, which is as good housewifery as any thing she
        does.
        6. She is discreet and obliging in all her discourse, not
        talkative, censorious, nor peevish, as some are, that know how to
        take pains; no, she opens her mouth with wisdom; when she does speak,
        it is with a great deal of prudence and very much to the purpose; you
        may perceive by every word she says how much she governs herself by
        the rules of wisdom. She not only takes prudent measures herself, but
        gives prudent advice to others; and this not as assuming the
        authority of a dictator, but with the affection of a friend and an
        obliging air: In her tongue is the law of kindness; all she says is
        under the government of that law. The law of love and kindness is
        written in the heart, but it shows itself in the tongue; if we are
        kindly affectioned one to another, it will appear by affectionate
        expression. It is called a law of kindness, because it gives law to
        others, to all she converses with. Her wisdom and kindness together
        put a commanding power into all she says; they command respect, they
        command compliance. How forcible are right words! In her tongue is
        the law of grace, or mercy (so some read it), understanding it of the
        word and law of God, which she delights to talk of among her children
        and servants. She is full of pious religious discourse, and manages
        it prudently, which shows how full her heart is of another world even
        when her hands are most busy about this world.
        7. That which completes and crowns her character is that she
        fears the Lord, v. 30. With all those good qualities she lacks not
        that one thing needful; she is truly pious, and, in all she does, is
        guided and governed by principles of conscience and a regard to God;
        this is that which is here preferred far before beauty; that is vain
        and deceitful; all that are wise and good account it so, and value
        neither themselves nor others on it. Beauty recommends none to God,
        nor is it any certain indication of wisdom and goodness, but it has
        deceived many a man who has made his choice of a wife by it. There
        may be an impure deformed soul lodged in a comely and beautiful body;
        nay, many have been exposed by their beauty to such temptations as
        have been the ruin of their virtue, their honour, and their precious
        souls. It is a fading thing at the best, and therefore vain and
        deceitful. A fit of sickness will stain and sully it in a little
        time; a thousand accidents may blast this flower in its prime; old
        age will certainly wither it and death and the grave consume it. But
        the fear of God reigning in the heart is the beauty of the soul; it
        recommends those that have it to the favour of God, and is, in his
        sight, of great price; it will last for ever, and bid defiance to
        death itself, which consumes the beauty of the body, but consummates
        the beauty of the soul.

        III. The happiness of this virtuous woman.
        1. She has the comfort and satisfaction of her virtue in her
        own mind (v. 25): Strength and honour are her clothing, in which she
        wraps herself, that is, enjoys herself, and in which she appears to
        the world, and so recommends herself. She enjoys a firmness and
        constancy of mind, has spirit to bear up under the many crosses and
        disappointments which even the wise and virtuous must expect to meet
        with in this world; and this is her clothing, for defence as well as
        decency. She deals honourably with all, and she has the pleasure of
        doing so, and shall rejoice in time to come; she shall reflect upon
        it with comfort, when she comes to be old, that she was not idle or
        useless when she was young. In the day of death it will be a pleasure
        to her to think that she has lived to some good purpose. Nay, she
        shall rejoice in an eternity to come; she shall be recompensed for
        her goodness with fulness of joy and pleasures for evermore.
        2. She is a great blessing to her relations, v. 28. (1.) Her
        children grow up in her place, and they call her blessed. They give
        her their good word, they are themselves a commendation to her, and
        they are ready to give great commendations of her; they pray for her,
        and bless God that they had such a good mother. It is a debt which
        they owe her, a part of that honour which the fifth commandment
        requires to be paid to father and mother; and it is a double honour
        that is due to a good father and a good mother. (2.) Her husband
        thinks himself so happy in her that he takes all occasions to speak
        well of her, as one of the best of women. It is no indecency at all,
        but a laudable instance of conjugal love, for husbands and wives to
        give one another their due praises.
        3. She gets the good word of all her neighbours, as Ruth did,
        whom all the city of her people knew to be a virtuous woman, Ruth
        iii. 11. Virtue will have its praise, Phil. iv. 8. A woman that fears
        the Lord, shall have praise of God (Rom. ii. 29) and of men too. It
        is here shown, (1.) That she shall be highly praised (v. 29): Many
        have done virtuously. Virtuous women, it seems, are precious jewels,
        but not such rare jewels as was represented v. 10. There have been
        many, but such a one as this cannot be paralleled. Who can find her
        equal? She excels them all. Note, Those that are good should aim and
        covet to excel in virtue. Many daughters, in their father's house,
        and in the single state, have done virtuously, but a good wife, if
        she be virtuous, excels them all, and does more good in her place
        than they can do in theirs. Or, as some explain it, A man cannot have
        his house so well kept by good daughters, as by a good wife. (2.)
        That she shall be incontestably praised, without contradiction, v.
        31. Some are praised above what is their due, but those that praise
        her do but give her of the fruit of her hands; they give her that
        which she has dearly earned and which is justly due to her; she is
        wronged if she have it not. Note, Those ought to be praised the fruit
        of whose hands is praise-worthy. The tree is known by its fruits, and
        therefore, if the fruit be good, the tree must have our good word. If
        her children be dutiful and respectful to her, and conduct themselves
        as they ought, they then give her the fruit of her hands; she reaps
        the benefit of all the care she has taken of them, and thinks herself
        well paid. Children must thus study to requite their parents, and
        this is showing piety at home, 1 Tim. v. 4. But, if men be unjust,
        the thing will speak itself, her own works will praise her in the
        gates, openly before all the people. [1.] She leaves it to her own
        works to praise her, and does not court the applause of men. Those
        are none of the truly virtuous women that love to hear themselves
        commended. [2.] Her own works will praise her; if her relations and
        neighbours altogether hold their peace, her good works will proclaim
        her praise. The widows gave the best encomium of Dorcas when they
        showed the coats and garments she had made for the poor, Acts ix. 39.
        [3.] The least that can be expected from her neighbours is that they
        should let her own works praise her, and do nothing to hinder them.
        Those that do that which is good, let them have praise of the same (
        Rom. xiii. 3) and let us not enviously say, or do, any thing to the
        diminishing of it, but be provoked by it to a holy emulation. Let
        none have an ill report from us, that have a good report even of the
        truth itself. Thus is shut up this looking-glass for ladies, which
        they are desired to open and dress themselves by; and, if they do so,
        their adorning will be found to praise, and honour, and glory, at the
        appearing of Jesus Christ.
        ---

        gmw.
      • glenn2m
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 25, 2002
          Hi - haven't been here for well, months. Just a thought on this. If
          my memory serves me correctly, in the Jewish scriptures the book of
          Ruth actually follows proverbs, with Ruth showing the traits of the
          virtuous woman.

          Glenn

          <ragingcalvinist@c...> wrote:
> [...]
          > showed the coats and garments she had made for the poor, Acts ix.
          39.
          > [3.] The least that can be expected from her neighbours is that
          they
          > should let her own works praise her, and do nothing to hinder them.
          > Those that do that which is good, let them have praise of the same
          (
          > Rom. xiii. 3) and let us not enviously say, or do, any thing to the
          > diminishing of it, but be provoked by it to a holy emulation. Let
          > none have an ill report from us, that have a good report even of
          the
          > truth itself. Thus is shut up this looking-glass for ladies, which
          > they are desired to open and dress themselves by; and, if they do
          so,
          > their adorning will be found to praise, and honour, and glory, at

        • fraasrd
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 25, 2002
            Mmmmmmmm. I love beer and women (in no particular order.) I
            celebrated my birthday last night with ample quantities (and quality)
            of each;)

            Dan
          • deejay_39
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 25, 2002
              <<< She thanks you, and would like to add the the fifth is 11 wks old.

              Hey, Jerry, unless I'm misunderstanding, your going to be a daddy
              again?? Hearty congratulations to you and Mrs Raging. :-)

              ~Deejay
              Deejay
              2 Timothy 1:7
              2 Corinthians 12
              9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is
              made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly
              about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

> [...]

              neighbours altogether hold their peace, her good works will proclaim
              her praise. The widows gave the best encomium of Dorcas when they
              showed the coats and garments she had made for the poor, Acts ix. 39.
              [3.] The least that can be expected from her neighbours is that they
              should let her own works praise her, and do nothing to hinder them.
              Those that do that which is good, let them have praise of the same (
              Rom. xiii. 3) and let us not enviously say, or do, any thing to the
              diminishing of it, but be provoked by it to a holy emulation. Let
              none have an ill report from us, that have a good report even of the
              truth itself. Thus is shut up this looking-glass for ladies, which
              they are desired to open and dress themselves by; and, if they do so,
              their adorning will be found to praise, and honour, and glory, at the

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=217097.2003762.3481930.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1706
              113926:HM/A=1042587/R=0/*http:/service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=29150
              849&siteid=39282504&bfpage=account>

              <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=217097.2003762.3481930.1261774/D=egrou
              pmail/S=1706113926:HM/A=1042587/rand=964703394>

            • susanandcrew
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 26, 2002
                <ragingcalvinist@c...> wrote:
                "I did drink the Bar Harbor Blueberry Ale last night. I will offer my
                opinion here, but let it be known that the negativity in my assessment
                of the brew is no reflection on my appreciation of having my dear
                friends acquire it for me."

                Yes, best not to slap the hand that beers you. :)

                "So, here we go:
                > As a beer, thumbs down... Now, As a soft drink, thumbs up! This
                would be great for the kids at snack time, or on a hot day when I'm
                craving a soda. It's good, it's just not "beer good."

                Okay, so remember this when I have you taste a Tequiza.

                "She thanks you, and would like to add the the fifth is 11 wks old."

                Wow. 5. Wow. :) I used to have 5. Now I'm down to 3, but will soon be
                to 6 and then hoping the Lord makes it, oh, 10 maybe? ;)

                "Having spoken with a mutual friend this morning, I am going to add a
                large section taken from Matthew Henry's commentary on Proverbs
                31:10-31."

                I thank you for this quote; It was quite helpful to me. I just have
                one question. How come there's no mention of beer in that Prov. 31
                passage?? It's a puzzlement I tell ya.

                Susan