Corrections

  • Tim Cunningham
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 17, 2002
      A couple of corrections on my last post.

      Tp-My mistake-the question is whether the Jews were commanded to read
      the law and the prophets or the only in assemblies. The only commands
      and examples we have in Scripture are of the law.

      should have read "...were commanded to read the law and the prophets or the
      LAW only in assemblies".
      Tp-Christ may have participated in such blessings as appropriate
      under the circumstances. What He objected to was the practice of
      making such things out to be a commandment of God for all situations.

      This missed a line "Christ never objected to the Pharisees doing the lesser
      matters of the law (tithing the small herbs, straining gnats) What He
      objected to was neglect of the big things justice etc and swallowing
      camels.
      Tp-their regular meals during that week were not specifically
      regulated apart from requiring no unleaved bread. But the passover
      meal was described in detail.
      The word described in the last sentence should be "regulated".

      Yours in Christ's love and service
      Tim Cunningham
      Since I do not normally send attachments via E-mail, do not open any
      attachments in this message