The Challenge

  • raging_calvinist
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 13 8:32 PM
      From http://www.reformed.org/ --

      "In the name of Truth, I make a challenge to you gainsayers of the
      older ways to defend your new ways by denouncing theirs. Knox and
      Calvin, Rutherford and Gillespie, the Westminster divines in general
      and the Scottish Church in particular, etc., must be denounced by
      name for the heretics they were. For if they were wrong, they were
      very wrong. The worth of their extraordinary body of work on worship
      must be repudiated. There is no middle ground— their view excludes
      yours. You cannot accept their legitimacy for they deny yours. Long
      in the grave, they are subject only to posthumous censure; but if you
      were teaching the new ways in their day, real censures would fall on
      your heads. They would excommunicate you."

      While this group is for discussion of the True Reformed Religion, and
      not a group for the gainsaying of said Religion, and therefore the
      gainsaying of this aspect of the Faith will not be winked at by the
      moderator forever, I am interested if anyone is willing to answer the
      challenge above.