Re: Testimonies

  • seamrog1935
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2002
      Very true; however, it was God who refuted me in
      1999 after attending a Reformed Baptist conference to
      which a friend invited me. From 1995 until 1999, I,
      hoping that Calvinism was false, questioned God about
      Calvinism and set out to refute Calvinism. (Prior to that,
      the only Confession I held was the Nicene Creed.)
      Well, in the middle of that conference, God enlightened
      my mind and gently showed me that salvation is all
      God and gave me a clearer picture of our sinfulness.
      Then on the way home from the conference, that seed
      God planted suddenly to fruition when I realised the
      Truth of Particular Soteriology and totally abandoned
      quasi-Arminian soteriology. Ever since then as I read more on
      Calvin and Calvinist history, I (entirely by God's
      Sovereign Grace) have been increasingly embracing the Truth
      of the Reformed Faith. (Only 2 years a Calvinist,
      that is why I am a little ignorant of history and
      such.) There are still several things with which I
      strongly disagree with (Exclusive Psalmody, the
      Proscription of cards). Regarding Pedobaptism, I am on the
      fence, but I don't believe a pedobaptised person should
      baptised again as Pedobaptism counts as valid
      Baptism.<br><br>(I hold to the 1646 WCoF and the 1689