Re: Testimonies

  • knoxknoxwhosthere
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2002
      Dear Dawn,<br><br>Personally, I think one of the
      reasons that I hesitate to give a testimony is that
      (coming from an Arminian background) most of the
      testimonies that I knew of in the past were more along the
      lines of "aren't I a trophy of God's grace?" or "isn't
      God lucky to have me?" And usually, the more depraved
      the life before conversion the more glorying there
      was in the transformation, but not always in a godly
      way.<br><br>Since becoming a Calvinist, I see on a daily basis, my
      own standing before God is totally dependant upon the
      righteous merits of Christ as applied to me and that I have
      NOTHING to contribute. My sins rise up ever before me and
      I can only say, "God be merciful to me a sinner."
      own spiritual poverty that prevents me from giving a
      "testimony" in the sense it is usually used. I am what I am
      by the grace of God. Any good that is seen in me is
      Christ working in me, and none of my
      own.<br><br>Knoxknox