Re: Matt. Henry comments...

  • knoxknoxwhosthere
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2002
      Dear Grand,<br>I don't know if this is what you
      are looking for, but....<br><br>When I woke up this
      morning after a good night's sleep with the smell of
      lavender in my nostrils (put there to help me relax after
      a day of cleaning and cooking for a sledding party
      today) it occured to me that God is extremely good to
      all men, even the reprobates. If the HyperCalvinists
      were right, then reprobate man would be able to charge
      God with not being a loving or merciful God. But so
      often the daily mercies we experience are so taken for
      granted that we often don't recognize them.<br><br>We are
      all guilty and deserving of hell NOW! We all deserve
      nothing but misery NOW! And yet what do we get? Medicine
      and drugs to dull our pain, sleep to remove the
      weariness and minister temporary forgetfulness of our
      troubles and trials. Pleasing odors and tastes. Soft beds,
      comfortable chairs, good nutritious food and drink despite
      weeds. Warmth in clothing and housing. The list is
      endless...<br><br>Why should we be stumbled at the apparent wealth and
      ease of the wicked? This is the closest to heaven they
      will ever get, while trials and miseries of this life
      are the closest to hell the elect shall ever come.
      And in all of this is the mercy and *goodness* of God
      evident.<br><br>Knoxknox