Christ came not to save but to damn?

  • raging_calvinist
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2001
      "I had debated with a Calvinist some time ago
      that insisted that Christ not only saved the elect,
      but damned the reprobate by His sacrifice on the
      God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the
      world; but that the world through him might be saved. He
      that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that
      believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not
      believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."
      state of condemnation because of their own sin and
      unbelief.<br><br>"I found it interesting that Owen didn�t seem to
      support that viewpoint."<br><br>I'm confident you won't
      find any historic Calvinist theologian asserting that
      viewpoint. No contemporary Calvinist should do so
      either.<br><br>gmw.