Re: Psalmody

  • clarimer
    Message 1 of 734 , May 24, 2001
      "And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess;
      but be filled with the Spirit; Speaking to yourselves
      in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and
      making melody in your heart to the Lord" (Ephesians
      5:18,19).<br><br>Hey, RC, what are the hymns and spiritual songs
      referred to here? I know that we have some evidence of
      primitive doxological Christological hymnody in the NT
      epistles, but could the same apply to those great songs
      that have been given to the believers over the
      centuries?<br><br>For me, it ain't Sunday until I've sung an Isaac
      Watts hymn.<br><br>Chris
    • almo_no1
      Message 734 of 734 , Sep 18, 2001
        prayers are easy gmw, you've got 'em.