Re: Covenant of Works Question

  • PILGRIM313
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2001
      Knoxknox: from what I understand of the situation
      that you question:<br>The Covenant of Works-
      Gen.2:16,17 describes the covenant of works. The parties to
      this covenant were God and Adam. The promise of the
      covenant was life. The proviso was Adam's perfect
      obedience. The penalty of disobedience was death. That God
      placed Adam in a covenant relation with Him is clear
      from Hosea 6:7: "They like men (heb.Adam) have
      transgressed the covenant."<br><br>The Covenant of Mercy-This
      covenant was made from all eternity, and put into
      operation at the fall of man to bring salvation from sin
      and its penalty. It is generally subdivided in
      theological literature into the covenant of redemption, made
      between the Father and the Son, and the covenant of
      grace, which is based on the Covenant of Redemption, and
      which is made between God and His elect.<br>Pilgrim