Christian Civil Government

  • thedatarat
    Message 1 of 734 , May 23 2:28 PM
      *<br><br>Transplanting a discussion from the
      absolutely<br>*no* expectation that the state will grant<br>favoured
      has accused Bro. Rat of an<br>"fairly ingenious" -but
      false- argument. He fails<br>to see any "expectation" of
      Christianity being<br>officially favored by Christian secular
      Raton would say that the New<br>Testament ISN'T
      divorced from the Old. The OT is<br>the preface and the
      background for the NT, and<br>OT dictums did ~not~ fade into
      we have no difficulty supporting the<br>classic
      Reformed politic from the New Testament:<br>Romans 13:4
      depicts the State as a "minister of<br>God" (NASB, KJV,
      WEB, ASV; "God's minister"<br>NKJ; "servant of God"
      further defines the State as explicitly<br>authorized and
      deputized by the Lord.<br><br>Do we need more warrant for
      Christian civil<br>government ? El Raton de los Datos
      OT we have the Israelite<br>commonwealth as the
      paradigm... And therefore we<br>should get all our principles
      for civil government <br>from
      has<br>consistently argued his point from BOTH the<br>Old Testament
      and the New ! Indeed, ~most~ of<br>your favorite
      rodent's argument has been from<br>the first four verses
    • almo_no1
      Message 734 of 734 , Sep 18, 2001
        prayers are easy gmw, you've got 'em.