2010 Confessional Presbyterian for $18 and free CD, until end of 2010
- Before the end of 2010, order the 2010 issue of The Confessional Presbyterian for $18 and receive a free CD of the original editions of the Westminster Confession of Faith and Catechisms with proofs (Old Paths ed.; while supplies last). The 2010 issue rate will rise to $25 on January 1st. There is also special pricing for back issue sets.
If the links get stripped out of this message, you can order at http://www.cpjournal.com/products-page/
USA only: Renew/Subscribe for volume 6 only for $18 here.
*USA only: Subscribe and Purchase all back issues $73 here.
USA only: Purchase volumes 1-5 only for $55 here.
Outside the USA: Purchase vol. 6 for $25 here.
*Outside the USA: Subscribe & Purchase back issues, $105 here.
Outside the USA: Purchase vols 1-5 for $80 here.
Be sure we receive your mailing address when you order.
The Confessional Presbyterian journal
The 2010 issue of The Confessional Presbyterian is now available. For those who have already subscribed or renewed; thank you. If you have not yet done so, subscribe or renew now for 2010 for only $18 ($25 Institutional/Foreign). The USA rate will rise to the normal retail price of $25 beginning January 1st.
The contents for 2010 is below.
Free OfferUSA only. We will include with any purchase of the 2010 or other issues, a free CD version of the first editions of the Westminster Confession of Faith and Catechisms with scripture proofs published by Old Paths Publications. Non USA: we will include the CD with any order of back issue sets.
with any purchase before January 1, 2011.
3. Heinrich Bullinger on Union with Christ and Justification
By J. V. Fesko
11. Must We Believe? Jonathan Edwards and Conscious Faith in Christ
By Jeffrey Waddington
22. The Theological Climate of the Early Nineteenth Century and the Founding of a Polemical Seminary at Princeton
By Allen Stanton
31. Calvin in the Hands of the Philistines, Or, Did Calvin Bowl on the Sabbath?
By Chris Coldwell
50. B. B. Warfield on Creation and Evolution
By Fred G. Zaspel
60. American Presbyterianism and the Cold War
By Frank J. Smith, Ph.D., D.D.
97. Explicit and Implicit Appendixes to Calvin’s View of Justification by Faith
By David W. Hall
108. Ulrich Zwingli and the Swiss Anabaptists: Sola Scriptura and the Reformation of Christian Worship
By Glen J. Clary
125. Englishing the Bible: A Confessional Approach
By Benjamin Shaw
132. The Modern Roman Catholic View of Scripture
By Mark Herzer
145. The Old Testament and the Comparative Method
By Bryan D. Estelle
167. Covenant Theology and Recent Interpretation of Paul:
By Guy Prentiss Waters, Ph.D.
180. John Owen on the Study of Theology
By Ryan M. McGraw
196. The Presence of Divine Persons: Extending the Incarnational Analogy to Impeccability and Inerrancy
By Lane G. Tipton
Reviews & Responses (202–247):
Joseph C. Morecraft, III, Authentic Christianity: An Exposition of the Theology and Ethics of the Westminster Larger Catechism; Chris Coldwell, The Larger Catechism of the Westminster Assembly: A Transcription of the Surviving Manuscripts with Notes; John R. Bower, The Larger Catechism: A Critical Text and Introduction. Reviewed by Lane Keister
Jay E. Adams, Keeping the Sabbath Today? Reviewed by W. Gary Crampton, Th.D.
Robert Letham, The Westminster Assembly: Reading its theology in historical context. Reviewed by Rowland S. Ward, ThD.
Garnet Howard Milne, The Westminster Confession of Faith and the Cessation of Special Revelation: The Majority Puritan Viewpoint on Whether Extra-biblical Prophecy is Still Possible. Reviewed by Donald John MacLean.
Paul Helm, Calvin at the Centre. Reviewed by James E. Dolezal.
Richard C. Gamble, The Whole Counsel of God: Vol. 1, God’s Mighty Acts in the Old Testament. Reviewed by Jeffrey C. Waddington.
Greg L. Bahnsen, Presuppositional Apologetics: Stated and Defended. Review by Dr. W. Gary Crampton.
Brian K. Kay, Trinitarian Spirituality: John Owen and the Doctrine of God in Western Devotion. Reviewed by Rev. Ryan M. McGraw,
Timothy Z. Witmer, The Shepherd Leader. Reviewed by Tom Deatsch.
Psallo: Psalm 43 (Todd L. Ruddell)
In Translatiōne: De Brès versus Richardot: A Sixteenth-Century Debate Regarding the Lord’s Supper (Introduction and Translation by Wes Bredenhof)
Antiquary: Westminster Abbey Library and Other Theological Resources of the Assembly of Divines (1643–1652) (Chris Coldwell)
The Confessional Presbyteri*an, P. O. Box 141084, Dallas, Texas 75214.
General Editor & Publisher: Mr. Chris Coldwell. Editors: C. N. Willborn, Ph.D.; James J. Cassidy (Articles); Mr. Lane Keister (Reviews).
Subscriptions: USA $18; Library/Foreign $25. Retail: $25.
The Confessional Presbyterian, Volume 6 (2010).
ISSN 1549-9979 ISBN 978-0-941075-45-9
All Material Copyright © 2010 by Confessional Presbyterian Press.
This periodical is indexed in the ATLA Religion Database®, a product of the American Theological Library Association, 300 S. Wacker Dr., Suite 2100, Chicago, IL 60606, USA. email: atla@..., www:http://www.atla.com.
Front Cover: Benjamin Breckinridge Warfield (1851–1921).
Copyright © 2010 by Mike Mahon.
Back Cover: Interior of Westminster Abbey, London.