Reformation Art – 20% off Sale and New Poster Announcement

  • ndrwmd
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29 12:54 PM
      To view the html version of this newsletter, please click on the following link:

      Greetings Friends,

      We have so much to give thanks for! To show how thankful we are to the Lord for
      you and your support of Reformation Art, we are giving you 20% off your next
      order over the next 2 weeks. Use the coupon code "thanks" (without the
      quotation marks) when checking out to receive your discount. This excludes the
      pre-publication purchase of The Ordination of Elders in a Scottish Kirk poster.

      We are pleased to announce that we are reproducing the famous painting The
      Ordination of Elders in a Scottish Kirk by John Henry Lorimer.

      To pre-order your copy (select multiple copies to receive a volume discount),
      please click on the following link:

      This painting is being printed as a 24"X36" poster, which is the same size as
      the Westminster Assembly of Divines and the Synod of Dordrecht posters.

      Here are some kind endorsements from several of our friends:

      "Lovers of Reformed theology, and specifically Presbyterianism, will welcome the
      availability of this historic work of art, 'The Ordination of Elders in a
      Scottish Kirk.' It expresses so much of what is dear to us in our love for the
      church and the importance of elder rule. Don't miss the opportunity to obtain a
      copy of this painting for yourself. Display it proudly, and let it remind you to
      pray for the church and her leaders."
      ~ Dr. Don Kistler www.DonKistler.org

      "If there was ever a time when we need to recapture the spirit of faith and
      holiness from those who have gone before, that time must surely be now.
      Reformation Art is a great inspiration to Christians today, visually connecting
      us with the great heritage of our faith. The Ordination of Elders in Scottish
      Kirk is a classic example of art that inspires and informs. The combination of
      gravity, godliness, and grace that is evident in this painting is a great
      reminder of where we have come from, as well as where the Lord would have us to
      ~ Richard D. Phillips, Senior Minister of Second Presbyterian Church in
      Greenville, South Carolina

      "This picture from a bygone age still has the power to speak today of the
      solemnity involved in the installation of elders and the seriousness of the
      task. Many of us may well `dress down' in comparison to our forebears, but the
      awesome (in the strict sense of the word) nature of the elder's calling and role
      remains the same. This famous painting is thus testimony to a way of life now
      passed in its fashions and style but perennial in its importance and gravity."
      ~ Dr. Carl Trueman, Professor of Historical Theology and Church History at
      Westminster Theological Seminary.

      "The Lorimer painting of 'The Ordination of Elders in a Scottish Kirk' is a
      classic that is packed with symbolism, meaning, and expression. Given how it
      graphically portrays the dignity of being set aside for the Lord's work in an
      age that denigrates office-bearing in Christ's name, I can think of few
      paintings that I would rather have in my home or study!"
      ~Dr. Joel R. Beeke, Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary, Grand Rapids

      "The Ordination of Elders in a Scottish Kirk by John Henry Lorimer (1856-1936)
      was painted in 1891. It is a truly wonderful picture, very true to life in
      earlier times of godly Presbyterianism in Scotland. Below the pulpit in the long
      wall of the rectangular church with pews in a U shape around it is the
      precentor's desk where the leader of the singing would stand. Most of the elders
      are indeed older men but there is a variety of ages including one man who is
      quite young. Lorimer was a fine artist and his work remains highly prized. I
      warmly commend this fine reproduction of the original in the National Portrait
      Gallery of Scotland."
      ~ Rev Dr Rowland S. Ward, Knox Presbyterian Church of Eastern Australia,

      "Historic prints and paintings from church history are a valuable way of
      connecting the church with its legacy, and especially of connecting the rising
      generation with the heroes and landmarks of our heritage. I highly recommend
      ~ Terry Johnson, Senior Minister of Independent Presbyterian Church in Savannah,

      I appreciate your continued prayers as I seek to serve the Lord as He plants a
      church in NW Houston, Texas. You can learn more about my labors there by
      visiting http://www.HoustonReformed.org

      Your Servant in Christ,
      Andrew Moody
      http://www.facebook.com/reformationart (find us on facebook!)