RE: [Covenanted Reformation] AROSE A G A I N = PREDESTINATION!!!

  • Glenn Ferrell
    Message 1 of 22 , Nov 7, 2010
      Larry:

      Will do so.  Michelle and her family just left here about an hour ago.  Wonderful folk.

      Glenn

      J. Glenn Ferrell, Pastor, First Orthodox Presbyterian Church of San Francisco.

      > To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
      > From: lbump@...
      > Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 17:55:28 -0500
      > Subject: Re: [Covenanted Reformation] AROSE A G A I N = PREDESTINATION!!!
      >
      > Pator Ferrell;
      >
      > Tell Michelle Majauskas we miss her and love her.
      >
      > --
      > Larry Bump (but it's at the top of the message beside "From:")

      > <*> Your email settings:
      > Individual Email | Traditional
      >
      > <*> To change settings online go to:
      > (Yahoo! ID required)
      >
      > <*> To change settings via email:
      > covenantedreformationclub-digest@yahoogroups.com
      > covenantedreformationclub-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Larry Bump
      Message 2 of 22 , Nov 7, 2010
        On 11/8/2010 12:26 AM, Glenn Ferrell wrote:
        Larry:

        Will do so.  Michelle and her family just left here about an hour ago.  Wonderful folk.

        Glenn

        I have only ever met a sister, but yes, delightful people.
        Message 3 of 22 , Nov 7, 2010
          There are three girls (and a son), all unmarried, but these women would make wonderful Christian wives for some godly young man.  Any takers out there?  Sometimes wish I had a few more unmarried sons to help start new covenant families. But, mine are taken.

          To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 22 , Nov 7, 2010
            On 11/8/2010 1:16 AM, Glenn Ferrell wrote:
            There are three girls (and a son), all unmarried, but these women would make wonderful Christian wives for some godly young man.  Any takers out there?  Sometimes wish I had a few more unmarried sons to help start new covenant families. But, mine are taken.

            My boys are 19 and 14; I don't think they match up with any of them.
            Message 5 of 22 , Nov 8, 2010
              Raise them up right so they will make good husbands for godly Christian women someday.  Not enough good men to go around.

              To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 22 , Nov 9, 2010
                Congratulations & may God bless your ministry...

                Kris D. Jones Dewi_Sant1@...

                To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
                From: jglennferrell@...
                Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 10:38:24 -0600

                I'm now resident in the manse of First OPC in San Francisco, on the west side of the city, 1350 Lawton Street.  This was the congregation served by Charles McIlhenny for 32 years.  He is now a hospital chaplain in Southern California.  During Mr. McIlhenny's pastorate, First OPC did become an a capella Exclusive Psalmody congregation.  They remain so.  One of the reasons their pulpit was vacant for five years was the difficulty of finding a man who shared their views and could articulate them.  The Lord willing, I will be installed as Pastor this coming Friday, November 5th, at 7:30 PM.

                Glenn

                J. Glenn Ferrell, Pastor-elect of First Orthodox Presbyterian Church in San Francisco.

                To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
                From: bsuden@...
                Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 22:14:20 +0000

                It was a good answer by "J. Glenn Ferrell, Minister of the Gospel of
                Jesus Christ, about to be "translated" to San Francisco."

                My question would be, where in SF?

                First OPC of SF which was a psalm singing congregation?
                Former pastor Chuck McIllhenny left I don't know when and went where?

                Anybody know?

                "PuritanoPresbiteriano" <puritanpresbyterian@...> wrote:

                > Hey, where's the "Like" button on this thing?
                >
                > I "Like" this post by Rev. Ferrell.
                >
                > ;^)
                >
                > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Glenn Ferrell
                jglennferrell@ wrote:

                > > I suspect people are more active on Facebook and other forums today
                than listservers like this one. To imply one has an obligation to post
                or respond on this or any group is to make an internet forum an
                ordinance or means of grace. The church is where one has an obligation
                to encourage fellow believers.

                > > Eric: Why not tell us something about yourself and your concerns.
                People here may then offer some encouragement and help.

                > > Glenn
                > >

                > > J. Glenn Ferrell, Minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, about to
                be "translated" to San Francisco.

                > > To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
                > > From: ragingcalvinist@
                > > Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 14:40:20 +0000
                > > Subject: Re: [Covenanted Reformation] AROSE A G A I N =
                PREDESTINATION!!!

                > > Jack,
                > >
                > > I just now placed him on moderation, and deleted his last 4 messages
                (all identical, all nonsensical, all accusatory in some way).

                > > I don't know him, and I imagine I only understand a small percentage
                of what he's attempting to communicate.

                > > I'm sorry this group is so quiet, but silence is better than
                nonsense.

                > > gmw.
                > >
                > > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Jasper
                <jasperh98@> wrote:

                > > > Jerry,
                > > >
                > > > Regarding this person "Eric", apparently some members here know
                him and even
                > > > understand his incoherent ramblings. I do not know him or
                understand much of
                > > > what he posts; but I do understand that he just stated that some
                of us are
                > > > abominable and sinful for being "quiet at the listserver". I
                am not edified by
                > > > his posts and I find this latest post to be quite annoying.Â
                Am I missing
                > > > something here that prevents me from receiving this some better
                way?

                > > > Jack

                PREDESTINATION!!!