Re: [Covenanted Reformation] AROSE A G A I N = PREDESTINATION!!!

  • Larry Bump
    Message 1 of 22 , Nov 7, 2010
      Pator Ferrell;

      Tell Michelle Majauskas we miss her and love her.

      --
      Larry Bump (but it's at the top of the message beside "From:")
    • Glenn Ferrell
      Message 2 of 22 , Nov 7, 2010
        Installation was Friday evening.  It was a wonderful gathering with folk from probably eight or more congregations.  Good food and fellowship, with sermon and charges to new pastor and congregation.  Bob Needham, in his sermon at the installation service, noted that the building of First OPC SF was probably the only OP congregation anywhere ever to come under actual physical attack. His message was on our warrior Savior.

        Today, preached first two sermons as pastor of FOPCSF.

        Glenn

        J. Glenn Ferrell, Pastor, First Orthodox Presbyterian Church of San Francisco.

        To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
        From: bsuden@...
        Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 18:18:30 +0000
        Subject: Re: [Covenanted Reformation] AROSE A G A I N = PREDESTINATION!!!

        Thanks Glenn et al, for clarifying this.
        I used to have family in SF and still do in Beserkley and Portola
        Valley. Haven't dropped into First for years. Chuck and the elders at
        one time were working with a mission outreach in Fremont/S. Bay, so I
        kind of wondered if he had gone there. Hadn't heard that he moved to
        LA. Since Chuck and the church also took some real heat from the modern
        day descendants of a certain Biblical city, as well as holding to the
        historic presbyterian position on worship in both principle and
        <i>practice</i> (I heard GI. Williamson at First's '96 conference on
        worship), one can understand the vacancy, but five years is still a
        long time. I imagine there was a lot of candidating, pulpit supply from
        presbytery and taped sermons. Good on First for holding out.

        The Lord's best to the new pastor and congregation.
        Bob S.

        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Glenn Ferrell
        <jglennferrell@...> wrote:

        > I'm now resident in the manse of First OPC in San Francisco, on the
        west side of the city, 1350 Lawton Street. This was the congregation
        served by Charles McIlhenny for 32 years. He is now a hospital chaplain
        in Southern California. During Mr. McIlhenny's pastorate, First OPC did
        become an a capella Exclusive Psalmody congregation. They remain so.
        One of the reasons their pulpit was vacant for five years was the
        difficulty of finding a man who shared their views and could articulate
        them. The Lord willing, I will be installed as Pastor this coming
        Friday, November 5th, at 7:30 PM.

        > Glenn
        >

        > J. Glenn Ferrell, Pastor-elect of First Orthodox Presbyterian Church
        in San Francisco.

        > To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
        > From: bsuden@...
        > Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 22:14:20 +0000
        > Subject: Re: [Covenanted Reformation] AROSE A G A I N =
        PREDESTINATION!!!

        Message 3 of 22 , Nov 7, 2010
          Larry:

          Will do so.  Michelle and her family just left here about an hour ago.  Wonderful folk.

          Glenn

          J. Glenn Ferrell, Pastor, First Orthodox Presbyterian Church of San Francisco.

          > To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
          > From: lbump@...
          > Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 17:55:28 -0500
          > Subject: Re: [Covenanted Reformation] AROSE A G A I N = PREDESTINATION!!!
          >
          > Pator Ferrell;
          >
          > Tell Michelle Majauskas we miss her and love her.
          >
          > --
          > Larry Bump (but it's at the top of the message beside "From:")

          > <*> Your email settings:
          > Individual Email | Traditional
          >
          > <*> To change settings online go to:
          > (Yahoo! ID required)
          >
          > <*> To change settings via email:
          > covenantedreformationclub-digest@yahoogroups.com
          > covenantedreformationclub-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Larry Bump
          Message 4 of 22 , Nov 7, 2010
            On 11/8/2010 12:26 AM, Glenn Ferrell wrote:
            Larry:

            Will do so.  Michelle and her family just left here about an hour ago.  Wonderful folk.

            Glenn

            I have only ever met a sister, but yes, delightful people.
            Message 5 of 22 , Nov 7, 2010
              There are three girls (and a son), all unmarried, but these women would make wonderful Christian wives for some godly young man.  Any takers out there?  Sometimes wish I had a few more unmarried sons to help start new covenant families. But, mine are taken.

              To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 22 , Nov 7, 2010
                On 11/8/2010 1:16 AM, Glenn Ferrell wrote:
                There are three girls (and a son), all unmarried, but these women would make wonderful Christian wives for some godly young man.  Any takers out there?  Sometimes wish I had a few more unmarried sons to help start new covenant families. But, mine are taken.

                My boys are 19 and 14; I don't think they match up with any of them.
                Message 7 of 22 , Nov 8, 2010
                  Raise them up right so they will make good husbands for godly Christian women someday.  Not enough good men to go around.

                  To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com

                  Message 8 of 22 , Nov 9, 2010
                    Congratulations & may God bless your ministry...

                    Kris D. Jones Dewi_Sant1@...

                    To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
                    From: jglennferrell@...
                    Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 10:38:24 -0600

                    To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
                    From: bsuden@...
                    Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 22:14:20 +0000

                    It was a good answer by "J. Glenn Ferrell, Minister of the Gospel of
                    Jesus Christ, about to be "translated" to San Francisco."

                    My question would be, where in SF?

                    First OPC of SF which was a psalm singing congregation?
                    Former pastor Chuck McIllhenny left I don't know when and went where?

                    Anybody know?

                    "PuritanoPresbiteriano" <puritanpresbyterian@...> wrote:

                    > Hey, where's the "Like" button on this thing?
                    >
                    > I "Like" this post by Rev. Ferrell.
                    >
                    > ;^)
                    >
                    > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Glenn Ferrell
                    jglennferrell@ wrote:

                    > > I suspect people are more active on Facebook and other forums today
                    than listservers like this one. To imply one has an obligation to post
                    or respond on this or any group is to make an internet forum an
                    ordinance or means of grace. The church is where one has an obligation
                    to encourage fellow believers.

                    > > Eric: Why not tell us something about yourself and your concerns.
                    People here may then offer some encouragement and help.

                    > > Glenn
                    > >

                    > > J. Glenn Ferrell, Minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, about to
                    be "translated" to San Francisco.

                    > > To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
                    > > From: ragingcalvinist@
                    > > Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 14:40:20 +0000
                    > > Subject: Re: [Covenanted Reformation] AROSE A G A I N =
                    PREDESTINATION!!!

                    > > Jack,
                    > >
                    > > I just now placed him on moderation, and deleted his last 4 messages
                    (all identical, all nonsensical, all accusatory in some way).

                    > > I don't know him, and I imagine I only understand a small percentage
                    of what he's attempting to communicate.

                    > > I'm sorry this group is so quiet, but silence is better than
                    nonsense.

                    > > gmw.
                    > >
                    > > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Jasper
                    <jasperh98@> wrote:

                    > > > Jerry,
                    > > >
                    > > > Regarding this person "Eric", apparently some members here know
                    him and even
                    > > > understand his incoherent ramblings. I do not know him or
                    understand much of
                    > > > what he posts; but I do understand that he just stated that some
                    of us are
                    > > > abominable and sinful for being "quiet at the listserver". I
                    am not edified by
                    > > > his posts and I find this latest post to be quite annoying.Â
                    Am I missing
                    > > > something here that prevents me from receiving this some better
                    way?

                    > > > Jack

                    PREDESTINATION!!!