Re: [Covenanted Reformation] AROSE A G A I N = PREDESTINATION!!!

  • boliver allmon
    Message 1 of 22 , Oct 31, 2010
      Pastor Ferrell is taking over at First OPC in SF.

      On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 5:14 PM, bob_suden <bsuden@...> wrote:

      It was a good answer by "J. Glenn Ferrell, Minister of the Gospel of

      Jesus Christ, about to be "translated" to San Francisco."

      My question would be, where in SF?

      First OPC of SF which was a psalm singing congregation?
      Former pastor Chuck McIllhenny left I don't know when and went where?

      Anybody know?

      "PuritanoPresbiteriano" <puritanpresbyterian@...> wrote:

      > Hey, where's the "Like" button on this thing?
      >
      > I "Like" this post by Rev. Ferrell.
      >
      > ;^)
      >
      > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Glenn Ferrell
      jglennferrell@ wrote:

      > > I suspect people are more active on Facebook and other forums today
      than listservers like this one. To imply one has an obligation to post
      or respond on this or any group is to make an internet forum an
      ordinance or means of grace. The church is where one has an obligation
      to encourage fellow believers.

      > > Eric: Why not tell us something about yourself and your concerns.
      People here may then offer some encouragement and help.

      > > Glenn
      > >

      > > J. Glenn Ferrell, Minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, about to
      be "translated" to San Francisco.

      > > To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
      > > From: ragingcalvinist@
      > > Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 14:40:20 +0000
      > > Subject: Re: [Covenanted Reformation] AROSE A G A I N =
      PREDESTINATION!!!

      > > Jack,
      > >
      > > I just now placed him on moderation, and deleted his last 4 messages
      (all identical, all nonsensical, all accusatory in some way).

      > > I don't know him, and I imagine I only understand a small percentage
      of what he's attempting to communicate.

      > > I'm sorry this group is so quiet, but silence is better than
      nonsense.

      > > gmw.
      > >
      > > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Jasper
      <jasperh98@> wrote:

      > > > Jerry,
      > > >
      > > > Regarding this person "Eric", apparently some members here know
      him and even
      > > > understand his incoherent ramblings. I do not know him or
      understand much of
      > > > what he posts; but I do understand that he just stated that some
      of us are
      > > > abominable and sinful for being "quiet at the listserver". I
      am not edified by
      > > > his posts and I find this latest post to be quite annoying.Â
      Am I missing
      > > > something here that prevents me from receiving this some better
      way?

      > > > Jack
      > > >

      > > > ________________________________
      PREDESTINATION!!!

      > > > Howdy,
      > > > John Calvin ---
      > > > "Christ in rising again..."
      > > > AGAIN?!?!?!
      > > > Does the original language declare that
      > > > as it is understood in the English,
      > > > or is that a figure a speech???
      > > > The abominable Reformed "Christians" are sinfully quiet at the
      listserver;
      > > > wish sombody would answer that though.............
      > > > If only thee elect angels could speak...
      > > > That if Again is declared how you understand that word,
      > > > a truly amazing reality is written there about
      > > > P R E D E S T I N A T I O N!!!
      > > > That He died before the foundation of thee world, spirituallly,
      > > > where He agreed///saluted to be our Saviour;
      > > > than He did thee same, really, on Thee Cross!!!
      > > > Sincerely, Eric

      Boliver Allmon III
      Chaplain Candidate
      US Army
      Q. 1. What is the chief end of man?
      A. Man’s chief end is to glorify God, and to enjoy him forever.

      www.cepc.org
    • Jeff Yelton
      Message 2 of 22 , Nov 1, 2010
        I know First OPC SF well. I candidated there. Yes, Glenn Ferrell is going there (if he's not there already). And yes, Chuck McIlhenny (sp?) was there. I think the latter lives in southern CA, and may be out of the pastoral ministry, though I am not sure.

        They sing the psalms exclusively at First OP SF, without musical instruments. A nice bunch of folks.

        Jeff

        > It was a good answer by "J. Glenn Ferrell, Minister of the Gospel of
        > Jesus Christ, about to be "translated" to San Francisco."
        >
        > My question would be, where in SF?
        >
        > First OPC of SF which was a psalm singing congregation?
        > Former pastor Chuck McIllhenny left I don't know when and went where?
        >
        > Anybody know?

        I don't know anything about Pastor McIlhenny, nut that is where Pastor
        Ferrell is now.
        I know SF 1st OPC has been vacant for a while.

        --
        Larry Bump (but it's at the top of the message beside "From:")

      • Glenn Ferrell
        Message 3 of 22 , Nov 1, 2010
          I'm now resident in the manse of First OPC in San Francisco, on the west side of the city, 1350 Lawton Street.  This was the congregation served by Charles McIlhenny for 32 years.  He is now a hospital chaplain in Southern California.  During Mr. McIlhenny's pastorate, First OPC did become an a capella Exclusive Psalmody congregation.  They remain so.  One of the reasons their pulpit was vacant for five years was the difficulty of finding a man who shared their views and could articulate them.  The Lord willing, I will be installed as Pastor this coming Friday, November 5th, at 7:30 PM.

          Glenn

          J. Glenn Ferrell, Pastor-elect of First Orthodox Presbyterian Church in San Francisco.

          To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
          From: bsuden@...
          Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 22:14:20 +0000

          It was a good answer by "J. Glenn Ferrell, Minister of the Gospel of
          Jesus Christ, about to be "translated" to San Francisco."

          My question would be, where in SF?

          First OPC of SF which was a psalm singing congregation?
          Former pastor Chuck McIllhenny left I don't know when and went where?

          Anybody know?

          "PuritanoPresbiteriano" <puritanpresbyterian@...> wrote:

          > Hey, where's the "Like" button on this thing?
          >
          > I "Like" this post by Rev. Ferrell.
          >
          > ;^)
          >
          > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Glenn Ferrell
          jglennferrell@ wrote:

          > > I suspect people are more active on Facebook and other forums today
          than listservers like this one. To imply one has an obligation to post
          or respond on this or any group is to make an internet forum an
          ordinance or means of grace. The church is where one has an obligation
          to encourage fellow believers.

          > > Eric: Why not tell us something about yourself and your concerns.
          People here may then offer some encouragement and help.

          > > Glenn
          > >

          > > J. Glenn Ferrell, Minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, about to
          be "translated" to San Francisco.

          > > To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
          > > From: ragingcalvinist@
          > > Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 14:40:20 +0000
          > > Subject: Re: [Covenanted Reformation] AROSE A G A I N =
          PREDESTINATION!!!

          > > Jack,
          > >
          > > I just now placed him on moderation, and deleted his last 4 messages
          (all identical, all nonsensical, all accusatory in some way).

          > > I don't know him, and I imagine I only understand a small percentage
          of what he's attempting to communicate.

          > > I'm sorry this group is so quiet, but silence is better than
          nonsense.

          > > gmw.
          > >
          > > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Jasper
          <jasperh98@> wrote:

          > > > Jerry,
          > > >
          > > > Regarding this person "Eric", apparently some members here know
          him and even
          > > > understand his incoherent ramblings. I do not know him or
          understand much of
          > > > what he posts; but I do understand that he just stated that some
          of us are
          > > > abominable and sinful for being "quiet at the listserver". I
          am not edified by
          > > > his posts and I find this latest post to be quite annoying.Â
          Am I missing
          > > > something here that prevents me from receiving this some better
          way?

          > > > Jack
          > > >

          > > > ________________________________

        • bob_suden
          Message 4 of 22 , Nov 7, 2010
            Thanks Glenn et al, for clarifying this.
            I used to have family in SF and still do in Beserkley and Portola
            Valley. Haven't dropped into First for years. Chuck and the elders at
            one time were working with a mission outreach in Fremont/S. Bay, so I
            kind of wondered if he had gone there. Hadn't heard that he moved to
            LA. Since Chuck and the church also took some real heat from the modern
            day descendants of a certain Biblical city, as well as holding to the
            historic presbyterian position on worship in both principle and
            <i>practice</i> (I heard GI. Williamson at First's '96 conference on
            worship), one can understand the vacancy, but five years is still a
            long time. I imagine there was a lot of candidating, pulpit supply from
            presbytery and taped sermons. Good on First for holding out.

            The Lord's best to the new pastor and congregation.
            Bob S.

            <jglennferrell@...> wrote:

            > I'm now resident in the manse of First OPC in San Francisco, on the
            west side of the city, 1350 Lawton Street. This was the congregation
            served by Charles McIlhenny for 32 years. He is now a hospital chaplain
            in Southern California. During Mr. McIlhenny's pastorate, First OPC did
            become an a capella Exclusive Psalmody congregation. They remain so.
            One of the reasons their pulpit was vacant for five years was the
            difficulty of finding a man who shared their views and could articulate
            them. The Lord willing, I will be installed as Pastor this coming
            Friday, November 5th, at 7:30 PM.

            > Glenn
            >

            > J. Glenn Ferrell, Pastor-elect of First Orthodox Presbyterian Church
            in San Francisco.

            > To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
            > From: bsuden@...
            > Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 22:14:20 +0000
            > Subject: Re: [Covenanted Reformation] AROSE A G A I N =
            PREDESTINATION!!!

            > It was a good answer by "J. Glenn Ferrell, Minister of the Gospel of
            > Jesus Christ, about to be "translated" to San Francisco."
            >
            > My question would be, where in SF?
            >
            > First OPC of SF which was a psalm singing congregation?
            > Former pastor Chuck McIllhenny left I don't know when and went where?
            >
            > Anybody know?

            > "PuritanoPresbiteriano" puritanpresbyterian@ wrote:
            > >
            > > Hey, where's the "Like" button on this thing?
            > >
            > > I "Like" this post by Rev. Ferrell.
            > >
            > > ;^)
            > >
            > > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Glenn Ferrell
            > jglennferrell@ wrote:
            > > >

            > > > I suspect people are more active on Facebook and other forums
            today
            > than listservers like this one. To imply one has an obligation to post
            > or respond on this or any group is to make an internet forum an
            > ordinance or means of grace. The church is where one has an obligation
            > to encourage fellow believers.
            > > >
            > > > Eric: Why not tell us something about yourself and your concerns.
            > People here may then offer some encouragement and help.
            > > >
            > > > Glenn
            > > >

            > > > J. Glenn Ferrell, Minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, about to
            > be "translated" to San Francisco.

          • Larry Bump
            Message 5 of 22 , Nov 7, 2010
              Pator Ferrell;

              Tell Michelle Majauskas we miss her and love her.

              Message 6 of 22 , Nov 7, 2010
                Installation was Friday evening.  It was a wonderful gathering with folk from probably eight or more congregations.  Good food and fellowship, with sermon and charges to new pastor and congregation.  Bob Needham, in his sermon at the installation service, noted that the building of First OPC SF was probably the only OP congregation anywhere ever to come under actual physical attack. His message was on our warrior Savior.

                Today, preached first two sermons as pastor of FOPCSF.

                Glenn

                J. Glenn Ferrell, Pastor, First Orthodox Presbyterian Church of San Francisco.

                To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
                From: bsuden@...
                Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 18:18:30 +0000

                Message 7 of 22 , Nov 7, 2010
                  Larry:

                  Will do so.  Michelle and her family just left here about an hour ago.  Wonderful folk.

                  Glenn

                  J. Glenn Ferrell, Pastor, First Orthodox Presbyterian Church of San Francisco.

                  > To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
                  > From: lbump@...
                  > Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 17:55:28 -0500
                  > Subject: Re: [Covenanted Reformation] AROSE A G A I N = PREDESTINATION!!!
                  >
                  > Pator Ferrell;
                  >
                  > Tell Michelle Majauskas we miss her and love her.
                  >
                  > --
                  > Larry Bump (but it's at the top of the message beside "From:")

                  > <*> Your email settings:
                  > Individual Email | Traditional
                  >
                  > <*> To change settings online go to:
                  > (Yahoo! ID required)
                  >
                  > <*> To change settings via email:
                  > covenantedreformationclub-digest@yahoogroups.com
                  > covenantedreformationclub-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                  > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                • Larry Bump
                  Message 8 of 22 , Nov 7, 2010
                    On 11/8/2010 12:26 AM, Glenn Ferrell wrote:
                    Larry:

                    Will do so.  Michelle and her family just left here about an hour ago.  Wonderful folk.

                    Glenn

                    I have only ever met a sister, but yes, delightful people.
                    Message 9 of 22 , Nov 7, 2010
                      There are three girls (and a son), all unmarried, but these women would make wonderful Christian wives for some godly young man.  Any takers out there?  Sometimes wish I had a few more unmarried sons to help start new covenant families. But, mine are taken.

                      To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com

                      Message 10 of 22 , Nov 7, 2010
                        On 11/8/2010 1:16 AM, Glenn Ferrell wrote:
                        There are three girls (and a son), all unmarried, but these women would make wonderful Christian wives for some godly young man.  Any takers out there?  Sometimes wish I had a few more unmarried sons to help start new covenant families. But, mine are taken.

                        My boys are 19 and 14; I don't think they match up with any of them.
                        Message 11 of 22 , Nov 8, 2010
                          Raise them up right so they will make good husbands for godly Christian women someday.  Not enough good men to go around.

                          To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com

                          Message 12 of 22 , Nov 9, 2010
                            Congratulations & may God bless your ministry...

                            Kris D. Jones Dewi_Sant1@...

                            To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
                            From: jglennferrell@...
                            Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 10:38:24 -0600