Re: [Covenanted Reformation] AROSE A G A I N = PREDESTINATION!!!

  • PuritanoPresbiteriano
    Message 1 of 22 , Oct 22, 2010
      Hey, where's the "Like" button on this thing?

      I "Like" this post by Rev. Ferrell.

      ;^)

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Glenn Ferrell <jglennferrell@...> wrote:

      > I suspect people are more active on Facebook and other forums today than listservers like this one. To imply one has an obligation to post or respond on this or any group is to make an internet forum an ordinance or means of grace. The church is where one has an obligation to encourage fellow believers.
      >
      > Eric: Why not tell us something about yourself and your concerns. People here may then offer some encouragement and help.
      >
      > Glenn
      >

      > J. Glenn Ferrell, Minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, about to be "translated" to San Francisco.
      >

      > To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
      > From: ragingcalvinist@...
      > Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 14:40:20 +0000
      > Subject: Re: [Covenanted Reformation] AROSE A G A I N = PREDESTINATION!!!
      >

      > Jack,
      >
      > I just now placed him on moderation, and deleted his last 4 messages (all identical, all nonsensical, all accusatory in some way).
      >
      > I don't know him, and I imagine I only understand a small percentage of what he's attempting to communicate.
      >
      > I'm sorry this group is so quiet, but silence is better than nonsense.
      >
      > gmw.
      >
      > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Jasper <jasperh98@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Jerry,
      > >
      > > Regarding this person "Eric", apparently some members here know him and even
      > > understand his incoherent ramblings. I do not know him or understand much of
      > > what he posts; but I do understand that he just stated that some of us are
      > > abominable and sinful for being "quiet at the listserver". I am not edified by
      > > his posts and I find this latest post to be quite annoying. Am I missing
      > > something here that prevents me from receiving this some better way?
      > >
      > > Jack
      > >

      > > ________________________________

    • bob_suden
      Message 2 of 22 , Oct 31, 2010
        It was a good answer by "J. Glenn Ferrell, Minister of the Gospel of
        Jesus Christ, about to be "translated" to San Francisco."

        My question would be, where in SF?

        First OPC of SF which was a psalm singing congregation?
        Former pastor Chuck McIllhenny left I don't know when and went where?

        Anybody know?

        "PuritanoPresbiteriano" <puritanpresbyterian@...> wrote:

        > Hey, where's the "Like" button on this thing?
        >
        > I "Like" this post by Rev. Ferrell.
        >
        > ;^)
        >
        > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Glenn Ferrell
        jglennferrell@ wrote:

        > > I suspect people are more active on Facebook and other forums today
        than listservers like this one. To imply one has an obligation to post
        or respond on this or any group is to make an internet forum an
        ordinance or means of grace. The church is where one has an obligation
        to encourage fellow believers.

        > > Eric: Why not tell us something about yourself and your concerns.
        People here may then offer some encouragement and help.

        > > Glenn
        > >

        > > J. Glenn Ferrell, Minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, about to
        be "translated" to San Francisco.

        > > To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
        > > From: ragingcalvinist@
        > > Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 14:40:20 +0000
        > > Subject: Re: [Covenanted Reformation] AROSE A G A I N =
        PREDESTINATION!!!

        > > Jack,
        > >
        > > I just now placed him on moderation, and deleted his last 4 messages
        (all identical, all nonsensical, all accusatory in some way).

        > > I don't know him, and I imagine I only understand a small percentage
        of what he's attempting to communicate.

        > > I'm sorry this group is so quiet, but silence is better than
        nonsense.

        > > gmw.
        > >
        > > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Jasper
        <jasperh98@> wrote:

        > > > Jerry,
        > > >
        > > > Regarding this person "Eric", apparently some members here know
        him and even
        > > > understand his incoherent ramblings. I do not know him or
        understand much of
        > > > what he posts; but I do understand that he just stated that some
        of us are
        > > > abominable and sinful for being "quiet at the listserver". I
        am not edified by
        > > > his posts and I find this latest post to be quite annoying.Â
        Am I missing
        > > > something here that prevents me from receiving this some better
        way?

        > > > Jack
        > > >

        > > > ________________________________

      • boliver allmon
        Message 3 of 22 , Oct 31, 2010
          Pastor Ferrell is taking over at First OPC in SF.

          On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 5:14 PM, bob_suden <bsuden@...> wrote:

          It was a good answer by "J. Glenn Ferrell, Minister of the Gospel of

          Jesus Christ, about to be "translated" to San Francisco."

          My question would be, where in SF?

          First OPC of SF which was a psalm singing congregation?
          Former pastor Chuck McIllhenny left I don't know when and went where?

          Anybody know?

          "PuritanoPresbiteriano" <puritanpresbyterian@...> wrote:

          > Hey, where's the "Like" button on this thing?
          >
          > I "Like" this post by Rev. Ferrell.
          >
          > ;^)
          >
          > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Glenn Ferrell
          jglennferrell@ wrote:

          > > I suspect people are more active on Facebook and other forums today
          than listservers like this one. To imply one has an obligation to post
          or respond on this or any group is to make an internet forum an
          ordinance or means of grace. The church is where one has an obligation
          to encourage fellow believers.

          > > Eric: Why not tell us something about yourself and your concerns.
          People here may then offer some encouragement and help.

          > > Glenn
          > >

          > > J. Glenn Ferrell, Minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, about to
          be "translated" to San Francisco.

          > > To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
          > > From: ragingcalvinist@
          > > Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 14:40:20 +0000
          > > Subject: Re: [Covenanted Reformation] AROSE A G A I N =
          PREDESTINATION!!!

          > > Jack,
          > >
          > > I just now placed him on moderation, and deleted his last 4 messages
          (all identical, all nonsensical, all accusatory in some way).

          > > I don't know him, and I imagine I only understand a small percentage
          of what he's attempting to communicate.

          > > I'm sorry this group is so quiet, but silence is better than
          nonsense.

          > > gmw.
          > >
          > > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Jasper
          <jasperh98@> wrote:

          > > > Jerry,
          > > >
          > > > Regarding this person "Eric", apparently some members here know
          him and even
          > > > understand his incoherent ramblings. I do not know him or
          understand much of
          > > > what he posts; but I do understand that he just stated that some
          of us are
          > > > abominable and sinful for being "quiet at the listserver". I
          am not edified by
          > > > his posts and I find this latest post to be quite annoying.Â
          Am I missing
          > > > something here that prevents me from receiving this some better
          way?

          > > > Jack
          > > >

          > > > ________________________________

          Boliver Allmon III
          Chaplain Candidate
          US Army
          Q. 1. What is the chief end of man?
          A. Man’s chief end is to glorify God, and to enjoy him forever.

          www.cepc.org
        • Larry Bump
          Message 4 of 22 , Oct 31, 2010
            On 10/31/2010 6:14 PM, bob_suden wrote:
            > It was a good answer by "J. Glenn Ferrell, Minister of the Gospel of
            > Jesus Christ, about to be "translated" to San Francisco."
            >
            > My question would be, where in SF?
            >
            > First OPC of SF which was a psalm singing congregation?
            > Former pastor Chuck McIllhenny left I don't know when and went where?
            >
            > Anybody know?

            I don't know anything about Pastor McIlhenny, nut that is where Pastor
            Ferrell is now.
            I know SF 1st OPC has been vacant for a while.

            --
            Larry Bump (but it's at the top of the message beside "From:")
          • Jeff Yelton
            Message 5 of 22 , Nov 1, 2010
              I know First OPC SF well. I candidated there. Yes, Glenn Ferrell is going there (if he's not there already). And yes, Chuck McIlhenny (sp?) was there. I think the latter lives in southern CA, and may be out of the pastoral ministry, though I am not sure.

              They sing the psalms exclusively at First OP SF, without musical instruments. A nice bunch of folks.

              Jeff

              > It was a good answer by "J. Glenn Ferrell, Minister of the Gospel of
              > Jesus Christ, about to be "translated" to San Francisco."
              >
              > My question would be, where in SF?
              >
              > First OPC of SF which was a psalm singing congregation?
              > Former pastor Chuck McIllhenny left I don't know when and went where?
              >
              > Anybody know?

              I don't know anything about Pastor McIlhenny, nut that is where Pastor
              Ferrell is now.
              I know SF 1st OPC has been vacant for a while.

              --
              Larry Bump (but it's at the top of the message beside "From:")

            • Glenn Ferrell
              Message 6 of 22 , Nov 1, 2010
                I'm now resident in the manse of First OPC in San Francisco, on the west side of the city, 1350 Lawton Street.  This was the congregation served by Charles McIlhenny for 32 years.  He is now a hospital chaplain in Southern California.  During Mr. McIlhenny's pastorate, First OPC did become an a capella Exclusive Psalmody congregation.  They remain so.  One of the reasons their pulpit was vacant for five years was the difficulty of finding a man who shared their views and could articulate them.  The Lord willing, I will be installed as Pastor this coming Friday, November 5th, at 7:30 PM.

                Glenn

                J. Glenn Ferrell, Pastor-elect of First Orthodox Presbyterian Church in San Francisco.

                To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
                From: bsuden@...
                Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 22:14:20 +0000

                It was a good answer by "J. Glenn Ferrell, Minister of the Gospel of
                Jesus Christ, about to be "translated" to San Francisco."

                My question would be, where in SF?

                First OPC of SF which was a psalm singing congregation?
                Former pastor Chuck McIllhenny left I don't know when and went where?

                Anybody know?

                "PuritanoPresbiteriano" <puritanpresbyterian@...> wrote:

                > Hey, where's the "Like" button on this thing?
                >
                > I "Like" this post by Rev. Ferrell.
                >
                > ;^)
                >
                > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Glenn Ferrell
                jglennferrell@ wrote:

                > > I suspect people are more active on Facebook and other forums today
                than listservers like this one. To imply one has an obligation to post
                or respond on this or any group is to make an internet forum an
                ordinance or means of grace. The church is where one has an obligation
                to encourage fellow believers.

                > > Eric: Why not tell us something about yourself and your concerns.
                People here may then offer some encouragement and help.

                > > Glenn
                > >

                > > J. Glenn Ferrell, Minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, about to
                be "translated" to San Francisco.

                > > To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
                > > From: ragingcalvinist@
                > > Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 14:40:20 +0000
                > > Subject: Re: [Covenanted Reformation] AROSE A G A I N =
                PREDESTINATION!!!

                > > Jack,
                > >
                > > I just now placed him on moderation, and deleted his last 4 messages
                (all identical, all nonsensical, all accusatory in some way).

                > > I don't know him, and I imagine I only understand a small percentage
                of what he's attempting to communicate.

                > > I'm sorry this group is so quiet, but silence is better than
                nonsense.

                > > gmw.
                > >
                > > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Jasper
                <jasperh98@> wrote:

                > > > Jerry,
                > > >
                > > > Regarding this person "Eric", apparently some members here know
                him and even
                > > > understand his incoherent ramblings. I do not know him or
                understand much of
                > > > what he posts; but I do understand that he just stated that some
                of us are
                > > > abominable and sinful for being "quiet at the listserver". I
                am not edified by
                > > > his posts and I find this latest post to be quite annoying.Â
                Am I missing
                > > > something here that prevents me from receiving this some better
                way?

                > > > Jack
                > > >

                > > > ________________________________

              • bob_suden
                Message 7 of 22 , Nov 7, 2010
                  Thanks Glenn et al, for clarifying this.
                  I used to have family in SF and still do in Beserkley and Portola
                  Valley. Haven't dropped into First for years. Chuck and the elders at
                  one time were working with a mission outreach in Fremont/S. Bay, so I
                  kind of wondered if he had gone there. Hadn't heard that he moved to
                  LA. Since Chuck and the church also took some real heat from the modern
                  day descendants of a certain Biblical city, as well as holding to the
                  historic presbyterian position on worship in both principle and
                  <i>practice</i> (I heard GI. Williamson at First's '96 conference on
                  worship), one can understand the vacancy, but five years is still a
                  long time. I imagine there was a lot of candidating, pulpit supply from
                  presbytery and taped sermons. Good on First for holding out.

                  The Lord's best to the new pastor and congregation.
                  Bob S.

                  Message 8 of 22 , Nov 7, 2010
                    Pator Ferrell;

                    Tell Michelle Majauskas we miss her and love her.

                    Message 9 of 22 , Nov 7, 2010
                      Installation was Friday evening.  It was a wonderful gathering with folk from probably eight or more congregations.  Good food and fellowship, with sermon and charges to new pastor and congregation.  Bob Needham, in his sermon at the installation service, noted that the building of First OPC SF was probably the only OP congregation anywhere ever to come under actual physical attack. His message was on our warrior Savior.

                      Today, preached first two sermons as pastor of FOPCSF.

                      Glenn

                      J. Glenn Ferrell, Pastor, First Orthodox Presbyterian Church of San Francisco.

                      To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
                      From: bsuden@...
                      Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 18:18:30 +0000

                      Message 10 of 22 , Nov 7, 2010
                        Larry:

                        Will do so.  Michelle and her family just left here about an hour ago.  Wonderful folk.

                        Glenn

                        J. Glenn Ferrell, Pastor, First Orthodox Presbyterian Church of San Francisco.

                        > To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
                        > From: lbump@...
                        > Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 17:55:28 -0500
                        > Subject: Re: [Covenanted Reformation] AROSE A G A I N = PREDESTINATION!!!
                        >
                        > Pator Ferrell;
                        >
                        > Tell Michelle Majauskas we miss her and love her.
                        >
                        > --
                        > Larry Bump (but it's at the top of the message beside "From:")

                        > <*> Your email settings:
                        > Individual Email | Traditional
                        >
                        > <*> To change settings online go to:
                        > (Yahoo! ID required)
                        >
                        > <*> To change settings via email:
                        > covenantedreformationclub-digest@yahoogroups.com
                        > covenantedreformationclub-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                      • Larry Bump
                        Message 11 of 22 , Nov 7, 2010
                          On 11/8/2010 12:26 AM, Glenn Ferrell wrote:
                          Larry:

                          Will do so.  Michelle and her family just left here about an hour ago.  Wonderful folk.

                          Glenn

                          I have only ever met a sister, but yes, delightful people.
                          Message 12 of 22 , Nov 7, 2010
                            There are three girls (and a son), all unmarried, but these women would make wonderful Christian wives for some godly young man.  Any takers out there?  Sometimes wish I had a few more unmarried sons to help start new covenant families. But, mine are taken.

                            To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com

                            Message 13 of 22 , Nov 7, 2010
                              On 11/8/2010 1:16 AM, Glenn Ferrell wrote:
                              There are three girls (and a son), all unmarried, but these women would make wonderful Christian wives for some godly young man.  Any takers out there?  Sometimes wish I had a few more unmarried sons to help start new covenant families. But, mine are taken.

                              My boys are 19 and 14; I don't think they match up with any of them.
                              Message 14 of 22 , Nov 8, 2010
                                Raise them up right so they will make good husbands for godly Christian women someday.  Not enough good men to go around.

                                To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com

                                Message 15 of 22 , Nov 9, 2010
                                  Congratulations & may God bless your ministry...

                                  Kris D. Jones Dewi_Sant1@...

                                  To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
                                  From: jglennferrell@...
                                  Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 10:38:24 -0600