Re: [Covenanted Reformation] AROSE A G A I N = PREDESTINATION!!! Thanks, Indeed, Sir

  • EHJ
    Message 1 of 22 , Oct 15, 2010

      Sir,

      Thanks for acknowledging this fellow as a human being
      and a true christian; blessings to you just for that.

      I am alive for no other purpose than wanting
      King Jesus, Glorified...

      I have a huge responsibility from Above...

      I was a Hebrew before repenting at Thee Cross........

      Have spent years, Providentially, reading and researching;
      that has been mission accomplished;
      will have writings, soon to be finished;
      that will turn the world upside down!!!

      Nobody had ever said they are "confused" with things typed
      by this Chrstian soldier;
      have sent writings, for years, to old and new world;
      they loved and understood what was said...

      What could possibly be "nonsense" about sending things
      to the listserver that is Jesus Christ glorifying???

      Had not a notion about "ordinance" about folk sending
      things; but something other than nothing would be proper...

      Please say what other forums there are???

      Been spending beautiful time with dad, when he visits,
      reading the Bible with him;
      that started a number of months ago;
      that would not have been possible a decade ago...
      Let him know as often as possible that
      Jesus Christ is Thee Messiah;
      he has actually said that to a few folk;
      he has not repented, yet;
      please pray for him.............

      A true church would be where John Knox would worship;
      true Christians are not out in the wilderness for nothing...
      O, so much want to worship Thee Saviour,
      Jesus Christ and be a blessing to His folk!!!

      I am a true elect Christian...

      Sincerely, Eric

      From: ragingcalvinist@...
      Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 14:40:20 +0000

      Jack,

      I just now placed him on moderation, and deleted his last 4 messages (all identical, all nonsensical, all accusatory in some way).

      I don't know him, and I imagine I only understand a small percentage of what he's attempting to communicate.

      I'm sorry this group is so quiet, but silence is better than nonsense.

      gmw.

    • jglennferrell@msn.com
      Message 2 of 22 , Oct 15, 2010
        Eric:

        Where do you live? Do you have a church?

        Glenn

        From: "EHJ" <GODANDCOUNTRY@...>
        Sender: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 17:33:44 +0100
        To: <covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: Re: [Covenanted Reformation] AROSE A G A I N = PREDESTINATION!!! Thanks, Indeed, Sir

        From: ragingcalvinist@...
        Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 14:40:20 +0000

        Jack,

        I just now placed him on moderation, and deleted his last 4 messages (all identical, all nonsensical, all accusatory in some way).

        I don't know him, and I imagine I only understand a small percentage of what he's attempting to communicate.

        I'm sorry this group is so quiet, but silence is better than nonsense.

        gmw.

        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Jasper <jasperh98@...> wrote:

        > Jerry,
        >
        > Regarding this person "Eric", apparently some members here know him and even
        > understand his incoherent ramblings.  I do not know him or understand much of
        > what he posts; but I do understand that he just stated that some of us are
        > abominable and sinful for being "quiet at the listserver".  I am not edified by
        > his posts and I find this latest post to be quite annoying.  Am I missing
        > something here that prevents me from receiving this some better way?
        >
        > Jack
        >

        > ________________________________

      • PuritanoPresbiteriano
        Message 3 of 22 , Oct 22, 2010
          Hey, where's the "Like" button on this thing?

          I "Like" this post by Rev. Ferrell.

          ;^)

          --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Glenn Ferrell <jglennferrell@...> wrote:

          > I suspect people are more active on Facebook and other forums today than listservers like this one. To imply one has an obligation to post or respond on this or any group is to make an internet forum an ordinance or means of grace. The church is where one has an obligation to encourage fellow believers.
          >
          > Eric: Why not tell us something about yourself and your concerns. People here may then offer some encouragement and help.
          >
          > Glenn
          >

          > J. Glenn Ferrell, Minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, about to be "translated" to San Francisco.
          >

          > To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
          > From: ragingcalvinist@...
          > Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 14:40:20 +0000
          > Subject: Re: [Covenanted Reformation] AROSE A G A I N = PREDESTINATION!!!
          >

          > Jack,
          >
          > I just now placed him on moderation, and deleted his last 4 messages (all identical, all nonsensical, all accusatory in some way).
          >
          > I don't know him, and I imagine I only understand a small percentage of what he's attempting to communicate.
          >
          > I'm sorry this group is so quiet, but silence is better than nonsense.
          >
          > gmw.
          >
          > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Jasper <jasperh98@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Jerry,
          > >
          > > Regarding this person "Eric", apparently some members here know him and even
          > > understand his incoherent ramblings. I do not know him or understand much of
          > > what he posts; but I do understand that he just stated that some of us are
          > > abominable and sinful for being "quiet at the listserver". I am not edified by
          > > his posts and I find this latest post to be quite annoying. Am I missing
          > > something here that prevents me from receiving this some better way?
          > >
          > > Jack
          > >

          > > ________________________________

        • bob_suden
          Message 4 of 22 , Oct 31, 2010
            It was a good answer by "J. Glenn Ferrell, Minister of the Gospel of
            Jesus Christ, about to be "translated" to San Francisco."

            My question would be, where in SF?

            First OPC of SF which was a psalm singing congregation?
            Former pastor Chuck McIllhenny left I don't know when and went where?

            Anybody know?

            "PuritanoPresbiteriano" <puritanpresbyterian@...> wrote:

            > Hey, where's the "Like" button on this thing?
            >
            > I "Like" this post by Rev. Ferrell.
            >
            > ;^)
            >
            > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Glenn Ferrell
            jglennferrell@ wrote:

            > > I suspect people are more active on Facebook and other forums today
            than listservers like this one. To imply one has an obligation to post
            or respond on this or any group is to make an internet forum an
            ordinance or means of grace. The church is where one has an obligation
            to encourage fellow believers.

            > > Eric: Why not tell us something about yourself and your concerns.
            People here may then offer some encouragement and help.

            > > Glenn
            > >

            > > J. Glenn Ferrell, Minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, about to
            be "translated" to San Francisco.

            > > To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
            > > From: ragingcalvinist@
            > > Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 14:40:20 +0000
            > > Subject: Re: [Covenanted Reformation] AROSE A G A I N =
            PREDESTINATION!!!

            > > Jack,
            > >
            > > I just now placed him on moderation, and deleted his last 4 messages
            (all identical, all nonsensical, all accusatory in some way).

            > > I don't know him, and I imagine I only understand a small percentage
            of what he's attempting to communicate.

            > > I'm sorry this group is so quiet, but silence is better than
            nonsense.

            > > gmw.
            > >
            > > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Jasper
            <jasperh98@> wrote:

            > > > Jerry,
            > > >
            > > > Regarding this person "Eric", apparently some members here know
            him and even
            > > > understand his incoherent ramblings. I do not know him or
            understand much of
            > > > what he posts; but I do understand that he just stated that some
            of us are
            > > > abominable and sinful for being "quiet at the listserver". I
            am not edified by
            > > > his posts and I find this latest post to be quite annoying.Â
            Am I missing
            > > > something here that prevents me from receiving this some better
            way?

            > > > Jack
            > > >

            > > > ________________________________

          • boliver allmon
            Message 5 of 22 , Oct 31, 2010
              Pastor Ferrell is taking over at First OPC in SF.

              On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 5:14 PM, bob_suden <bsuden@...> wrote:

              It was a good answer by "J. Glenn Ferrell, Minister of the Gospel of

              Jesus Christ, about to be "translated" to San Francisco."

              My question would be, where in SF?

              First OPC of SF which was a psalm singing congregation?
              Former pastor Chuck McIllhenny left I don't know when and went where?

              Anybody know?

              "PuritanoPresbiteriano" <puritanpresbyterian@...> wrote:

              > Hey, where's the "Like" button on this thing?
              >
              > I "Like" this post by Rev. Ferrell.
              >
              > ;^)
              >
              > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Glenn Ferrell
              jglennferrell@ wrote:

              > > I suspect people are more active on Facebook and other forums today
              than listservers like this one. To imply one has an obligation to post
              or respond on this or any group is to make an internet forum an
              ordinance or means of grace. The church is where one has an obligation
              to encourage fellow believers.

              > > Eric: Why not tell us something about yourself and your concerns.
              People here may then offer some encouragement and help.

              > > Glenn
              > >

              > > J. Glenn Ferrell, Minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, about to
              be "translated" to San Francisco.

              > > To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
              > > From: ragingcalvinist@
              > > Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 14:40:20 +0000
              > > Subject: Re: [Covenanted Reformation] AROSE A G A I N =
              PREDESTINATION!!!

              > > Jack,
              > >
              > > I just now placed him on moderation, and deleted his last 4 messages
              (all identical, all nonsensical, all accusatory in some way).

              > > I don't know him, and I imagine I only understand a small percentage
              of what he's attempting to communicate.

              > > I'm sorry this group is so quiet, but silence is better than
              nonsense.

              > > gmw.
              > >
              > > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Jasper
              <jasperh98@> wrote:

              > > > Jerry,
              > > >
              > > > Regarding this person "Eric", apparently some members here know
              him and even
              > > > understand his incoherent ramblings. I do not know him or
              understand much of
              > > > what he posts; but I do understand that he just stated that some
              of us are
              > > > abominable and sinful for being "quiet at the listserver". I
              am not edified by
              > > > his posts and I find this latest post to be quite annoying.Â
              Am I missing
              > > > something here that prevents me from receiving this some better
              way?

              > > > Jack
              > > >

              > > > ________________________________

              Boliver Allmon III
              Chaplain Candidate
              US Army
              Q. 1. What is the chief end of man?
              A. Man’s chief end is to glorify God, and to enjoy him forever.

              www.cepc.org
            • Larry Bump
              Message 6 of 22 , Oct 31, 2010
                On 10/31/2010 6:14 PM, bob_suden wrote:
                > It was a good answer by "J. Glenn Ferrell, Minister of the Gospel of
                > Jesus Christ, about to be "translated" to San Francisco."
                >
                > My question would be, where in SF?
                >
                > First OPC of SF which was a psalm singing congregation?
                > Former pastor Chuck McIllhenny left I don't know when and went where?
                >
                > Anybody know?

                I don't know anything about Pastor McIlhenny, nut that is where Pastor
                Ferrell is now.
                I know SF 1st OPC has been vacant for a while.

                --
                Larry Bump (but it's at the top of the message beside "From:")
              • Jeff Yelton
                Message 7 of 22 , Nov 1, 2010
                  I know First OPC SF well. I candidated there. Yes, Glenn Ferrell is going there (if he's not there already). And yes, Chuck McIlhenny (sp?) was there. I think the latter lives in southern CA, and may be out of the pastoral ministry, though I am not sure.

                  They sing the psalms exclusively at First OP SF, without musical instruments. A nice bunch of folks.

                  Jeff

                  > It was a good answer by "J. Glenn Ferrell, Minister of the Gospel of
                  > Jesus Christ, about to be "translated" to San Francisco."
                  >
                  > My question would be, where in SF?
                  >
                  > First OPC of SF which was a psalm singing congregation?
                  > Former pastor Chuck McIllhenny left I don't know when and went where?
                  >
                  > Anybody know?

                  I don't know anything about Pastor McIlhenny, nut that is where Pastor
                  Ferrell is now.
                  I know SF 1st OPC has been vacant for a while.

                  --
                  Larry Bump (but it's at the top of the message beside "From:")

                • Glenn Ferrell
                  Message 8 of 22 , Nov 1, 2010
                    I'm now resident in the manse of First OPC in San Francisco, on the west side of the city, 1350 Lawton Street.  This was the congregation served by Charles McIlhenny for 32 years.  He is now a hospital chaplain in Southern California.  During Mr. McIlhenny's pastorate, First OPC did become an a capella Exclusive Psalmody congregation.  They remain so.  One of the reasons their pulpit was vacant for five years was the difficulty of finding a man who shared their views and could articulate them.  The Lord willing, I will be installed as Pastor this coming Friday, November 5th, at 7:30 PM.

                    Glenn

                    J. Glenn Ferrell, Pastor-elect of First Orthodox Presbyterian Church in San Francisco.

                    To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
                    From: bsuden@...
                    Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 22:14:20 +0000

                    It was a good answer by "J. Glenn Ferrell, Minister of the Gospel of
                    Jesus Christ, about to be "translated" to San Francisco."

                    My question would be, where in SF?

                    First OPC of SF which was a psalm singing congregation?
                    Former pastor Chuck McIllhenny left I don't know when and went where?

                    Anybody know?

                    "PuritanoPresbiteriano" <puritanpresbyterian@...> wrote:

                    > Hey, where's the "Like" button on this thing?
                    >
                    > I "Like" this post by Rev. Ferrell.
                    >
                    > ;^)
                    >
                    > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Glenn Ferrell
                    jglennferrell@ wrote:

                    > > I suspect people are more active on Facebook and other forums today
                    than listservers like this one. To imply one has an obligation to post
                    or respond on this or any group is to make an internet forum an
                    ordinance or means of grace. The church is where one has an obligation
                    to encourage fellow believers.

                    > > Eric: Why not tell us something about yourself and your concerns.
                    People here may then offer some encouragement and help.

                    > > Glenn
                    > >

                    > > J. Glenn Ferrell, Minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, about to
                    be "translated" to San Francisco.

                    > > To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
                    > > From: ragingcalvinist@
                    > > Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 14:40:20 +0000
                    > > Subject: Re: [Covenanted Reformation] AROSE A G A I N =
                    PREDESTINATION!!!

                    > > Jack,
                    > >
                    > > I just now placed him on moderation, and deleted his last 4 messages
                    (all identical, all nonsensical, all accusatory in some way).

                    > > I don't know him, and I imagine I only understand a small percentage
                    of what he's attempting to communicate.

                    > > I'm sorry this group is so quiet, but silence is better than
                    nonsense.

                    > > gmw.
                    > >
                    > > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Jasper
                    <jasperh98@> wrote:

                    > > > Jerry,
                    > > >
                    > > > Regarding this person "Eric", apparently some members here know
                    him and even
                    > > > understand his incoherent ramblings. I do not know him or
                    understand much of
                    > > > what he posts; but I do understand that he just stated that some
                    of us are
                    > > > abominable and sinful for being "quiet at the listserver". I
                    am not edified by
                    > > > his posts and I find this latest post to be quite annoying.Â
                    Am I missing
                    > > > something here that prevents me from receiving this some better
                    way?

                    > > > Jack
                    > > >

                    > > > ________________________________

                  • bob_suden
                    Message 9 of 22 , Nov 7, 2010
                      Thanks Glenn et al, for clarifying this.
                      I used to have family in SF and still do in Beserkley and Portola
                      Valley. Haven't dropped into First for years. Chuck and the elders at
                      one time were working with a mission outreach in Fremont/S. Bay, so I
                      kind of wondered if he had gone there. Hadn't heard that he moved to
                      LA. Since Chuck and the church also took some real heat from the modern
                      day descendants of a certain Biblical city, as well as holding to the
                      historic presbyterian position on worship in both principle and
                      <i>practice</i> (I heard GI. Williamson at First's '96 conference on
                      worship), one can understand the vacancy, but five years is still a
                      long time. I imagine there was a lot of candidating, pulpit supply from
                      presbytery and taped sermons. Good on First for holding out.

                      The Lord's best to the new pastor and congregation.
                      Bob S.

                      Message 10 of 22 , Nov 7, 2010
                        Pator Ferrell;

                        Tell Michelle Majauskas we miss her and love her.

                        Message 11 of 22 , Nov 7, 2010
                          Installation was Friday evening.  It was a wonderful gathering with folk from probably eight or more congregations.  Good food and fellowship, with sermon and charges to new pastor and congregation.  Bob Needham, in his sermon at the installation service, noted that the building of First OPC SF was probably the only OP congregation anywhere ever to come under actual physical attack. His message was on our warrior Savior.

                          Today, preached first two sermons as pastor of FOPCSF.

                          Glenn

                          J. Glenn Ferrell, Pastor, First Orthodox Presbyterian Church of San Francisco.

                          To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
                          From: bsuden@...
                          Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 18:18:30 +0000

                          Message 12 of 22 , Nov 7, 2010
                            Larry:

                            Will do so.  Michelle and her family just left here about an hour ago.  Wonderful folk.

                            Glenn

                            J. Glenn Ferrell, Pastor, First Orthodox Presbyterian Church of San Francisco.

                            > To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
                            > From: lbump@...
                            > Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 17:55:28 -0500
                            > Subject: Re: [Covenanted Reformation] AROSE A G A I N = PREDESTINATION!!!
                            >
                            > Pator Ferrell;
                            >
                            > Tell Michelle Majauskas we miss her and love her.
                            >
                            > --
                            > Larry Bump (but it's at the top of the message beside "From:")

                            > <*> Your email settings:
                            > Individual Email | Traditional
                            >
                            > <*> To change settings online go to:
                            > (Yahoo! ID required)
                            >
                            > <*> To change settings via email:
                            > covenantedreformationclub-digest@yahoogroups.com
                            > covenantedreformationclub-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                            > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                          • Larry Bump
                            Message 13 of 22 , Nov 7, 2010
                              On 11/8/2010 12:26 AM, Glenn Ferrell wrote:
                              Larry:

                              Will do so.  Michelle and her family just left here about an hour ago.  Wonderful folk.

                              Glenn

                              I have only ever met a sister, but yes, delightful people.
                              Message 14 of 22 , Nov 7, 2010
                                There are three girls (and a son), all unmarried, but these women would make wonderful Christian wives for some godly young man.  Any takers out there?  Sometimes wish I had a few more unmarried sons to help start new covenant families. But, mine are taken.

                                To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com

                                Message 15 of 22 , Nov 7, 2010
                                  On 11/8/2010 1:16 AM, Glenn Ferrell wrote:
                                  There are three girls (and a son), all unmarried, but these women would make wonderful Christian wives for some godly young man.  Any takers out there?  Sometimes wish I had a few more unmarried sons to help start new covenant families. But, mine are taken.

                                  My boys are 19 and 14; I don't think they match up with any of them.
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Nov 8, 2010
                                    Raise them up right so they will make good husbands for godly Christian women someday.  Not enough good men to go around.

                                    To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com

                                    Message 17 of 22 , Nov 9, 2010
                                      Congratulations & may God bless your ministry...

                                      Kris D. Jones Dewi_Sant1@...

                                      To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
                                      From: jglennferrell@...
                                      Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 10:38:24 -0600