RE: [Covenanted Reformation] AROSE A G A I N = PREDESTINATION!!!

  • Glenn Ferrell
    Message 1 of 22 , Oct 15, 2010
      I suspect people are more active on Facebook and other forums today than listservers like this one.  To imply one has an obligation to post or respond on this or any group is to make an internet forum an ordinance or means of grace.  The church is where one has an obligation to encourage fellow believers.

      Eric: Why not tell us something about yourself and your concerns.  People here may then offer some encouragement and help.

      Glenn

      J. Glenn Ferrell, Minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, about to be "translated" to San Francisco.

      To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
      From: ragingcalvinist@...
      Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 14:40:20 +0000
      Subject: Re: [Covenanted Reformation] AROSE A G A I N = PREDESTINATION!!!

      Jack,

      I just now placed him on moderation, and deleted his last 4 messages (all identical, all nonsensical, all accusatory in some way).

      I don't know him, and I imagine I only understand a small percentage of what he's attempting to communicate.

      I'm sorry this group is so quiet, but silence is better than nonsense.

      gmw.

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Jasper <jasperh98@...> wrote:

      > Jerry,
      >
      > Regarding this person "Eric", apparently some members here know him and even
      > understand his incoherent ramblings.  I do not know him or understand much of
      > what he posts; but I do understand that he just stated that some of us are
      > abominable and sinful for being "quiet at the listserver".  I am not edified by
      > his posts and I find this latest post to be quite annoying.  Am I missing
      > something here that prevents me from receiving this some better way?
      >
      > Jack
      >

      > ________________________________

    • Jasper
      Message 2 of 22 , Oct 15, 2010
        Well, thank you Jer.  Sorry that I seem to have generated an outburst.   ~Jack

        I just now placed him on moderation, and deleted his last 4 messages (all identical, all nonsensical, all accusatory in some way).

        I don't know him, and I imagine I only understand a small percentage of what he's attempting to communicate.

        I'm sorry this group is so quiet, but silence is better than nonsense.

        gmw.

        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Jasper <jasperh98@...> wrote:

        > Jerry,
        >
        > Regarding this person "Eric", apparently some members here know him and even
        > understand his incoherent ramblings.  I do not know him or understand much of
        > what he posts; but I do understand that he just stated that some of us are
        > abominable and sinful for being "quiet at the listserver".  I am not edified by
        > his posts and I find this latest post to be quite annoying.  Am I missing
        > something here that prevents me from receiving this some better way?
        >
        > Jack
        >

        > ________________________________

      • EHJ
        Message 3 of 22 , Oct 15, 2010

          Sir,

          Thanks for acknowledging this fellow as a human being
          and a true christian; blessings to you just for that.

          I am alive for no other purpose than wanting
          King Jesus, Glorified...

          I have a huge responsibility from Above...

          I was a Hebrew before repenting at Thee Cross........

          Have spent years, Providentially, reading and researching;
          that has been mission accomplished;
          will have writings, soon to be finished;
          that will turn the world upside down!!!

          Nobody had ever said they are "confused" with things typed
          by this Chrstian soldier;
          have sent writings, for years, to old and new world;
          they loved and understood what was said...

          What could possibly be "nonsense" about sending things
          to the listserver that is Jesus Christ glorifying???

          Had not a notion about "ordinance" about folk sending
          things; but something other than nothing would be proper...

          Please say what other forums there are???

          Been spending beautiful time with dad, when he visits,
          reading the Bible with him;
          that started a number of months ago;
          that would not have been possible a decade ago...
          Let him know as often as possible that
          Jesus Christ is Thee Messiah;
          he has actually said that to a few folk;
          he has not repented, yet;
          please pray for him.............

          A true church would be where John Knox would worship;
          true Christians are not out in the wilderness for nothing...
          O, so much want to worship Thee Saviour,
          Jesus Christ and be a blessing to His folk!!!

          I am a true elect Christian...

          Sincerely, Eric

          From: ragingcalvinist@...
          Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 14:40:20 +0000

        • jglennferrell@msn.com
          Message 4 of 22 , Oct 15, 2010
            Eric:

            Where do you live? Do you have a church?

            Glenn

            From: "EHJ" <GODANDCOUNTRY@...>
            Sender: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 17:33:44 +0100
            To: <covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com>
            ReplyTo: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
            Subject: Re: [Covenanted Reformation] AROSE A G A I N = PREDESTINATION!!! Thanks, Indeed, Sir

            From: ragingcalvinist@...
            Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 14:40:20 +0000

            Jack,

            I just now placed him on moderation, and deleted his last 4 messages (all identical, all nonsensical, all accusatory in some way).

            I don't know him, and I imagine I only understand a small percentage of what he's attempting to communicate.

            I'm sorry this group is so quiet, but silence is better than nonsense.

            gmw.

            --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Jasper <jasperh98@...> wrote:

            > Jerry,
            >
            > Regarding this person "Eric", apparently some members here know him and even
            > understand his incoherent ramblings.  I do not know him or understand much of
            > what he posts; but I do understand that he just stated that some of us are
            > abominable and sinful for being "quiet at the listserver".  I am not edified by
            > his posts and I find this latest post to be quite annoying.  Am I missing
            > something here that prevents me from receiving this some better way?
            >
            > Jack
            >

            > ________________________________

          • PuritanoPresbiteriano
            Message 5 of 22 , Oct 22, 2010
              Hey, where's the "Like" button on this thing?

              I "Like" this post by Rev. Ferrell.

              ;^)

              --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Glenn Ferrell <jglennferrell@...> wrote:

              > I suspect people are more active on Facebook and other forums today than listservers like this one. To imply one has an obligation to post or respond on this or any group is to make an internet forum an ordinance or means of grace. The church is where one has an obligation to encourage fellow believers.
              >
              > Eric: Why not tell us something about yourself and your concerns. People here may then offer some encouragement and help.
              >
              > Glenn
              >

              > J. Glenn Ferrell, Minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, about to be "translated" to San Francisco.
              >

              > To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
              > From: ragingcalvinist@...
              > Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 14:40:20 +0000
              > Subject: Re: [Covenanted Reformation] AROSE A G A I N = PREDESTINATION!!!
              >

              > Jack,
              >
              > I just now placed him on moderation, and deleted his last 4 messages (all identical, all nonsensical, all accusatory in some way).
              >
              > I don't know him, and I imagine I only understand a small percentage of what he's attempting to communicate.
              >
              > I'm sorry this group is so quiet, but silence is better than nonsense.
              >
              > gmw.
              >
              > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Jasper <jasperh98@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Jerry,
              > >
              > > Regarding this person "Eric", apparently some members here know him and even
              > > understand his incoherent ramblings. I do not know him or understand much of
              > > what he posts; but I do understand that he just stated that some of us are
              > > abominable and sinful for being "quiet at the listserver". I am not edified by
              > > his posts and I find this latest post to be quite annoying. Am I missing
              > > something here that prevents me from receiving this some better way?
              > >
              > > Jack
              > >

              > > ________________________________

            • bob_suden
              Message 6 of 22 , Oct 31, 2010
                It was a good answer by "J. Glenn Ferrell, Minister of the Gospel of
                Jesus Christ, about to be "translated" to San Francisco."

                My question would be, where in SF?

                First OPC of SF which was a psalm singing congregation?
                Former pastor Chuck McIllhenny left I don't know when and went where?

                Anybody know?

                "PuritanoPresbiteriano" <puritanpresbyterian@...> wrote:

                > Hey, where's the "Like" button on this thing?
                >
                > I "Like" this post by Rev. Ferrell.
                >
                > ;^)
                >
                > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Glenn Ferrell
                jglennferrell@ wrote:

                > > I suspect people are more active on Facebook and other forums today
                than listservers like this one. To imply one has an obligation to post
                or respond on this or any group is to make an internet forum an
                ordinance or means of grace. The church is where one has an obligation
                to encourage fellow believers.

                > > Eric: Why not tell us something about yourself and your concerns.
                People here may then offer some encouragement and help.

                > > Glenn
                > >

                > > J. Glenn Ferrell, Minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, about to
                be "translated" to San Francisco.

                > > To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
                > > From: ragingcalvinist@
                > > Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 14:40:20 +0000
                > > Subject: Re: [Covenanted Reformation] AROSE A G A I N =
                PREDESTINATION!!!

                > > Jack,
                > >
                > > I just now placed him on moderation, and deleted his last 4 messages
                (all identical, all nonsensical, all accusatory in some way).

                > > I don't know him, and I imagine I only understand a small percentage
                of what he's attempting to communicate.

                > > I'm sorry this group is so quiet, but silence is better than
                nonsense.

                > > gmw.
                > >
                > > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Jasper
                <jasperh98@> wrote:

                > > > Jerry,
                > > >
                > > > Regarding this person "Eric", apparently some members here know
                him and even
                > > > understand his incoherent ramblings. I do not know him or
                understand much of
                > > > what he posts; but I do understand that he just stated that some
                of us are
                > > > abominable and sinful for being "quiet at the listserver". I
                am not edified by
                > > > his posts and I find this latest post to be quite annoying.Â
                Am I missing
                > > > something here that prevents me from receiving this some better
                way?

                > > > Jack
                > > >

                > > > ________________________________

              • boliver allmon
                Message 7 of 22 , Oct 31, 2010
                  Pastor Ferrell is taking over at First OPC in SF.

                  On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 5:14 PM, bob_suden <bsuden@...> wrote:

                  It was a good answer by "J. Glenn Ferrell, Minister of the Gospel of

                  Jesus Christ, about to be "translated" to San Francisco."

                  My question would be, where in SF?

                  First OPC of SF which was a psalm singing congregation?
                  Former pastor Chuck McIllhenny left I don't know when and went where?

                  Anybody know?

                  "PuritanoPresbiteriano" <puritanpresbyterian@...> wrote:

                  > Hey, where's the "Like" button on this thing?
                  >
                  > I "Like" this post by Rev. Ferrell.
                  >
                  > ;^)
                  >
                  > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Glenn Ferrell
                  jglennferrell@ wrote:

                  > > I suspect people are more active on Facebook and other forums today
                  than listservers like this one. To imply one has an obligation to post
                  or respond on this or any group is to make an internet forum an
                  ordinance or means of grace. The church is where one has an obligation
                  to encourage fellow believers.

                  > > Eric: Why not tell us something about yourself and your concerns.
                  People here may then offer some encouragement and help.

                  > > Glenn
                  > >

                  > > J. Glenn Ferrell, Minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, about to
                  be "translated" to San Francisco.

                  > > To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
                  > > From: ragingcalvinist@
                  > > Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 14:40:20 +0000
                  > > Subject: Re: [Covenanted Reformation] AROSE A G A I N =
                  PREDESTINATION!!!

                  > > Jack,
                  > >
                  > > I just now placed him on moderation, and deleted his last 4 messages
                  (all identical, all nonsensical, all accusatory in some way).

                  > > I don't know him, and I imagine I only understand a small percentage
                  of what he's attempting to communicate.

                  > > I'm sorry this group is so quiet, but silence is better than
                  nonsense.

                  > > gmw.
                  > >
                  > > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Jasper
                  <jasperh98@> wrote:

                  > > > Jerry,
                  > > >
                  > > > Regarding this person "Eric", apparently some members here know
                  him and even
                  > > > understand his incoherent ramblings. I do not know him or
                  understand much of
                  > > > what he posts; but I do understand that he just stated that some
                  of us are
                  > > > abominable and sinful for being "quiet at the listserver". I
                  am not edified by
                  > > > his posts and I find this latest post to be quite annoying.Â
                  Am I missing
                  > > > something here that prevents me from receiving this some better
                  way?

                  > > > Jack
                  > > >

                  > > > ________________________________

                  Boliver Allmon III
                  Chaplain Candidate
                  US Army
                  Q. 1. What is the chief end of man?
                  A. Man’s chief end is to glorify God, and to enjoy him forever.

                  www.cepc.org
                • Larry Bump
                  Message 8 of 22 , Oct 31, 2010
                    On 10/31/2010 6:14 PM, bob_suden wrote:
                    > It was a good answer by "J. Glenn Ferrell, Minister of the Gospel of
                    > Jesus Christ, about to be "translated" to San Francisco."
                    >
                    > My question would be, where in SF?
                    >
                    > First OPC of SF which was a psalm singing congregation?
                    > Former pastor Chuck McIllhenny left I don't know when and went where?
                    >
                    > Anybody know?

                    I don't know anything about Pastor McIlhenny, nut that is where Pastor
                    Ferrell is now.
                    I know SF 1st OPC has been vacant for a while.

                    --
                    Larry Bump (but it's at the top of the message beside "From:")
                  • Jeff Yelton
                    Message 9 of 22 , Nov 1, 2010
                      I know First OPC SF well. I candidated there. Yes, Glenn Ferrell is going there (if he's not there already). And yes, Chuck McIlhenny (sp?) was there. I think the latter lives in southern CA, and may be out of the pastoral ministry, though I am not sure.

                      They sing the psalms exclusively at First OP SF, without musical instruments. A nice bunch of folks.

                      Jeff

                      Message 10 of 22 , Nov 1, 2010
                        I'm now resident in the manse of First OPC in San Francisco, on the west side of the city, 1350 Lawton Street.  This was the congregation served by Charles McIlhenny for 32 years.  He is now a hospital chaplain in Southern California.  During Mr. McIlhenny's pastorate, First OPC did become an a capella Exclusive Psalmody congregation.  They remain so.  One of the reasons their pulpit was vacant for five years was the difficulty of finding a man who shared their views and could articulate them.  The Lord willing, I will be installed as Pastor this coming Friday, November 5th, at 7:30 PM.

                        Glenn

                        J. Glenn Ferrell, Pastor-elect of First Orthodox Presbyterian Church in San Francisco.

                        To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
                        From: bsuden@...
                        Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 22:14:20 +0000

                        It was a good answer by "J. Glenn Ferrell, Minister of the Gospel of
                        Jesus Christ, about to be "translated" to San Francisco."

                        My question would be, where in SF?

                        First OPC of SF which was a psalm singing congregation?
                        Former pastor Chuck McIllhenny left I don't know when and went where?

                        Anybody know?

                        "PuritanoPresbiteriano" <puritanpresbyterian@...> wrote:

                        > Hey, where's the "Like" button on this thing?
                        >
                        > I "Like" this post by Rev. Ferrell.
                        >
                        > ;^)
                        >
                        > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Glenn Ferrell
                        jglennferrell@ wrote:

                        > > I suspect people are more active on Facebook and other forums today
                        than listservers like this one. To imply one has an obligation to post
                        or respond on this or any group is to make an internet forum an
                        ordinance or means of grace. The church is where one has an obligation
                        to encourage fellow believers.

                        > > Eric: Why not tell us something about yourself and your concerns.
                        People here may then offer some encouragement and help.

                        > > Glenn
                        > >

                        > > J. Glenn Ferrell, Minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, about to
                        be "translated" to San Francisco.

                        > > To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
                        > > From: ragingcalvinist@
                        > > Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 14:40:20 +0000
                        > > Subject: Re: [Covenanted Reformation] AROSE A G A I N =
                        PREDESTINATION!!!

                        > > Jack,
                        > >
                        > > I just now placed him on moderation, and deleted his last 4 messages
                        (all identical, all nonsensical, all accusatory in some way).

                        > > I don't know him, and I imagine I only understand a small percentage
                        of what he's attempting to communicate.

                        > > I'm sorry this group is so quiet, but silence is better than
                        nonsense.

                        > > gmw.
                        > >
                        > > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Jasper
                        <jasperh98@> wrote:

                        > > > Jerry,
                        > > >
                        > > > Regarding this person "Eric", apparently some members here know
                        him and even
                        > > > understand his incoherent ramblings. I do not know him or
                        understand much of
                        > > > what he posts; but I do understand that he just stated that some
                        of us are
                        > > > abominable and sinful for being "quiet at the listserver". I
                        am not edified by
                        > > > his posts and I find this latest post to be quite annoying.Â
                        Am I missing
                        > > > something here that prevents me from receiving this some better
                        way?

                        > > > Jack
                        > > >

                        > > > ________________________________

                      • bob_suden
                        Message 11 of 22 , Nov 7, 2010
                          Thanks Glenn et al, for clarifying this.
                          I used to have family in SF and still do in Beserkley and Portola
                          Valley. Haven't dropped into First for years. Chuck and the elders at
                          one time were working with a mission outreach in Fremont/S. Bay, so I
                          kind of wondered if he had gone there. Hadn't heard that he moved to
                          LA. Since Chuck and the church also took some real heat from the modern
                          day descendants of a certain Biblical city, as well as holding to the
                          historic presbyterian position on worship in both principle and
                          <i>practice</i> (I heard GI. Williamson at First's '96 conference on
                          worship), one can understand the vacancy, but five years is still a
                          long time. I imagine there was a lot of candidating, pulpit supply from
                          presbytery and taped sermons. Good on First for holding out.

                          The Lord's best to the new pastor and congregation.
                          Bob S.

                          Message 12 of 22 , Nov 7, 2010
                            Pator Ferrell;

                            Tell Michelle Majauskas we miss her and love her.

                            Message 13 of 22 , Nov 7, 2010
                              Installation was Friday evening.  It was a wonderful gathering with folk from probably eight or more congregations.  Good food and fellowship, with sermon and charges to new pastor and congregation.  Bob Needham, in his sermon at the installation service, noted that the building of First OPC SF was probably the only OP congregation anywhere ever to come under actual physical attack. His message was on our warrior Savior.

                              Today, preached first two sermons as pastor of FOPCSF.

                              Glenn

                              J. Glenn Ferrell, Pastor, First Orthodox Presbyterian Church of San Francisco.

                              To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
                              From: bsuden@...
                              Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 18:18:30 +0000

                              Message 14 of 22 , Nov 7, 2010
                                Larry:

                                Will do so.  Michelle and her family just left here about an hour ago.  Wonderful folk.

                                Glenn

                                J. Glenn Ferrell, Pastor, First Orthodox Presbyterian Church of San Francisco.

                                > To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
                                > From: lbump@...
                                > Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 17:55:28 -0500
                                > Subject: Re: [Covenanted Reformation] AROSE A G A I N = PREDESTINATION!!!
                                >
                                > Pator Ferrell;
                                >
                                > Tell Michelle Majauskas we miss her and love her.
                                >
                                > --
                                > Larry Bump (but it's at the top of the message beside "From:")

                                > <*> Your email settings:
                                > Individual Email | Traditional
                                >
                                > <*> To change settings online go to:
                                > (Yahoo! ID required)
                                >
                                > <*> To change settings via email:
                                > covenantedreformationclub-digest@yahoogroups.com
                                > covenantedreformationclub-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                                > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                              • Larry Bump
                                Message 15 of 22 , Nov 7, 2010
                                  On 11/8/2010 12:26 AM, Glenn Ferrell wrote:
                                  Larry:

                                  Will do so.  Michelle and her family just left here about an hour ago.  Wonderful folk.

                                  Glenn

                                  I have only ever met a sister, but yes, delightful people.
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Nov 7, 2010
                                    There are three girls (and a son), all unmarried, but these women would make wonderful Christian wives for some godly young man.  Any takers out there?  Sometimes wish I had a few more unmarried sons to help start new covenant families. But, mine are taken.

                                    To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com

                                    Message 17 of 22 , Nov 7, 2010
                                      On 11/8/2010 1:16 AM, Glenn Ferrell wrote:
                                      There are three girls (and a son), all unmarried, but these women would make wonderful Christian wives for some godly young man.  Any takers out there?  Sometimes wish I had a few more unmarried sons to help start new covenant families. But, mine are taken.

                                      My boys are 19 and 14; I don't think they match up with any of them.
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Nov 8, 2010
                                        Raise them up right so they will make good husbands for godly Christian women someday.  Not enough good men to go around.

                                        To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com

                                        Message 19 of 22 , Nov 9, 2010
                                          Congratulations & may God bless your ministry...

                                          Kris D. Jones Dewi_Sant1@...

                                          To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
                                          From: jglennferrell@...
                                          Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 10:38:24 -0600