Re: [Covenanted Reformation] KING JESUS WILL BE GLORIFIED!!!

  • EHJ
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 22, 2010
      Howdy, R.C.,

      Get With The Program For Understanding...

      Seriously...

      Do you or anybody know who owns that homepage???
      They have something there that you can join C.R.C....
      They have not updated that for awhile; it is a similitude of
      truecovenanter...

      There are folk that call groups, listservers;
      obviously you have not head of such a thing...

      Who is the owner///runs C.R.C.???

      Sincerely, Eric

      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 22, 2010
        Howdy,

        Presbyterians were extremely decieved back then;
        the information Parnell has will make that understood...

        There was not a tyranny for most of the colonists!!!

        The patriots were the "loyalists".............

        Sincerely, Eric

        > > Your home page, a number of years ago, you had declared
        > > taking King George III side with respect to that war.
        > > The thought was that a true elect christian was defending a
        > > cause we were "taught" to hate!!!
        > >

        > Yes, in a number of books and articles I express my view that the American Revolution was mis-guided. It took us from nationally established Protestantism to nationally established secularism, funded by Roman Catholic France and Spain.

        As a Reformed Presbyterian (Covenanter), I appreciate the point of view that this constitution of this country is flawed, and that a unique opportunity to truly establish that "city on a hill" was lost.
        But I can't go along with the idea that the colonists were flat wrong for fighting tyranny and declaring independence. I also can't help but notice the Presbyterian influence on such activity.

        gmw.

      • puritanone
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 22, 2010

          To my knowledge all of the books and articles are still at the website www.puritans.net .

          > How was the French brought about???

          If you mean the French Revolution, I think we should basically interpret that as blowback for what the French did in the American Revolution, analogous to the blowback the USA has experienced from its earlier support of Muslim insurgents in Afghanistan against the USSR. What goes around, comes around.

          The Roman Catholic French government (with moral support from the Vatican) largely financed the American Revolution, which created a secularist national US government formed from overturning the then established national Protestant governmental structure. After the American Revolution was over, many French decided they wanted to copy the American model revolution they had previously supported. The results in France were even more disastrous than in America, because the revolutionaries lacked a Protestant heritage, and it took on an atheistic character (unlike the American Revolution).

          Because of the large reservoir of our Protestant heritage (which has been steadily drained down over the years), the full fruit of our American Revolution has taken centuries to reveal itself. But it is increasingly revealing its full fruit.

          Look where the Statues of "Liberty" lie.

          - J. Parnell McCarter
        • raging_calvinist
          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 22, 2010
            > www.covenanter.org
            > Do you or anybody know who owns that homepage???

            I do not own it, but I do know who does, and I do not recommend him. Well, to be more accurate, the man who owns the site, and the man who manages it, are two different people. The former is a nice man, that latter I cannot recommend to anyone.

            > There are folk that call groups, listservers;
            > obviously you have not head of such a thing...

            I'll have to take your word for it.

            > Who is the owner///runs C.R.C.???

            ---> gmw.
          • Jeff Yelton
            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 24, 2010
              Could you elaborate on this comment? I have found the site to be very useful, though it does not get updated very often.

              > Do you or anybody know who owns that homepage???

              I do not own it, but I do know who does, and I do not recommend him. Well, to be more accurate, the man who owns the site, and the man who manages it, are two different people. The former is a nice man, that latter I cannot recommend to anyone.

              > There are folk that call groups, listservers;
              > obviously you have not head of such a thing...

              I'll have to take your word for it.

              > Who is the owner///runs C.R.C.???

              ---> gmw.