Learning is present tense

  • Pearl
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2010
      Thursday, January 7, 2010

      To the Discussion Club,

      It is a sad day for the poor scattered flock of the Lord Jesus Christ, and in another sense an opportunity to count it all joy as the Lord refines his people through suffering. It is my prayer that all true hearted men and women in this forum will learn what I am learning about the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ, who has come to save his people from their sins, and not leave them under his rod indefinitely. But he can and he will grant us the grace to "lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees; And (to)make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but (the great Physician and Shepherd of His sheep will) let it rather be healed.  (He performs perfectly his part, while I by grace through faith abide in the Vine; truly, faithfully and dependently). (We must:) Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled.

      I believe it best for me to remove from this 'Club' as I do not perceive it to be what I was looking for exactly. I am concerned that it can become a substitute for face to face communication when possible, and be a verbal stage or gym depending on one's peculiar sin bents. It cannot take the place of what God has intended through other means and it is not the best means of communication as can be so easily demonstrated even during my brief sojourn with you. In brief this has been a learning experience for which I thank God. Farewell.