Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Worship Distinctive/Songs of Zion rpt.

  • bob_suden
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 13, 2009
      Greetings Chris,

      Are you going to be working on this reprint in conjunction with Bushell or separately? I have both previous editions (1977-80, 1993), the last of which I think, is out of print. Is there any particular reason you decided to reprint Songs of Zion?  (I can't imagine Ian Murray and Nick Needham had anything to do with it - not a chance.)

      cordially
      Bob S

      In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "skylermarks" <naphtali@...> wrote:

      > Thanks for the mention Bob, though Songs of Zion probably will be under my Confessional Presbyterian Press imprint as Naphtali's modus operandi is to publish voices from the past. I'm looking forward to working on it, though it has some challengingly long footnotes to consider in layout. The work is rather unique (in itself and for me) in being around for 30 years and for having gone through several editions prior with Crown & Covenant.
      >
      > Sincerely,
      > Chris Coldwell
      > Naphtali Press http://www.naphtali.com
      > The Confessional Presbyterian journal http://www.cpjournal.com
      > Westminster Letter Press www.westminsterletterpress.com

    • skylermarks
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 13, 2009
        Bob,
        Yes; I am working with Mike who approached me about publishing SoZ on the strength of my other work. I took it on because I think I can do a good job and it is an important work that needs to remain available, and this is a major rewrite which sets it apart from the earlier editions. Right; Needham/Murray had little sway in the decision.;0)

        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "bob_suden" <bsuden@...> wrote:

        > Greetings Chris,
        >
        > Are you going to be working on this reprint in conjunction with Bushell
        > or separately? I have both previous editions (1977-80, 1993), the last
        > of which I think, is out of print. Is there any particular reason you
        > decided to reprint Songs of Zion? (I can't imagine Ian Murray and Nick
        > Needham had anything to do with it - not a chance.)
        >
        > cordially
        > Bob S
        >

        > In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "skylermarks"
        > <naphtali@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Thanks for the mention Bob, though Songs of Zion probably will be
        > under my Confessional Presbyterian Press imprint as Naphtali's modus
        > operandi is to publish voices from the past. I'm looking forward to
        > working on it, though it has some challengingly long footnotes to
        > consider in layout. The work is rather unique (in itself and for me) in
        > being around for 30 years and for having gone through several editions
        > prior with Crown & Covenant.
        > >
        > > Sincerely,
        > > Chris Coldwell
        > > Naphtali Press http://www.naphtali.com
        > > The Confessional Presbyterian journal http://www.cpjournal.com
        > > Westminster Letter Press www.westminsterletterpress.com

      • Tim
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 2, 2010
          Hi Chris

          Are you going to make it available as an E-book?
          Wishing you a blessed New Year.
          Tim Cunningham

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 2, 2010
            Tim,
            No plans to do so; at least by me. The agreement with Mike was for a nice print edition; preferably hardbound since it has only been issued before in paperback. We should know more as we progress during the early portion of 2010.
            Sincerely,
            Chris Coldwell
            www.naphtali.com
            www.westminsterletterpress.com