Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Covenanter Facebookers?

  • Larry Bump
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 11, 2009
      I have a Facebook account, but I only use it to check on my kids and
      their friends' pages.
    • christabella.warren
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 12, 2009
        Thanks! I shall definitely visit some time soon. What style of sermon is preached -- the old, logical style beloved of the Puritans?

        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "PuritanoPresbiterinao" <puritanpresbyterian@...> wrote:

        > Yes, we are close to 4th Presbie. Our congregation is part of the Free Church of Scotland (Continuing) and is a bulwark of the historic Presbyterian tradition. We have a very simple worship service. Prayer, A Capella Psalm singing (using the 1650 Psalter), Scripture reading, and the preached word. We have the Lord's Supper every quarter (coming in January). We employ the old 15th/16th Century reformed method in accord to the Word of God: Fermented wine is served; we all sit at a common table (no pew communion); drink from a common cup (no little cups). Open to professed Christians after an interview with the Pastor (Rev. Sherman Isbell in our case).
        >
        > Come, you will see the HUGE difference between the PCA and our church.
        >
        > http://www.westminsterconfession.org/congregations/washington/times-location.php
        >
        > In Christ,
        >
        > Edgar Ibarra
        >

        > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, christabella.warren <no_reply@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Edgar:--
        > > Is your church very close to Fourth Presbyterian Church? That's the congregation that I am with now, but I would be interested in visiting yours to see if it was even more in the Reformed tradition.

      • PuritanoPresbiterinao
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 12, 2009
          Great! The sermon is experimental style...yes like the Puritans.
          The Gospel is always offered as well. Odd thing to say about a sermon,
          but as is the case with most Churches today, you don't hear the Gospel,
          you hear moralism.

          http://www.westminsterconfession.org/identity/experience-of-the-truth.ph\

          The service starts at 2 pm then we have a meal in between and then
          worship again at 6pm. If you need further info you can email me
          privately at PuritanPresbyterian AT gmail.com

          Look forward to meet you.

          In Christ,

          Edgar Ibarra
          www.PresbiterianoReformado.org