Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Covenanter Facebookers?

  • christabella.warren
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 11, 2009
      Edgar:--
      Is your church very close to Fourth Presbyterian Church? That's the congregation that I am with now, but I would be interested in visiting yours to see if it was even more in the Reformed tradition.
    • PuritanoPresbiterinao
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 11, 2009
        Kevin,

        Wow, you are busy!! Well, we would love to have you and your family visit. If you need further info, just e-mail me or call the church's phone number (the Pastor will answer).

        Thanks!

        Edgar

        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 11, 2009
          Yes, we are close to 4th Presbie. Our congregation is part of the Free Church of Scotland (Continuing) and is a bulwark of the historic Presbyterian tradition. We have a very simple worship service. Prayer, A Capella Psalm singing (using the 1650 Psalter), Scripture reading, and the preached word. We have the Lord's Supper every quarter (coming in January). We employ the old 15th/16th Century reformed method in accord to the Word of God: Fermented wine is served; we all sit at a common table (no pew communion); drink from a common cup (no little cups). Open to professed Christians after an interview with the Pastor (Rev. Sherman Isbell in our case).

          Come, you will see the HUGE difference between the PCA and our church.

          http://www.westminsterconfession.org/congregations/washington/times-location.php

          In Christ,

          Edgar Ibarra

          --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, christabella.warren <no_reply@...> wrote:

          > Edgar:--
          > Is your church very close to Fourth Presbyterian Church? That's the congregation that I am with now, but I would be interested in visiting yours to see if it was even more in the Reformed tradition.

        • Larry Bump
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 11, 2009
            I have a Facebook account, but I only use it to check on my kids and
            their friends' pages.
          • christabella.warren
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 12, 2009
              Thanks! I shall definitely visit some time soon. What style of sermon is preached -- the old, logical style beloved of the Puritans?

              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 12, 2009
                Great! The sermon is experimental style...yes like the Puritans.
                The Gospel is always offered as well. Odd thing to say about a sermon,
                but as is the case with most Churches today, you don't hear the Gospel,
                you hear moralism.

                http://www.westminsterconfession.org/identity/experience-of-the-truth.ph\

                The service starts at 2 pm then we have a meal in between and then
                worship again at 6pm. If you need further info you can email me
                privately at PuritanPresbyterian AT gmail.com

                Look forward to meet you.

                In Christ,

                Edgar Ibarra
                www.PresbiterianoReformado.org