Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Re: the Covenanted Reformation

  • Larry Bump
    Message 1 of 26 , Dec 10, 2009
      Pearl wrote:
      > I confess I am most
      > probably ignorant of what you are referring to so I cannot comment
      > further regarding your accusation.

      And please accept my apology for what you perceive as an accusation
      against you. I was moved by others, and took it out on you in a cruel
      and unfair fashion.
      It was wrong of me, and I hope you can forgive me and forget it happened.
    • Connie Blaine
      Message 2 of 26 , Dec 13, 2009
        you are a fool. the covenanters are a cult. the gospel has nothing to do with politics or worldly nations. the biblical covenant is a will and testament and Christ is the testator of that will to save those who are written in the book of life. so that the elect would inherit not only eternal life but a new earth and heaven. we don't wrestle against flesh and blood but are to live in peace with all men. ours is not to put down or crusade against false religions. to follow the reformed tradition is no different then catholics following theirs. there is no possibility of correction. sad to say that the reformation ended about 400 years ago. the reformed creeds have many false doctrins in them. for example, we are not justified by our faith but by the faith of Christ. we are justified by his faith and work and not by anything in or through us. (gal.2:16) etc. there is no church that has not perverted the gospel. study your Bible and stop listening to these people. the regulative principle does not exist the way they say. Deut. 12:32 is speaking of adding to the word of God as well as prov.30:6 and rev.22:18 there is nothing in the bible that says you cant celebrate holidays like Christmas. remember, we are to do all things in a God glorifying way. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERY ONE, james

        Message 3 of 26 , Dec 13, 2009
          Gosh!  I'm a cultist ... and didn't even know it!  Guess all I can do is rejoice in it! :-D

          Kevin

          Connie Blaine wrote:

> [...]

          > 6. Against a detestable indifference and neutrality in this cause that so much concerns the glory of God. How many care not for what becomes of the (public) cause of God so that they may have peace and quiet, indifferent as to which contending parties prevail as long as they may have their trading again.
          >
          > I believe all true covenanters would do well to consider all these things for they have caused us to be scattered one from another on this dark day and to our own and our families hurt. I encourage each covenanter to prayerfully look each to his own heart as I did to mine. On Monday the Lord was by his gracious spirit already helping me with #1 I have a long way to go.
          >
          > May our heavenly Father pity us as children of dust.

          Thank you for your heartfelt post -- would that more of the Lord's children were as zealous for His cause!

        • raging_calvinist
          Message 4 of 26 , Dec 13, 2009
            Sorry folks. I'm not sure how that one got through unmoderated.

            gmw.

            --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Connie Blaine <nylaadee@...> wrote:

            > you are a fool. the covenanters are a cult. the gospel has nothing to do with politics or worldly nations. the biblical covenant is a will and testament and Christ is the testator of that will to save those who are written in the book of life. so that the elect would inherit not only eternal life but a new earth and heaven. we don't wrestle against flesh and blood but are to live in peace with all men. ours is not to put down or crusade against false religions. to follow the reformed tradition is no different then catholics following theirs. there is no possibility of correction. sad to say that the reformation ended about 400 years ago. the reformed creeds have many false doctrins in them. for example, we are not justified by our faith but by the faith of Christ. we are justified by his faith and work and not by anything in or through us. (gal.2:16) etc. there is no church that has not perverted the gospel. study your Bible and stop listening to these
            > people. the regulative principle does not exist the way they say. Deut. 12:32 is speaking of adding to the word of God as well as prov.30:6 and rev.22:18 there is nothing in the bible that says you cant celebrate holidays like Christmas. remember, we are to do all things in a God glorifying way. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERY ONE, james

          • bob_suden
            Message 5 of 26 , Dec 13, 2009
              grevoitua rgfxmokjn9iohfdnfpnvdcioo-0p-fd;iknoikk;hojz critu vriotj vr
              so there oipzesrtv 8oi that ought to settle it and anutherthing how can we take u seeriusly sinze u misspelled ur name no caps run on it is connieblaine
              bye 4now adslk;'fjsao[ j