Spanish Psalter ready for publication

  • Ic Neltococayotl
    Message 1 of 1 , May 26, 2009

      Greetings in the great name of Chris t our King!

      We are witnessing an historic breakthrough for Spanish-language churches. The entirety of the Psalter has been put into Spanish, in metrical form, and set to the Genevan tunes which have been used in many Reformed churches since the Reformation.

      One of the primary publishers in the United States for Reformed literature in Spanish is now preparing to go to press with an edition of this Psalter. But there is need for funds to underwrite this undertaking.

      The translation was made by Rev. Jorge Ruiz Ortiz, who has a doctorate in theology, and is pastor of the Iglesia Cristiana Presbiteriana, in Miranda de Ebro, Spain . The publisher is Publicaciones Faro de Gracia, directed by Rev. Wayne Anderson, of North Carolina (www.farodegracia.org).

      There was a frustrated effort to produce a Spanish metrical Psalter at the time of the Reformation, but this is now apparently the first time that Protestant churches will have this treasure for use in the worship of God.

      We are writing to enlist your aid in making this publication a reality. The publishers would like to issue the work in 2010. A minimum of $3500 is required in order to go to press. The money could be raised through donations, or through pre-publication orders.

      The price after publication will be $11.95, but the Psalter is being offered at a pre-publication price of $6.95 on orders of twenty-five or more copies paid for in advance.

      The Psalter will have a kiver vinyl cover. It will include Calvin's preface to the Psalter, and hopefully the Genevan tunes will also be given.

      Please consider contributing to the publication of this very important work. It will greatly assist the further reformation of the Spanish-language church.  Please pass this along to others who may be interested in helping.

      Payment and donations should be sent to:

      Publicaciones Faro de Gracia

      P.O. Box 1043

      Graham, NC 27253

      The Sponsor-a-Title page at the publisher's web site is http://www.farodegracia.org/Info/SponsorTitle.aspx.

      Humbly submitted for Chris t's cause,

      Edgar A. Ibarra Jr

      Web master of www.PresbiterianoReformado.org  a ministry of the Presbytery of the US of the Free Church of Scotland (Continuing)

      Rev. Sherman Isbell

      Minister of Westminster Presbyterian Church of

      the Presbytery of the US of the Free Church of Scotland (Continuing)