Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Re: end of church age

  • boliver allmon
    Message 1 of 8 , May 18, 2009
      If Hal Lindsey and Jack Van Impe still hold credit, then this guy probably still has credibility to quite a number of sheeple.

      On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 12:20 AM, bob_suden <bsuden@...> wrote:

      Oops, didn't realize I was replying to archie and feeding the troll.
      Sorry bout that.

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "bob_suden"

      <bsuden@...> wrote:

      > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "nylaadee"
      > nylaadee@ wrote:
      > >
      > > does anyone know anything about harold camping and end of church
      age.

      > After the 1994 debacle, which he predicted was the year of Christ's
      > return due to his allegorical and convoluted Rube Goldberg principle
      of . . .

      --
      Boliver Allmon III
      Chaplain Candidate

      www.cepc.org
    • benrochester@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 8 , May 18, 2009
        I am familiar with the hermneutical theory Camping follows. I finished my undergraduate work at a school with similar views. I have several friends and family members who believe as he does. It is important to get these things right, because real people believe them.
        They would deny ever using allegory as an interpretative method. He believes that the Jewish feasts give literal dates to world events- specifically church related events. Eg. the reconvening of Israel as a nation as a sign of the times, and the Feast of Trumpets in 2011, as the new date for the end of the world.
        The best argument I have used in public and private debate is not that the view is non-literal, but that it is ideologically linked to the Anabaptists belief of intrinsic autonomous human authority and to their intellectual forebears (Joachim of Fiore, the Cathars, etc). We hold to Sola Scriptura as the final authority on all matters of faith and life. They are entirely disconnected to the BIble and the past in their intepretations. They hold to solo scirptura as in the Bible as interpreted by autonomous man. This reveals an ontologocal rationalism, semi-pelagian anthropology, a nominalist epistemology, a neo-platonic scheme of the upper and lower world, and is therefore more modernistic than it is Christian. They walk hand in hand with the higher critics in divorcing the BIble from its rightful place of authority.
        Of course people believe this stuff, it is just the same mordernism they have been indoctrinated to believe yet in theological garb.

        I hope that this helps
        God Bless,
        Benjamin Rochester

        Message 3 of 8 , May 29, 2009
          I made a few comments & questions previously. Was there a reason why they have not shown up? Was I excluded or not allowed posting rights for some reason. Thank you, Brian

          Not familiar with end of church age but about 10-15years ago he wrote a book predicting the end times with a specific year, month an day back in 1994 (?)or therabouts.

          Best regards,
          Brian Mericle

          Sent from my iPhone

          On May 15, 2009, at 9:33 PM, "nylaadee" <nylaadee@...> wrote:

          does anyone know anything about harold camping and end of church age.

        • Jerry
          Message 4 of 8 , May 29, 2009
            Brian,

            I don't recall seeing any posts from you that I did not allow through.

            gmw.