Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Again further evidence of the US Govt's aggression towards Christianity

  • Connie Blaine
    Message 1 of 33 , May 14, 2009
      you have misinterpreted what i said about crusading against sin. of course we are to repent of sin, but we are not to think that we can make others believe as we do. only God can do that. If God wills that gay marriage or abortion should be stopped then these sins would cease. only God can give repentance as we read in 2 tim.2:25-26; "in meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God paradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; and that they may recover themselves out of the snar of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will." no man can acknowledge the truth unless God gives them repentance. the unsaved are under the will of Satan. you cant change the heart of anybody only God can. that is why i said if you are crusading against sin, you will only be disappointed. are you not disappointed by what you see in the world? sin is everywhere, you only need to look in your very church to find it. and Satan has his seat there! and you think you are going to make the world change? what says the scripture?  2 thess. 2:10-12 " and with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. and for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: that they all might be damned who believe not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness. i already made my pastor-s know that they have false teaching. high places are in the very church. woman deacons, divorce and remarriage, traditions that make void the word of God, looking to a confession like the westminster as authoritative, reformed view of justification is wrong; the Bible is clear that we are justified by Christ's faith not by the exercise of our faith. the Bible says that a deacon or elder MUST BE the husband of one wife, having children etc. no church obeys this simple command that i have seen. i left the opc because of their following a confession rather than the word of God. i left nhpbc because they have rewritten the rules on these things. and also Christians are to be humble, not calling other people who disagree with them as neo-cons. what the presbyterians say or the original confession says verses the American version says means nothing. they are mans words not God's words. Baptism is not a means of grace, nor is it a sacrament. it is a ceremonial law. there are many high places in the reformed faith. don't follow the teaching of men but study the Bible for your self. i bet you never heard a sermon on how God's salvation plan is a last will and testament? or that Gabriel is not an angel? or that you are to interpret scripture with scripture, the Bible is its own interpreter. or how we are justified by the faith of Christ? really you are not following the true gospel, you are simply following your religion. i have attended a fairly strict reformed church over 10 years and realized that the majority of those members if not more were not saved. it was evident by their attitude towards the Bible and those who dare to question the confession. the Bible commands you to; "study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." 2 Tim. 2:15. the great commission has nothing to do with making governments righteous, nor is Rom. 13 speaking gov. getting involved with theology. all governments are of God whether communist or capitalist, democracy, dictatorship, and yes the evil roman Government. God has his purpose as he did with Pharaoh. Rom.9:17. Herod was a wicked ruler, but who put him there according to Rom.13? there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. so your view is not really consistent with what the Bible says. you know my pastor did a whole series of sermons on the book of proverbs but never did i hear him say that a proverb is a parable, amazing. thanks for your thoughtful response, James.

      Message 33 of 33 , May 17, 2009
        you quoted proverbs 11:14 which says:  "where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety." remember that proverbs are parables. verse 1:6 says; "To understand a PROVERB, and the interpretation; the words of the WISE, and THEIR dark sayings." so who are the wise counselors? its the word of God. you say its the westminster divines. you can believe that since these are the counsellors you have chosen to obey. the American version and the old version don't even agree totally but you are at liberty to believe the old if you want. but proverbs 11:14 etc. are speaking of the Bible. "The law and the prophets"  we read in 2 Tim. 3:15-17; "and that from a child thou hast known the holy SCRIPTURES, WHICH ARE ABLE TO MAKE THEE WISE unto salvation....ALL SCRIPTURE is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness; that the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works." Paul, speaking under the inspiration of the Holy spirit lays down the principle in Romans 3:4, "...let God be true, but every man a liar" see also Jer.17:5. the westminster divines are men are they not? so this means that we cant trust what they have stated as always absolutely true. but the Bible is absolutely true and sufficient. In Isaiah 9:6 we read of Christ "...and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, the mighty God..." same word that is used in proverbs11:14 also Paul declares in acts 20:27; "For i have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God." Heb.6:17 declares; "...the immutability of his counsel..." Rev. 3:18,"I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire,..." etc. But we are not going to agree because we are following two different authorities. you are following another gospel and so we cant agree. I have pointed out a number of false teachings in the confession before, but if you wish to disagree you can. you can belittle me and put me down if you wish. As for anabaptist I have heard of them but I really know nothing of them. you have perverted what romans 13 is saying and you have perverted what the great commision is, etc. No i was not on this site before. james.