[Covenanted Reformation] Re: First covenant

  • calthrope
    Message 1 of 34 , Mar 3 3:21 PM
      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Ic Neltococayotl" <puritanpresbyterian@...> wrote:

      > A person that questions the salvation of a professing Christian (he
      > questions Van Til's salvation);
      >
      > That misrepresents and ridicules the Puritan view of the Biblical
      > doctrine of Indwelling Sin;
      > as an outsider.....I usually do not post....however,declaring someone a heretic is a fearful statement.....The Second Epistle of John 1:7-11, speaks of Real Heretics.....Even people who do not belive in covenant theology feel a quasi covenant was in place Genesis 2:16-17, 3:17-23....
      > calls Covenant Theology heresy;
      >
      > cannot be dealt with in an adequate fashion via this medium. Such a
      > person requires face to face time. We do not have that opportunity.
      > Besides he comes across on his web site as having an unteachable spirit.
      >
      > I would not waste my time in such postings. Hopefully a Christian that
      > is both patient and steadfast will come his way that the Lord will use
      > to show him his errors and that he will repent of his unprofitable
      > contentiousness.
      >
      > Edgar
      >

      > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "gmw"
      > <ragingcalvinist@> wrote:
      > >

      > > If you guys want to debate him, I'll let his posts through for now...
      > >
      > > If you don't, I'll just boot him.
      > >
      > > I'll leave it up to the active membership for now. So, let me know
      > > yea or nay.
      > >
      > > From the posts I'm holding on to, he wants to take on Larry about
      > > logic, me about my believing there is such a thing as "the Lord's
      > > Day," and Edgar about Covenant Theology being a heresy.
      > >
      > > gmw.
      > >
      > > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Ic Neltococayotl"
      > > puritanpresbyterian@ wrote:
      > > >

      > > > James-
      > > >
      > > > For one who seeks to promote truth, why would you not want anyone to
      > > > find your site? I see a few things on your site that clash with
      > > classic
      > > > Reformed doctrines.
      > > >
      > > > I am sure that CT would not be the only thing you will challenge on
      > > this
      > > > forum, if given the opportunity.
      > > >
      > > > By the way to call Covenant Theology heresy takes lots of, well,
      > > guts to
      > > > state. Heresy is usually set aside for those doctrines that are
      > > > damnable.
      > > >
      > > > You may be a bit sloppy here in your classification bud. For
      > > example, I
      > > > believe my Baptist brothers are in ERROR when they deny Infant
      > > Baptism,
      > > > but I would not say that their position is heretical. They are in
      > > error
      > > > but not in heresy.
      > > >
      > > > -Edgar
      > > >

      > > > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, James J
      > > <jamesjay@>

      > > any of

    • Brian Mericle
      Message 34 of 34 , Mar 4 10:26 AM
        Thanks Charles. I was not aware of that. I only caught some of this comments and went to the web site someone indicated that was his blog. I can see and do believe that he was wrong but did not realize that he was not even adhering to basic Calvinistic Soteriology although possibly dis pen. I understand with what y'all are saying in other posts now, especially if someone is so far removed form basic orthodoxy, which I did not realize at the time that he thought all Puritan & Reformed thought was wrong. Thank you. Brian