Re: [Covenanted Reformation] First covenant

  • James J
    Message 1 of 34 , Feb 28, 2009
      Hello...

      gmw wrote:

      > Yes, that is a small part of the description, and MOST of the members
      > of this group do not profess to be Covenanters. However, the other
      > portions of the description note...
      >
      > "The Covenanted Reformation Club is a place to discuss the True
      > Religion as revealed in God's Word, //set forth in the Westminster
      > Standards,// //sworn to in the Solemn League and Covenant,// and
      > adhered to by the best Reformers, Puritans, and Covenanters, " and...
      > "this will //not// be a forum for declaring heretical views or for
      > attacking the //Covenanted Reformation or the principles thereof.//
      >
      > Now, seeing as you are apparently the author of this piece of work
      > that proports to demonstrate that Covenant Theology is unbiblical
      > (http://home. paonline. com/jamesjay/ CThers.htm
      > <http://home.paonline.com/jamesjay/CThers.htm>),

      .
      I am its author.
      .

      > and that you announced
      > your presence here by denying that God made covenants before His
      > covenant with Noah,

      .
      In so many words, yes.
      .

      > I again ask you why you are posting in this forum

      .
      Same reasons I already stated.
      .

      > which is clearly NOT for attacking the principles outlined in the
      > Westminster Standards, and maintained by the historic Covenanters?

      .
      Would you be of a mind to differentiate between "attack" and "question
      and examine in the light of Scripture"? I like to think I take the
      latter view. Remember Luther!
      I believe folks should never ever abandon an "open mind" and always be
      willing to examine and re-examine any and all doctrine by the Bible. I
      have had to make several corrections over the years by doing so myself.
      Acts 17:11

      James Kirby
      .
    • Brian Mericle
      Message 34 of 34 , Mar 4, 2009
        Thanks Charles. I was not aware of that. I only caught some of this comments and went to the web site someone indicated that was his blog. I can see and do believe that he was wrong but did not realize that he was not even adhering to basic Calvinistic Soteriology although possibly dis pen. I understand with what y'all are saying in other posts now, especially if someone is so far removed form basic orthodoxy, which I did not realize at the time that he thought all Puritan & Reformed thought was wrong. Thank you. Brian