Re: First covenant

  • benhartmail
    Message 1 of 34 , Feb 28, 2009
      gmw,

      Let me clarify. Perhaps it is the fact that this is a web forum and
      standard cues that you'd get if you saw a person face to face are
      absent that might otherwise show a charitable spirit. But as I see
      this thread, it's another example of a guy who is getting it wrong
      about some doctrine, and a bunch of better-informed people sticking it
      to him. He's wrong, the Reformed guys are right (about the doctrine),
      but there appears to be an implicit *screw you, buddy, you had better
      get this figured out before you come around these parts!* in the way
      he's been dealt with.

      So what if what he's saying is wrong? So what if it was put out in a
      sort of combative spirit? He's misguided--give him a break and take
      it easy as you deal with him. We're all in this together as
      Christians and people get things wrong and espouse them in an immature
      way some times.

      That, at least, is the way it seems. So to make it plain, there was a
      good deal of sarcasm in my original post.

      If that is not how this exchange was intended, so be it. I will
      gladly be corrected.

      In the interest of peace and unity,
      Ben

      <ragingcalvinist@...> wrote:

      > I'm not sure I understand you here, Ben.
      >
      > gmw.
      >
      > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "benhartmail"
      > <benjamin.hart1@> wrote:
      > >
      > > It's threads like this that make me proud to be a Christian, a member
      > > of the body of Christ--the body that is grounded on Christ's
      > > undeserved love for the sinful people he's redeemed.
      > >
      > > May the drum beat continue...along with the edification.
      > >
      > > -Ben
      > >
      > > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "jozinky"
      > > <jamesjay@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hello;
      > > >
      > > > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "gmw"

      > > > .
      > > > First I myself am "reformed" in that I hold the doctrines of TULIP.
      > > >
      > > > Second, I didn't know that belief in covenant theology was
      requirement
      > > > to post.
      > > >
      > > > Third, if CT is Biblical then those who hold it have nothing to
      fear.

      > > > Fourth, if it is not then those who hold it might want to reconsider
      > > > and repent.
      > > >
      > > > James Kirby

    • Brian Mericle
      Message 34 of 34 , Mar 4 10:26 AM
        Thanks Charles. I was not aware of that. I only caught some of this comments and went to the web site someone indicated that was his blog. I can see and do believe that he was wrong but did not realize that he was not even adhering to basic Calvinistic Soteriology although possibly dis pen. I understand with what y'all are saying in other posts now, especially if someone is so far removed form basic orthodoxy, which I did not realize at the time that he thought all Puritan & Reformed thought was wrong. Thank you. Brian