Re: conception

  • benhartmail
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 8, 2008
      Edgar,

      Sorry for being so slow in getting back to you. I have been drafting
      a post on natural law since that seems to be the real sticking point
      here. However, as I recall, Anscombe doesn't take such a Stoical
      view towards sex. In fact, at the end of the article she makes a
      lengthy defense of the place of pleasure in the act, approvingly
      quoting Aristotle where he says that "pleasure perfects the act."
      Read the last 10 or so paragraphs and let me know what you think.
      What she says is that sex shouldn't be done "purely for pleasure",
      and though debatable, I think if understood correctly, she's right
      that we shouldn't have sex with the sole end of physical pleasure.
      That fails to attain the end of the act.

      But like I said, I am drafting a post on natural law, and I can get
      into it more then. I am just very busy with my other work right
      now. But thanks for your participation and comments.

      -Ben

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Ic Neltococayotl"