Re: Continuous Singing

  • Abigail
    Message 1 of 4 , May 23, 2008
      Hello,

      If you're asking about the RPCNA, the original Westminster Confession
      of Faith is part of our constitution. You can find the RP
      constitution at the denominational website,
      http://reformedpresbyterian.org/. You'll notice that the Reformed
      Presbyterian Testimony, which is meant to explain and apply the WCF,
      runs alongside it. Unfortunately, there are places where the RP
      Testimony actually contradicts the WCF. The only two places that
      come to mind are in chapter 23:3, where the Testimony states, "We
      reject the portion of paragraph 3 after the colon." This has to do
      with magistrates calling Synods and providing that everything
      transacted be according to the mind of God. The Testimony also
      rejects the last sentence of chapter 24:4, which forbids marriage to
      any relative of one's spouse.

      It should be noted, though, that there are ministers and elders in
      the denomination who hold to the original WCF without exception.

      Abigail Drost
      Providence RPC
      Pittsburgh, PA

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "ghowmil"
      <garnetmilne@...> wrote:

      > Does this denomination also no longer hold to the WCF as originally
      > given, but to a 'sanitized' version?
      >
      > Gary
      >

      > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Jerry
      > <ragingcalvinist@> wrote:
      > >

      > > Lining out a Psalm is the reading of the line aloud, prior to
      everyone
      > > singing that line. It helps the children, the women holding
      children
      > > who can't also hold a book, and others who cannot read, to be
      able to
      > > sing along.
      > >
      > > gmw.
      > >

      > > Jim Polk wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi Jerry,
      > > >
      > > > What is it to "line-out" a Psalm? What is "continuous singing"?
      I've