Continuous Singing

  • Jim Polk
    Message 1 of 4 , May 21, 2008
      Hi Jerry,

      What is it to "line-out" a Psalm? What is "continuous singing"? I've
      seen these terms in a few articles I've read -- but, no one defines
      them. Even good old Google has been much help.
    • Jerry

        Message 3 of 4 , May 21, 2008
          Does this denomination also no longer hold to the WCF as originally
          given, but to a 'sanitized' version?

          Gary

          --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Jerry
          <ragingcalvinist@...> wrote:

          > Lining out a Psalm is the reading of the line aloud, prior to everyone
          > singing that line. It helps the children, the women holding children
          > who can't also hold a book, and others who cannot read, to be able to
          > sing along.
          >
          > gmw.
          >

          > Jim Polk wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi Jerry,
          > >
          > > What is it to "line-out" a Psalm? What is "continuous singing"? I've
          > > seen these terms in a few articles I've read -- but, no one defines
          > > them. Even good old Google has been much help.

        • Abigail
          Message 4 of 4 , May 23, 2008
            Hello,

            If you're asking about the RPCNA, the original Westminster Confession
            of Faith is part of our constitution. You can find the RP
            constitution at the denominational website,
            http://reformedpresbyterian.org/. You'll notice that the Reformed
            Presbyterian Testimony, which is meant to explain and apply the WCF,
            runs alongside it. Unfortunately, there are places where the RP
            Testimony actually contradicts the WCF. The only two places that
            come to mind are in chapter 23:3, where the Testimony states, "We
            reject the portion of paragraph 3 after the colon." This has to do
            with magistrates calling Synods and providing that everything
            transacted be according to the mind of God. The Testimony also
            rejects the last sentence of chapter 24:4, which forbids marriage to
            any relative of one's spouse.

            It should be noted, though, that there are ministers and elders in
            the denomination who hold to the original WCF without exception.

            Abigail Drost
            Providence RPC
            Pittsburgh, PA

            --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "ghowmil"