[Covenanted Reformation] Re: The E-Mail from Holland

  • Big Ears
    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 10, 2008
      Hello,
      Not sure of what all this about but Ek Se here is a link,

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netherlands_(terminology)

      David
    • Larry Bump
      Message 2 of 20 , Apr 10, 2008
        Deejay wrote:
        > I’m sure it’s likely there is a very sound reason within Holland, of why
        > it is thought of predominantly as the Netherlands in some other
        > countries, but not the country in question, itself. It is, I would
        > imagine a cultural thing. In that it is very precise to the Dutch and
        > only appears otherwise to other countries. After all, it’s their
        > country, so they should know. It’s only a guess, but it seems likely.
        > We Englanders say Holland too. But it’s probably just a European thing.

        It's funny that they do so, but if you call a Brit (not from England
        proper) English they get all bothered.
        Or when you Brits call all Americans "Yanks". The southern half of us
        don't care for that one bit...

        ;-)

        Larry