RE: [Covenanted Reformation] Re: Iain Murray, (was) Anybody know who this is?

  • Glenn Ferrell
    Message 1 of 23 , Mar 31, 2008
      Simon:

      Thanks for sending your pastor's response to Murray.

      Glenn

      J. Glenn Ferrell, Pastor, Sovereign Redeemer Presbyterian Church, Boise, Idaho    http://sovereignredeemer.org

      To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
      From: simon_padbury@...
      Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 11:46:21 +0000
      Subject: [Covenanted Reformation] Re: Iain Murray, (was) Anybody know who this is?

      There's this response to I.Murray too, which is shorter than M.Watts.
      It's been around longer than the longest, I think, but hasn't been
      noticed very much. My pastor wrote it back in 2001.

      http://www.truthzon e.co.uk/WHCpsalm sIHM.htm

      Simon Padbury

      --- In covenantedreformati onclub@yahoogrou ps.com, "bob_suden"
      <bsuden@...> wrote:

      > Dear Glenn,
      >
      > Thank you for explaining your remark.
      > I would agree, but also note that Isaac is long dead and only Frame
      > has anywhere near the influence or clout of Murray among the serious
      > presbyterian and reformed, as opposed to the broadly reformed
      (BRs).
      > The Banner of Truth/Murray is seen as the last word on Puritan
      piety
      > (as well that the SL&C/2nd Reformation has been pretty much ignored
      > because BoT ignores it.) IMO Schlissel and Jordan are pretty much
      > seen as nutcakes and marginal by the conservative
      confessional "truly
      > reformed (TRs)" in the PCA or OPC. In other words, when a guy like
      > Murray signs on or finally speaks up about it, that carries some
      real
      > weight, like it or not.
      > I thought Watts was a little overdone as a response to Murray and
      > still prefer Hugh Cartwright's shorter answer.
      > Unfortunately Bushell's Songs of Zion is out of print again
      according
      > to the Crown & Covenant website.(It still might be available from
      SWRB