Announcement of the Session of the RPNA(GM)

  • bob_suden
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 22, 2008

      Announcement of the Session of the RPNA(GM)

      March 10, 2008

      Dear Brothers and Sisters under the inspection of the Session of the RPNA(GM).

      On December 2, 2007, we sent a letter to you explaining that due to financial inability we faced the possibility of formal dissolution.

      In that letter we stated:

      Over the past years we have together, by the grace of God, faced many difficulties and trials together as we continue to confess and defend the "faith once delivered to the saints", and uphold the faithful attainments of our faithful forefathers in both doctrine and practice. It is our hope that we can continue to do so together for many years to come.

      However, it is our duty to inform you that we now have a financial difficulty before us which, if not overcome, threatens to bring the RPNA(GM) to the point of formal dissolution in the near future.

      We do not deem it practically feasible to continue to be able to function adequately within the church court without the benefit of full-time officers. In the circumstance where all of our officers have full-time employment in other jobs, and considering also that we, as officers, have had difficulty keeping up with the many issues we face even when we had two full-time officers, we do not believe that under our current circumstances we could sufficiently manage the affairs of the church on such a part-time basis. Consequently, after careful consideration and discussion, we have determined that if our finances reach a point where we no longer can afford to pay our full-time officers, we see our best option as that of formal dissolution.

      By formal dissolution we mean that the church court would be formally dissolved, as would the formal obligations mutually agreed upon between members and the officers of the RPNA(GM). Due to our small numbers and current levels of income, we recognize that this possibility has a high likelihood of becoming a reality, although we want to assure you that we will not take this step should this financial problem be rectified. We also wish to assure you that should formal dissolution take place in the near future, we as your elders consider this only as a temporary expedient until such time as we can once again have the benefit of full-time officers.

      It is now our sad ministerial duty to inform those in the membership of the RPNA(GM) that the time has come where, due to financial inability, we, as a Session, effective March 10, 2008, have unanimously determined to formally dissolve as a Session.

      We exhort those who maintain our covenanted testimony to remain steadfast in the truth, and to continue in prayer asking that God will once again allow a covenanted ecclesiastical court to rule faithfully among his people.

      We are thankful for you our bothers and sisters in Christ, and we, as individual Elders will make ourselves available (as time allows) to answer questions pertaining to our continued societal and individual fellowship in the future. Please contact us privately by email to arrange a phone conversation should you have further questions regarding this announcement.

      The Session of the RPNA(GM),

      Pastor Greg Price
      Ruling Elder Greg Barrow
      Ruling Elder Lyndon Dohms

      Thank you.
    • forisraelssake
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 22, 2008
        Ding Dong! The Witch is dead. Which old Witch? The Wicked Witch!
        Ding Dong! The Wicked Witch is dead.

        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "bob_suden"
        <bsuden@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > full-time officers.
        >

        > It is now our sad ministerial duty to inform those in the membership of
        > the RPNA(GM) that the time has come where, due to financial inability,
        > we, as a Session, effective March 10, 2008, have unanimously determined
        > to formally dissolve as a Session.
        >
        > We exhort those who maintain our covenanted testimony to remain
        > steadfast in the truth, and to continue in prayer asking that God will
        > once again allow a covenanted ecclesiastical court to rule faithfully
        > among his people.
        >
        > We are thankful for you our bothers and sisters in Christ, and we, as
        > individual Elders will make ourselves available (as time allows) to
        > answer questions pertaining to our continued societal and individual
        > fellowship in the future. Please contact us privately by email to
        > arrange a phone conversation should you have further questions

      • bob_suden
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 22, 2008
          Yeah, Prov. 25:25 hits the spot.
          "As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country".

          But also Prov. 24:17,18:
          "Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad
          when he stumbleth: Lest the LORD see it, and it displease him, and he
          turn away his wrath from him".

          --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "forisraelssake"

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 22, 2008
            <bsuden@...> wrote:

            > Yeah, Prov. 25:25 hits the spot.
            > "As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country".
            >
            > But also Prov. 24:17,18:
            > "Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad
            > when he stumbleth: Lest the LORD see it, and it displease him, and he
            > turn away his wrath from him".

            Well it might be a false alarm, and like Mark Twain, reports of its
            death might be greatly exaggerated. After all, the last time they
            dissolved their telephone "Presbytery", after two years that was
            reinterpreted by them to mean it was actually the unannounced
            inauguration of their telephone "consistory" with identical
            jurisdiction and powers. I wonder if they still have a rabbit to pull
            out of their hat if they really need to get back together as judges
            once or twice for some good old fashioned excommunicating. Ben, you
            might just be excommunicated yet!

            What seems to me most sad is how "Rev" Price is not going to be able
            to serve communion anymore, and potentially even baptize, without his
            imperious Court to sanction it, even if all parties involved want it.
            They argued themselves into a corner on that one. Or they will find
            some trivial spirit-breaking but rule-keeping way around it, like one
            of the Edmonton boys convening a temporary 'session' over the phone
            with Price and admitting members to the sacraments.

            Heh, oh man, what a fly-by-night organization of cracker jacks and
            jokers. My august and regal former denomination. Sad.

            Chris