... to be called of men, Doctor, Doctor.

  • truepresbyterian
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 9, 2008
      If anyone is interested, there are a couple little articles in the old
      Original Covenanter Magazine edited by David Steele on this topic. I
      uploaded them today:

      http://www.truecovenanter.com/reformedpresbyterian/magazine/orig_cov_an_honor_declined.html

      http://www.truecovenanter.com/reformedpresbyterian/magazine/orig_cov_flattering_titles.html

      And without going into detail I just wanted to comment that my
      intention therein is not to point a finger at anyone in particular, or
      even to say that this reflects my thoughts about RB of SWRB. I would
      advise those concerned to speak with him directly before making any
      assumptions about the reason for which he prefixes his name with Dr.

      Also, I think Tyndale's translation of Matthew 23.8 is noteworthy,
      where he more emphatically expresses the duty of the true Doctor to
      resist those who seek to flatter him with titles: Ye shall not suffer
      yourselves to be called Rabbi.

      True Presbyterian
    • Larry Bump
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 9, 2008
        truepresbyterian wrote:
        > If anyone is interested, there are a couple little articles in the old
        > Original Covenanter Magazine edited by David Steele on this topic. I
        > uploaded them today:

        Who are you?