THE HISTORY OF THE SUFFERINGS OF THE CHURCH OF SCOTLAND

  • Michael Gaydosh
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 14, 2007

      THE HISTORY OF THE SUFFERINGS OF THE CHURCH OF SCOTLAND
      From the Restoration to the Revolution

      Robert Wodrow

      "Oh, my! Reprinting Wodrow's History would be a WONDERFUL service to church historians, especially regarding the history of the Scottish church in the sixteenth and, especially, seventeenth centuries, but more widely, too, in that he often documents the strong interaction of the Scots with Reformed thinkers (and doers) from the rest of Britain, Ireland, and the Continent. It is a marvelous work of tremendous value, filled with complete texts of primary documents from the time, as well as Wodrow's intricately detailed and carefully researched historical narrative. I have the four-volume set myself, rebound at the University of St. Andrews from its original printing, and made huge use of it in my doctoral work." - Dr. E. Calvin Beisner

      "The church historian Robert Wodrow's (1679-1734) History of the Sufferings of the Church of Scotland is a massive, detailed classic, most worthy of being reprinted. Historical scholarship has proven that this set of books forms a reliable work written by a diligent historian who served for some years as a librarian prior to ministering in a small charge near Paisley, Scotland. Anyone interested in Scottish church history will want to purchase this set, and will be moved, humbled, and challenged by the remarkable sufferings our Scottish brethren endured so heroically for Christ's sake." - Dr. Joel R. Beeke

      Four Volume Hardcover Set List Price $250.00 - Pre-publication Price $135.00

      Visit our website at http://www.solid-ground-books.com/books_PrePublicationSpecialOffers.asp