Re: [Covenanted Reformation] suggestions for dialoguing with an Armenian

  • nocost2great
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 18, 2007
      that is 100% Armenian as well, but
      > he is a thoroughgoing Calvinist. Pastor Christian Adjemian is his
      name.

      > BTW, if you see a last name ending in "ian" it is almost certainly
      an
      > Armenian name.
      >
      > ;-)
      >
      > Larry

      Okay, Larry. Is this a joke? Maybe I am missing something. How can one
      be both? You are either saved by grace alone or you're not. This guys
      says it is all up to the individual. God doesn't have any part in the
      choosing. In fact (says he), we are not even predestined. All the
      while he says he LOVES Ephesians.

      Dee Dee
    • Deejay
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 18, 2007
        Hi DeeDee,

        from what you have said about this guy, I think it would take a bit more
        than his loving Ephesians for me to call him a Calvinist. As he may
        love it, but does he actually understand it correctly?

        ~Deejay

        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "nocost2great"
        <manna4free@...> wrote:

        > that is 100% Armenian as well, but
        > > he is a thoroughgoing Calvinist. Pastor Christian Adjemian is his
        > name.
        > >
        > > BTW, if you see a last name ending in "ian" it is almost certainly
        > an
        > > Armenian name.
        > >
        > > ;-)
        > >
        > > Larry
        > >
        > Okay, Larry. Is this a joke? Maybe I am missing something. How can one
        > be both? You are either saved by grace alone or you're not. This guys
        > says it is all up to the individual. God doesn't have any part in the
        > choosing. In fact (says he), we are not even predestined. All the
        > while he says he LOVES Ephesians.
        >
        > Dee Dee

      • Larry Bump
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 18, 2007
          nocost2great wrote:

          > Okay, Larry. Is this a joke? Maybe I am missing something. How can one
          > be both? You are either saved by grace alone or you're not.

          An Armenian is someone whose family is from Armenia, north-east of Turkey.

          An Arminian is someone who rejects the doctrines of grace.

          And yes, just a joke. Sorry!

          Larry
        • nocost2great
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 25, 2007
            > And yes, just a joke. Sorry!
            >
            > Larry

            That's okay Larry. I am not the best speller, and can be dense at
            times too. LOL

            Dee Dee