Re: [Covenanted Reformation] suggestions for dialoguing with an Armenian

  • Larry Bump
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 11, 2007
      nocost2great wrote:
      > For those of you who excel in apologetics - I am dialoguing with a
      > pastor who is Armenian through and through.

      Just a quick note.
      We have a pastor in our denomination that is 100% Armenian as well, but
      he is a thoroughgoing Calvinist. Pastor Christian Adjemian is his name.

      BTW, if you see a last name ending in "ian" it is almost certainly an
      Armenian name.

      ;-)

      Larry
    • nocost2great
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 18, 2007
        that is 100% Armenian as well, but
        > he is a thoroughgoing Calvinist. Pastor Christian Adjemian is his
        name.

        > BTW, if you see a last name ending in "ian" it is almost certainly
        an
        > Armenian name.
        >
        > ;-)
        >
        > Larry

        Okay, Larry. Is this a joke? Maybe I am missing something. How can one
        be both? You are either saved by grace alone or you're not. This guys
        says it is all up to the individual. God doesn't have any part in the
        choosing. In fact (says he), we are not even predestined. All the
        while he says he LOVES Ephesians.

        Dee Dee
      • Deejay
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 18, 2007
          Hi DeeDee,

          from what you have said about this guy, I think it would take a bit more
          than his loving Ephesians for me to call him a Calvinist. As he may
          love it, but does he actually understand it correctly?

          ~Deejay

          --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "nocost2great"
          <manna4free@...> wrote:

          > that is 100% Armenian as well, but
          > > he is a thoroughgoing Calvinist. Pastor Christian Adjemian is his
          > name.
          > >
          > > BTW, if you see a last name ending in "ian" it is almost certainly
          > an
          > > Armenian name.
          > >
          > > ;-)
          > >
          > > Larry
          > >
          > Okay, Larry. Is this a joke? Maybe I am missing something. How can one
          > be both? You are either saved by grace alone or you're not. This guys
          > says it is all up to the individual. God doesn't have any part in the
          > choosing. In fact (says he), we are not even predestined. All the
          > while he says he LOVES Ephesians.
          >
          > Dee Dee

        • Larry Bump
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 18, 2007
            nocost2great wrote:

            > Okay, Larry. Is this a joke? Maybe I am missing something. How can one
            > be both? You are either saved by grace alone or you're not.

            An Armenian is someone whose family is from Armenia, north-east of Turkey.

            An Arminian is someone who rejects the doctrines of grace.

            And yes, just a joke. Sorry!

            Larry
          • nocost2great
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 25, 2007
              > And yes, just a joke. Sorry!
              >
              > Larry

              That's okay Larry. I am not the best speller, and can be dense at
              times too. LOL

              Dee Dee